December 2012...Christmastime in WDW

What are the crowds like on Christmas and Christmas eve?

From what I have read...busy. I have been checking the Lines app on my phone several times today, and plan on doing so through the 26th (the dates of our trip) so I can have a general idea of wait times and how quickly FP go for what rides.

Supposedly the week between Christmas and NY is the busiest, but the days leading up to Christmas get busier with each day.

I'm on board as well!
We had such a magically awesome trip lat week, we decided to do it again next year!
Planning on December 8-15, 2012, staying at ASMo in 2 rooms! :love:

We are going for Xmas 2012, not too sure of dates yet but approx from the 15th for 2 weeks. This will our ds first trip to wdw, he will be 8, he has been dlrp and loves it. Looking forward to seeing the new toon town and the Beauty and the Beast dining room:goodvibes

We are going for Xmas 2012, not too sure of dates yet but approx from the 15th for 2 weeks. This will our ds first trip to wdw, he will be 8, he has been dlrp and loves it. Looking forward to seeing the new toon town and the Beauty and the Beast dining room:goodvibes

I'm looking forward to seeing all the new additions too. I know it wont be all the way done, but I'm still excited. Cant wait to see a menu for the TS at Beast's Castle :)

342 days until we're there! I can't wait!!! :cool1:

355 for us :santa:

We are on board also!!!!!! We are booked December 8th to December 14th at POFQ. I planned this entire trip around the date 12-12-12. However, with Pop weekending ending on December 8th, if there is free food it will probably start on December 10th. I am not going to make my flight reservations until late summer/early fall, in case I can take advantage of free dining.

If no free dining, no matter-we are still going (and we are leaving the kids at home again).

I am hoping to take time to go to A of A resort to look at the new resort.

Also-does anyone know when MVMCP tickets will go on sale? I want to add the sale date to my to-do countdown list.

Thanks!

I'm here just for a day and managed to book a bounceback (30% off) to POFQ for 12/9 - 12/15! It was fate, I've always wanted to stay there and those were about the dates I was looking at! :cool1:

We are booked for 12/16 - 12/21 at WL. So very excited! We were there last year 12/1-12/8 and had such an amazing time we had to plan another December trip. There is no place like WDW in December!!!!! :)

Count me in! :thumbsup2

We will be there 12/9 - 12/15 at AKL Villas! Christmas season at Disney World is just so magical and my absolute FAVORITE! :santa::love:

I can't wait to make our ADR's and everything!

We just booked for Dec 11-18. This will be our 2nd family vacation ever and 2nd visit to Disney. This time we have decided to stay at the Coronado Springs. :banana:

We are starting to research and plan our trip from December 23 - January 6th!
I am putting together prices for staying at a home rental vs staying on site, so far the cost is $700 more to stay on site uggh hate making decisions lol! So excited to be going at xmas but also a little sad to be missing out on the usual family traditions at home! Does anyone know if there are tree rentals for the rooms??

Hi all, we'll be joing too. I haven't booked yet because I'm still trying to decide on a hotel but our dates will be 12/26 - 1/1. From what I hear this is the busiest time of year to go yet, I can't find much info on it?? I plan to make my ADR's exactly on my 180 day mark, yet I'm nervous that I won't get what I want because it's THAT busy. I found airfare for a good price but I need to act on it before it goes up. Once I do that we are locked in so I've been looking for as much info as I can. You would think this board would be filled w/ info on that week but... not so much :confused3

Enjoy the planning everyone!!

Hi all, we'll be joing too. I haven't booked yet because I'm still trying to decide on a hotel but our dates will be 12/26 - 1/1. From what I hear this is the busiest time of year to go yet, I can't find much info on it?? I plan to make my ADR's exactly on my 180 day mark, yet I'm nervous that I won't get what I want because it's THAT busy. I found airfare for a good price but I need to act on it before it goes up. Once I do that we are locked in so I've been looking for as much info as I can. You would think this board would be filled w/ info on that week but... not so much :confused3

Enjoy the planning everyone!!

We are going 12/26-1/1 too. I'm in the same boat as you. Hope we can find out more info about it! :thumbsup2

We are discussing Dec. 26th to Jan. 2nd as well. All the feed back I have gotten is it is very crowded. Like 11 out of 10. Sometimes they close the MK because of crowds. I have been told to go early. I love Disney at Christmastime. It is very magical:) We attempted New Years at Epcot a long time ago and we gave up and went back to the room. My kids are out of school during this time as well as my DH has several days off, so its the best time for us.

mouse2mouse/Alice, seems like most disers don't go that week. That should tell us something, lol:rotfl:. I booked the other day. We'll stay at POR. Unfortuneatly, the Air Fare has since gone up :(. I'm keeping my eye on that.

From what I've read (which is very little) NYE itself is out of control in the parks and they say to get there first thing in the am and to stay all day. I've also read the parks are ALL at a 10 every day. The park hours seem VERY extended which is good. My plan is to make this a little bit of a scaled back trip. No RD's, no staying until close, just one park per day for as long as we can take the crowds and then stuff at the hotel. We'll do what we can fit in and thats it. I can only imagine what making ADR's is going to be like so I'm getting my list prepared and set so I can make them and keep them since I'm sure there will be little room for changes.

I just wish more people had first hand experience to share.

Happy planning!!!

We are booked 12/9-12/15 at POFQ !!!!!:cool1:

AAANNNNDDD.....it's a SURPRISE trip for our twin girls!!!! party:

They will be 8 then and it's their first trip. We are just so thrilled for them!

(ps. Is it wrong to be planning my next trip in my head, before the first one) :rotfl:

Count us in. We will be going from 12/28-1/6. Staying off site beginning of the trip at Marriott timeshare and then at BLT. I can wait. This has become our annual tradition. Yes it is crowded. The parks were closed due to capacity a few days last year. Plan on getting to the parks early. Still it is a magical time of the year to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter