• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2012 Car Rentals

Point is that I was not asking that. I was asking about recent experience with the company. Basically "Have you used this company and what is your experience" Nothing more and nothing less. An honest opinion about the company. How hard is that?
But they did answer:

They rent cars. That is their job. They do it as good as anyone else.

I have used Advantage at MCO and other places. No problems. Cars have been new and charged as expected.

with all do respect, she wasn't asking for anyones opinion.. just experiences, good or bad. The "name up in lights and how far you have to walk" was really exaggerated, condenscending and just snarky *IMHO*
Welcome to the internet! Opinions come with the territory.

But they did answer:

Welcome to the internet! Opinions come with the territory.
There is just a nicer way to put things.
For instance:
"They rent cars" and "That's their job" comes off a tad snarky. The poster knows these two facts and to say them insinuates that the person is an idiot.
"they do as good as anyone else." would have been all that was needed to reply. That is advise. The other two comments, made the reply sound snarky.
Just trying to say, there is always a kinder way to reply with info, because your opinions are just that...yours, and we shouldn't judge others on why they asked the question.

Check again right now! lol My rates were over $400 this morning but I just checked again and got $199 for Dec 1 to 9 with insiders id for compact!!

Woohoo!! I'm finally below $200!! The first time my rates dropped was just a couple days ago.

You really have to check morning, noon and night. Rates keep going up and down like crazy for a few dates and mine happens to be one of them. I check at least 5 times a day!!

Through Costco you can get a compact with enterprise for $162 inc taxes.
http://www.costcotravel.com/#11_rentalCars

Just looked at dollar lock and go rates for Dec 1-6 and total was $300.

Using Budget and wendie code d454300 and e-coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off you can get a midisze for $152 after e-coupon is applied when return vehicle.

Does anyone know if Enterprise charges your credit card when you book? I'm still leaning towards them, but don't want to book if they charge our card immediately.

Does anyone know if Enterprise charges your credit card when you book? I'm still leaning towards them, but don't want to book if they charge our card immediately.

You don't give your credit card number when booking. They only ask what type of card you will be using.

I'm looking for a 12/8 9pm to 12/15 4pm reservation with Alamo, and it is close to $400.

This was an incredibly high rate, so I did some sensitivity analysis. If I do 12/8 9pm to 12/17 2pm, it drops to under $150.

It looks like the rate for Alamo drops significantly once I am over the 8 day hump.

Has anyone experienced this before with Alamo, and will the 7 day price decrease as December gets closer? Or should I rent elsewhere? (currently holding ressies with Enterprise and Dollar)

Thanks!

I'm looking for a 12/8 9pm to 12/15 4pm reservation with Alamo, and it is close to $400.

This was an incredibly high rate, so I did some sensitivity analysis. If I do 12/8 9pm to 12/17 2pm, it drops to under $150.

It looks like the rate for Alamo drops significantly once I am over the 8 day hump.

Has anyone experienced this before with Alamo, and will the 7 day price decrease as December gets closer? Or should I rent elsewhere? (currently holding ressies with Budget and Dollar)

You haven't mentioned what type of vehicle you are looking for.

Through www.vacationoutlet.com, you can get a compact through Dollar for your dates and times for $236.30 including all taxes and fees. A full size would be $265, and a minivan is $382.

You can also get the discount by entering the corporate code VO5013 directly on Dollar.com.

You haven't mentioned what type of vehicle you are looking for.

Through www.vacationoutlet.com, you can get a compact through Dollar for your dates and times for $236.30 including all taxes and fees. A full size would be $265, and a minivan is $382.

You can also get the discount by entering the corporate code VO5013 directly on Dollar.com.
Budget's Wendie Rate is $202 with taxes for an SUV and $178 for a compact.

Has anyone experienced this before with Alamo, and will the 7 day price decrease as December gets closer? Or should I rent elsewhere? (currently holding ressies with Enterprise and Dollar)

Thanks!

Whoops, you're right, I didn't mention what type of vehicle I was looking for. It is only me (solo trip) so vehicle doesn't matter. I could even go down to an economy.

I do have backup ressie with Dollar ($140) and Enterprise ($144), I just can't figure out Alamo's pricing scheme on less than 8 days.

Thanks!!

Whoops, you're right, I didn't mention what type of vehicle I was looking for. It is only me (solo trip) so vehicle doesn't matter. I could even go down to an economy.

I do have backup ressie with Dollar ($140) and Enterprise ($144), I just can't figure out Alamo's pricing scheme on less than 8 days.

Thanks!!

With tax? I would keep one of those. No one understands Alamo's pricing, so you are not alone.

.....If I do 12/8 9pm to 12/17 2pm, it drops to under $150. It looks like the rate for Alamo drops significantly once I am over the 8 day hump. Has anyone experienced this before with Alamo, and will the 7 day price decrease as December gets closer?.....
Wow, I had kept getting high prices for 7 and 8 day but had never put in 9 days to see the drop. I am shocked and I'm guessing Alamo has their website jacked up again. I was able to duplicate what you were talking about. I hope they fix the weekly price for 7 and 8 day or they are losing my business. I'm tired of horribly high rates from them when I rent for a week.

Budget's Wendie Rate is $202 with taxes for an SUV and $178 for a compact.

:mad: Grrrrrrrrrrrr...............why does that code have to expire on December 15th?!?!? :furious: I would have loved, loved, loved an SUV for our trip (we drive a Dodge Journey here at home, so going down to a car always feels squishy). C'mon, Santa :santa: .... we want some good Christmas week deals!

As for the Alamo wonky pricing, its worth mentioning that Dollar's regular pricing (including the "city special") for Christmas week were double today over what they had been previously listed at ($600+ and upwards....and that's BEFORE taxes and fees :scared1:). Hoping maybe we're not far off of the prices starting to drop.....they always seem to take a big leap upward before they start their gradual decline to something more reasonable.

with all do respect, she wasn't asking for anyones opinion.. just experiences, good or bad. The "name up in lights and how far you have to walk" was really exaggerated, condenscending and just snarky *IMHO*

Then, respectfully, you and she are reading wayyyyy too much into those responses. They're indirect but not in any way snarky. What they all said was, "Advantage is as good as the nationally advertised brands, but without the bells and whistles - so often at lower rates. The rental counter or lot may not be quite as convenient."

And really, I could have been snarky while translating. Those TripAdvisor responses weren't snarky at all.

I was able to "name my own price" on price line . I got a mini van for $20 a day through Avis Dec 7- Dec 15

Ok so I was just screwing around on Pricelines and placed a $13 a day bid on an Intermediate SUV. It would have been $16, but I had some Priceline rewards I could use and it got ACCEPTED! Total price $160.85 12/8-12/14 with Budget. I'm very happy with that!

Priceline can either really work for you or not. I've gotten some great deals with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter