December 2, 2012 Wonder Cruise

So Pinkpug are you joining our little group or were you just sharing facts with us. I hope that you are, our small band needs some more characters. I hope all of you that have been lurking decide to sign on and join the few of us that are already on board. I would have thought by now that our board would be over flowing with people since people on the now cancelled MR cruises were shifted to ours. But that hasn't seem to be the case. I have been working on a fun logo and as soo I remember how to post pictures here I will get it up. I have an easier day at work right now so I will spend time and so by the time many of you read this I hope to already show everyone what I have been looking on.

view.sfly

:beach: Count us in! We are Vada and Jerry from Highland, CA. This will be our 48th cruise, but only our 2nd with DCL! Yep, we do love to cruise!!
Last April, for my birthday, we did the MR on the Wonder and had such a great time that we're going to do it again this December for Jerry's birthday!
Our April cruise had a very lively group thread on Facebook. I have not looked for one for this cruise yet. Anyone else??

BTW, I absolutely LOVE the logo!! Kudos to the artiste!! :artist:

Vada

Hi everyone! So glad to see there will be at least a few DISers on the same cruise as us :yay:

Our family consists of DH (32), me/DW (29 at cruise time) and DD (3). I have done two Eastern Caribbean cruises on the Magic, with my parents and siblings, back when I was 17 and 18.... DH has never really cruised, and DD's last time on a cruise ship was at 14 months (NCL Hawaiian 7 day, with my parents).

We're very excited about our first cruise as a family - DD asks to look at pictures of the Wonder every day (mostly trip reports here on the DIS), and it's been really hard explaining to her that we won't cruise until just before Christmas :rotfl2:

I would be happy to answer any DL questions - we were just there in January, and again in May for DD's birthday. Stayed at PP the first time, DLH the second.

We live in Silicon Valley, so will be driving down to LA. We will probably head down a day or two early to do some sightseeing in LA itself - I can't really convince DH to do another day at DL/DCA, especially since it's a weekend. Beware the weekend crowds!

We're really looking forward to the trip, and to meeting you all!

:beach: Count us in! We are Vada and Jerry from Highland, CA. This will be our 48th cruise, but only our 2nd with DCL! Yep, we do love to cruise!!
Last April, for my birthday, we did the MR on the Wonder and had such a great time that we're going to do it again this December for Jerry's birthday!
Our April cruise had a very lively group thread on Facebook. I have not looked for one for this cruise yet. Anyone else??

BTW, I absolutely LOVE the logo!! Kudos to the artiste!! :artist:

Vada

Hi everyone! So glad to see there will be at least a few DISers on the same cruise as us :yay:

Our family consists of DH (32), me/DW (29 at cruise time) and DD (3). I have done two Eastern Caribbean cruises on the Magic, with my parents and siblings, back when I was 17 and 18.... DH has never really cruised, and DD's last time on a cruise ship was at 14 months (NCL Hawaiian 7 day, with my parents).

We're very excited about our first cruise as a family - DD asks to look at pictures of the Wonder every day (mostly trip reports here on the DIS), and it's been really hard explaining to her that we won't cruise until just before Christmas :rotfl2:

I would be happy to answer any DL questions - we were just there in January, and again in May for DD's birthday. Stayed at PP the first time, DLH the second.

We live in Silicon Valley, so will be driving down to LA. We will probably head down a day or two early to do some sightseeing in LA itself - I can't really convince DH to do another day at DL/DCA, especially since it's a weekend. Beware the weekend crowds!

We're really looking forward to the trip, and to meeting you all!

We're really looking forward to the trip, and to meeting you all![/QUOTE]

Yeah more people!!! :grouphug: I'm Erica from South Dakota, with my Fiancé Adam. This will be our first disney cruise :cheer2:.

Our group is a bit quiet, I think it is from the depression of not many active members. So hopefully things will pick-up on here. I will not lie I myself have not been active with new job and wedding planning. We do have a FE group going as well if you would like to participate just PM "ravensilverlight"

Speaking of which how is the magnet coming? Do you have artwork ready for sharing yet?

Per my trip DF and I might be switching to DGC if we we sign up for DVC I am still in planning stages but who knows. With my luck we will sign up but then there will be no availability at the resort anyways

Erica said
Per my trip DF and I might be switching to DGC if we we sign up for DVC I am still in planning stages but who knows.
Sorry, but you lost me. I'm not up to date on what all the initials stand for. :confused3

We just made final payment on our October cruise. We are sailing with DD and her husband on Princess r/t LA for 7-days. Our ports are San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Catalina Island, San Diego and Ensenada, MX. The 4 of us did this same itinerary last October for DD's birthday. Even though we all have been to these places several times, it's wonderful visiting them again on a cruise ship!

Vada :thumbsup2

Erica said Sorry, but you lost me. I'm not up to date on what all the initials stand for. :confused3

We just made final payment on our October cruise. We are sailing with DD and her husband on Princess r/t LA for 7-days. Our ports are San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Catalina Island, San Diego and Ensenada, MX. The 4 of us did this same itinerary last October for DD's birthday. Even though we all have been to these places several times, it's wonderful visiting them again on a cruise ship!

We were debating the DCL California Coastal cruise, with many of the same ports (LA/SF/SD/Ensenada). However, decided to go for the MR instead, since the two days in San Francisco don't make much sense for us - it's only an hour's drive from our house, and we visit the city on a fairly regular basis. Beautiful city, though! Just make sure you pack a sweater :rotfl2:

Personally, I would love for DCL to sail from San Francisco... maybe once piers have been expanded for the America's Cup yacht race. A girl can dream, right?

Erica said Sorry, but you lost me. I'm not up to date on what all the initials stand for. :confused3

Sorry about that..

DF (Disney Fiance)
DGC (Disney's Grand Californian)
DVC ()Disney Vacation Club)

Right now Adam and I are staying at the Best Western Plus, but since it is our honeymoon I can not stop thinking about DGC. I need romance peeps. We always go budget and I want to pull out all the strings on this trip. I think I need to win the lottery.

The Pacific Coast trip sounds like a blast I LOVE Pixar for one, and second I lived in Santa Barbara for 3 years and miss it terrible. If you have any questions about what do do just ask :idea:

I'm glad to see we have a few more faces popping up here, I'm continuing to get more and more excited about this trip.... Just made the final payment on the disneyland part today and just have one more payment on the cruise and everything will be paid off. Well except for all the swag purchased on the trip but that is another story. Looking forward to meeting all of you and enjoying this wonderful vacation.

Justin

Right now Adam and I are staying at the Best Western Plus, but since it is our honeymoon I can not stop thinking about DGC. I need romance peeps. We always go budget and I want to pull out all the strings on this trip. I think I need to win the lottery.

Have you looked into the DLH for your honeymoon? We were there in May and the rooms were beautiful. The grounds have plenty of romantic quiet spots - especially the outdoor fireplace and the patio area around the Tiki Bar. I loved the look of the GCH, but DLH may be my favorite... They are actually a fair bit cheaper than DGC, usually. Or maybe you could swing one night at the DGC, for the romance of it? Although you likely won't be in the room much, even on your honeymoon :)

Have you looked into the DLH for your honeymoon? We were there in May and the rooms were beautiful. The grounds have plenty of romantic quiet spots - especially the outdoor fireplace and the patio area around the Tiki Bar. I loved the look of the GCH, but DLH may be my favorite... They are actually a fair bit cheaper than DGC, usually. Or maybe you could swing one night at the DGC, for the romance of it? Although you likely won't be in the room much, even on your honeymoon :)

Yeah I looked at DLH as well, but sadly can't swing the money. Sadly looks like DVC is out as well. I crunched numbers wrong and now it looks as though it will cost us way more money to own a bit of the mouse. Though I still want to buy in. If anything just as a way to guarantee I can keep going back LOL

I assume that at least a few of you are overplanners, like me, and are busy researching the shore excursions at this time. Which excursions are you likely to be on?

I'm having a hard time finding excursions that will work for our whole family (DD3 included) that won't also break the bank... I guess the main problem I'm having is that I feel a beach excursion is too expensive for what it is, but the town-based excursions seem rushed (and probably a bit boring for DD).

I would probably be fine just wandering around the port from the ship, and then going back for lunch, but DH will likely want to do something. It's too bad there aren't more historical-sites type options - we tend to like those, and DD will generally tolerate them. But I don't feel comfortable taking off on our own too far, especially since we aren't familiar with the area at all.

So, what are your port day plans?

Yeah I looked at DLH as well, but sadly can't swing the money. Sadly looks like DVC is out as well. I crunched numbers wrong and now it looks as though it will cost us way more money to own a bit of the mouse. Though I still want to buy in. If anything just as a way to guarantee I can keep going back LOL

The DLR hotels are far too expensive, IMO. I love staying onsite (although that's a totally different concept at DLR than at WDW), and I love the theming, but the prices are insane...

We spent our honeymoon at POFQ at WDW, in a room with two queens (the kings had been given out earlier in the day). Not very romantic, and a bit disappointing, as this was also before their big refurbishment. But after a super long travel day (coming from Europe on a flight that had been delayed 4 hours), arriving at 11 pm, we weren't in the mood to make any last-minute changes. We ended up not being in the room all that much, so it was okay.

On a slightly different note: make sure you get FPs for World of Color. It is totally worth it! We didn't do any kind of package, but just got FPs, and still had a great view (blue, I think). Also, the little Minnie's Fly Girls show (if they're still doing it) is super cute - think Disney meets Pan Am meets Mad Men meets Sinatra :)

You can get ideas of what to do in the ports from CruiseCritic.com - Boards - Ports, and from TripAdvisor.com. Both have lots of information plus reviews by "real" people.

It seems like many folks go to a nice hotel in the area and use their beach and facilities for the day. Those two websites will explain that too.

We have been on this itinerary so many times, that we may just take over the ship while everyone is gone. LOL! pirate:

Vada

Well, I'm sneaking back into the discussion...glad we've had a little action in my absence!!! Things got really crazy around here this summer, but seem to be "fall"-ing off a little :rolleyes2 (sorry for the bad pun!)

Welcome to the newcomers to our little cruise group! If anyone wants to be part of the FE, please send me a PM with your info (stateroom #, and who's who...also please include if there are any special situations, like allergies!).

We're only 100 days out now...who's getting excited? I know I am!!! :woohoo:

Well, I'm sneaking back into the discussion...glad we've had a little action in my absence!!! Things got really crazy around here this summer, but seem to be "fall"-ing off a little :rolleyes2 (sorry for the bad pun!)

Welcome to the newcomers to our little cruise group! If anyone wants to be part of the FE, please send me a PM with your info (stateroom #, and who's who...also please include if there are any special situations, like allergies!).

We're only 100 days out now...who's getting excited? I know I am!!! :woohoo:

I know I am :hyper:

I too will have much more to offer in a few weeks. I get married tomorrow :bride: and then head to Estas Park, CO for our Mini-moon :woohoo:

Upon my return, with myself feeling worthless since I will have no more wedding planning left, I shall switch to Honeymoon perfecting mode and will be a much more active member here :surfweb:

I know I am :hyper:

I too will have much more to offer in a few weeks. I get married tomorrow :bride: and then head to Estas Park, CO for our Mini-moon :woohoo:

Upon my return, with myself feeling worthless since I will have no more wedding planning left, I shall switch to Honeymoon perfecting mode and will be a much more active member here :surfweb:

:cheer2: Congratulations!!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter