December 11, 2004 Eastern cruise thread

Dizney-Cruiser,

Thanks for the Pixie Dust. We need it.

Are you going on this cruise with us? Also where in Jersey are ya. That's where I am from.

Jen

hello thejenjens!

sadly, I will not get to go on the cruise with you,
I just got off a cruise on the wonder on 10/28 (hehehe)

Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us. My aunt and her girlfriend took the 10/24 cruise. Did you take the 10/24 or the 10/28 cruise? Confussed about the wording of getting of the cruise 10/28! Sorry. Where in Jersey are ya. We are in Burlington County.

Jen

P.S. Hope docs come soon!!!!!!!

Hello Tracy,
I apologize for not getting you this info sooner. My computer is not working so I can only do this when I get to another computer. We are myself Lisa (35) and husband Rob (33), son Avery (6) and daughter Mia (3) from Whitby, Ontario, deck 2 and 1st cruise.

To Tonya2, yes my daughter is 3 and I'm really not sure about how willing she will be to go to the kids club. If she knew someone ahead of time I'm sure she would feel much more comfortable.
It's getting really cold up north here. We've had snow! Really looking forward to some tropical weather.
Lisa

Hi! 2Kidsnow

This is also our first cruise. We are on deck 5. I sent you a PM with a note from my daughter to your daughter. Thanks for your post!

Hello All,

I called Disney to check on docs and they were sent to us on 11-4..Should be arriving today if not they should be here by friday. We got deck 2.

Does anyone have experience with deck 2? Hope someone can let me know how it is.

Thanks,

Jen

YEAH! YEAH! Docs will be here this week. YEAH! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Doing the happy happy happy dance for joy.

We stayed on deck 2 twice and enjoyed it both times. It was esp. easy when we were at ports...getting off the ship can sometimes be crazy! I think you will enjoy it::yes::
Tracy

I've stayed on Deck 2 twice. Loved the location, its super easy to get on and off at port, since the gangways are located on Deck 1, you can just take the stairs, don't have to wait for an elevator. Also, supereasy to get to the dining rooms, since two are on deck 3... as well as all the evening Adult activities.

One time my room was right under wavebands, the night club, and you could hear the music a little. Nothing loud or unbearable.. but just a FYI. Some say you can hear more engine noise, but it's never anything very noticable. I'd personally would always want deck 1 or 2 if I wasn't booking a stateroom with a verandah, simply because of the location.

GUESS WHAT GUYS!!!!

I just tracked our ups package with our docs in it and they are at my house. Hurry 5pm. Got to get home to open the box.

YEAH! The Pixie Dust worked!

Jen :bounce: :Pinkbounc

FYI. The price of an inside room on our cruise just dropped to $799 according to Travelocity.

Sam

Hello All! Wanted to our introduce ourselves. :wave2: Mark (33) and Angela (29 & Counting) from KY. We'll be on-board The Disney Magic on 12/11/04 for the cruise.

I have emailed the roll call information to Tracy, but wanted to also post and say hello to everyone. This cruise will be a special surprise 30th Birthday Gift for Angela, who will celebrate her birthday with all of you on 12/13/04. The evening before our cruise, I'm throwing a surprise dinner party at Morton's Of Chicago for about 30 guests. It's during that party that the birthday girl will find out about our trip complete with birthday cake in the shape and design of The Disney Magic.

If it isn't too much trouble, or any of you feel compelled, any Happy Birthday greetings you may have for Angela, if you were to PM them to me, I will print them out and present them to her during the dinner party. She will get a major kick out of it to hear from all her soon to be cruisers, giving her a birthday note. I know everyone is busy, but thanks in advance for any trouble that you go to. She doesn't frequent this board, and the trip is a surprise, so I don't believe I'm giving away any state secrets in this post ;) I look forward to seeing and meeting you all!

Mark (33) & Angela (29) Buckles
Kentucky
Late Dinner Seating
Deck 7
First Disney Cruise - First Any Cruise (Surprise Birthday Cruise For Angela's 30th Birthday On 12/13/04)

We were married at the Yacht Club at WDW in 1998.

First Trip To WDW - 1976 (Mark)
Second Trip To WDW - 1980 (Mark)
Contemporary Resort - December 1984 (Mark)
Fourth Trip To WDW - President Regarn Inaugural Parade @ Epcot - May 1985 (Mark)
Disney Golf Village (Now Shades Of Green) - January 1986 (Mark)
Grand Floridian - July 1998 (Mark & Angela Wedding)
The Beach Club - September 1999 (Mark & Angela)
The Yacht Club - September 2000 (Mark & Angela)
Disneyland - June 2001 (Mark, Angela & Taylor)
All-Star Sports - June 2004 (Mark, Angela & Taylor)
The Disney Magic - 7 Day Eastern - December 2004 (Mark & Angela)

Mark...What a lucky wife you have! How exciting for her and for you::yes::

I'll send her a bd note via pm. What a night she will have at Morton's!!

See you soon!:sunny:
Tracy

Current list...
Tracy (43) Doug (37), Orlando, Deck 6, First dining, 6th w/DCL

Maria(39) Charlie (37), Gainesville, FL, Deck 2, 2nd dining, 3rd w/DCL

Jennifer(38) Dan (41) Eric(9) Kevin(6), Deck 2, first dining, 3rd w/DCL

Joelle(36) Matt (41) Tyler(8) Abigail(5), Deck 2, first dining, 3rd w/DCL

Lynette(30ish) Jason (34) Erin (10)David(5) Joelle(1), Sacramento, Deck 8, 2nd dining, 2 w/DCL

Michelle(39) Pete(38) Zach(12) Tyler(9) Alec(8) Donna(64) Gene(66), Ottawa, IL, Decks 7 and 8, 2nd dining, 2 w/DCL

Pam(38) Todd(40) Matt(9) Colin(6), Hartford, CT, first dining, 2w/DCL

Fran(over 21) DD Laura (39), Stuart, FL, Deck 6, First dining, 6th w/DCL

GWOLFF DW(35) DH(40) DD(14)DS(12), Akron, Deck 7, 2nd dining, 2nd w/DCL

Shelley(26) Jane(49 and holding), Orlando, Deck 7, 2nd dining, 6th w/DCL

Angela (29) Mark (33), Deck 7, 2nd dining, 1st with DCL!

Originally posted by TraSee
Mark...What a lucky wife you have! How exciting for her and for you::yes::

I'll send her a bd note via pm. What a night she will have at Morton's!!

Oh thank you so much! She will get such a big kick out of it. I must tell you that planning this gift has been so much fun. Sometime, when we have more time, I'll have to share with all you the journey that my DW has to go on leading up to her surprise party. The details are quite lengthy and I don't want to bore anyone. Let's just say that her morning starts with a wake-up call from Mickey Mouse :)

Some of her friends have chosen, in lieu of birthday "gifts" to call ahead to DCL and gift her Shipboard Credits for the Spa. Can anyone say SURIAL BATH?!!?? :teeth:

mbuckles -- you are SO sweet! I just PM'ed you.
Where in Kentucky are you? We are from Murray. My husband teaches at Murray State.

Hope you have a great party!

Now, Mark, wouldn't that be a gift for you? I guess you deserve it after all this planning, though! I will be celebrating my 40th on the 14th! I had to plan the cruise myself, but I'm the big planner of the house. Do you guys live in Chicago or Kentucky?

Originally posted by jwann
mbuckles -- you are SO sweet!
Where in Kentucky are you?

Well, I try really hard! lol - At our house, we've always tried to be sensible when it comes to Christmas and Anniversaries because when one spouse goes "over the top", you can pretty much count on every dollar you spend on the other is X2. So we long ago called a truce so that we wouldn't end up in the proverbial poorhouse. But now birthdays.. that's a whole 'nother can of kraut! Skies the limit. In fact, it turns into this fun little Cat and Mouse game (or, in this case, Mickey and Minnie.. hey, if the shoe fits) of one upsmanship. I've even got a 40th birthday trump card up my sleeve. Oh, Who am I kidding? I won't wait until 40.. it'll be 31! :)

Jenn... Just on the extremely outside chance that someone in my near geographic proximity is browsing these boards, I'll PM you our exact location. It's a small world these days! (Someone really should have written a song utilizing those lyrics) - With all my planning, I can't risk listing an exact location because my cover might be blown. Check your PM shortly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter