December 11, 2004 Eastern cruise thread

I'm still in trouble for having a bunch of folk in a van from Kentucky yell at me. My wife said something along the lines of "even when you're away from your computer - you can't get away from your computer!"

I bought her a new charm in the gift shop and she got over it. :)

I, personally, got a kick out of it and thought it was very funny.

Sam

smchan said:
PS I'm still in trouble for having a bunch of folk in a van from Kentucky yell at me. My wife said something along the lines of "even when you're away from your computer - you can't get away from your computer!"

I bought her a new charm in the gift shop and she got over it. :)

I, personally, got a kick out of it and thought it was very funny.

Sam

:jumping1:

LOL
Of course, the dh's in the van had no clue why we were yelling "SAM!" but they joined in as well. BTW, I noticed that you had an Upward Basketball bumper sticker. My boys have done UB too!!

jwann-Your photos came out great.We missed the farewell party due to seasickness,so it was great seeing some of those pictures as well as the Galley Tour we missed.Thanks for sharing them with us.

Maria

All - if I managed to take a photo of you, you should have a link from me by now thru PM. I only managed a handful a photos of DISers considering the number of total photos I took.

If you didn't receive a link from me, please PM me. If you want your photo removed from the link I sent, please let me know.

I'm working on the other photos to share soon.

Sam

SMCHAN -

Thanks so much for the great pictures. I printed the midship shot and am showing it to everyone!!!

You are a fantastic photographer!!!

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Pgood said:
Thanks so much for the great pictures. I printed the midship shot and am showing it to everyone!!!

You are a fantastic photographer!!!

Aww! I'm turning 3 shades of red right now. :o

I've selected roughly 120 of my favorite pictures and will have them posted sometime later today or tomorrow. I realized I have not so many of the ships but lots of show pictures.

Sam

Sam,
I have to get my sis jwann to tell me how to do a PM. I know of 3 pix of me you got. A couple pix while making gingerbread houses and one when we were meet/greet-ing the characters on the last night. If you have Jwann's email you could send it to her.

I'm glad we "got you in trouble" for yelling to you from my sis's van!!

Oh my gosh, we are finally home! Fifteen days later! We left WDW Wednesday at about 11 am Eastern time and we just got to Ottawa at 11:30 Central time today! Jwann, we almost visited you yesterday! It took us 8 or 9 hours to get through Kentucky. We sat for six hours not moving. Wouldn't you have been thrilled to have your new cruise friends over for Christmas? I saw the signs and told Pete we should go visit! The kids were actually amazingly good, but it was the trip from hell! I have to go now, since I have family coming in two hours for Christmas Eve!!!!!

Have a nice Christmas everyone.

DisneyFam5 said:
Jwann, we almost visited you yesterday! It took us 8 or 9 hours to get through Kentucky. We sat for six hours not moving. Wouldn't you have been thrilled to have your new cruise friends over for Christmas? I saw the signs and told Pete we should go visit!

Of course you would have been welcome! We are SNOWED IN here. I can't hardly believe it! I am so sorry that you got stuck in that horrible traffic. We heard about it on the news. I am surprised you didn't run out of gas! SOOOOO glad you are home. Have a great Christmas!

jwann said:
Check out the picture guessing game the dh's came up with from our cruise:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=702667

Mercy me. Now I'll need another cruise to chase down the answers. :)

I wish I had thought to do this; take a few macro shots of interesting details around the ship.

Sam

PS My photos are uploading now. 300 meg worth so it'll probably be tomorrow before it's done.

Great idea. I'm too tired to look much now. Tomorrow is my first day back at work! Yuck! I'm going to bed, but we will be checking them out soon. Tomorrow is my son Tyler's 10th birthday. Will the parties never end? We've had 3 birthdays, Christmas, and a major vacation. I need a bread from all this fun. Oh, and don't forget New Years!

I can't wait to look closer at the pictures. From what I saw so far, I think we were actually on different ships!

Hello Everybody!! Merry Christmas!! Happy New Year!! ....

We got back on the 22nd, after spending time at WDW after the cruise. We spent three days in the parks and had fun, but WDW was definitely much more crowded than it was the two days we spent there before the cruise. We arrived home to very cold weather (by Texas standards) but fortunately no snow or ice. When we were flying out on the 22nd, many flights that were traveling north were delayed due to snow. I'm glad all of you made it home safely!

I've quickly checked the boards a couple of times since I've been back but have been busy unpacking, getting ready for family who came for Christmas, etc. (as have all of you!). Thank you Jennifer and Sam for posting your pictures! Sam - you took some very unique pictures. What time of night were you wandering around to get all those great shots of the ship?

We really had a great cruise and it was great meeting many of you! Is anyone planning on sailing again next year? Thanks to DD, we will be cruising again sometime in 2005, probably on the Western itinerary this time.

Take Care!

RebeccaLovesDisney said:
Sam - you took some very unique pictures. What time of night were you wandering around to get all those great shots of the ship?

Most of the ship shots are from the first and last night of the cruise. Roughly 9-11 pm.

I invested $100+ in some new graduated filters for sunrises but never managed to drag my butt out of bed for them! Oh well. I'll get 'em next time.

Sam

Wow, that's great. I won $175 at the first show, but I didn't know what Pollyana won at the fair! I've never seen that movie. I wish I had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter