December 1, 2012 - Fantasy Eastern to San Juan!!!

The link posted before no longer works. I downloaded that before and uploaded it to google docs.

Ultimate cruise packing list and tips

Wow when i posted it worked! Sorry!

Also, be advised it says you can bring a swiss army knife as long as in the suitcase. We did have one in the checked bag because we thought you could bring. When our luggage was brought to the room there was a note in there from security (people that scan the luggage) telling us they were not allowed abord. We could pick it up after the cruise. This was on the Dream last year. It may be it depends on who checks it to. But we no long bring one.

Patricia - Again don't worry about fixing. Homework first right! Take care.

:surfweb:

So excited for this cruise!!! It's going to be awesome! Almost done paying for it!! We were originally books at AS sports for the night before the cruise but I just switched to art of animation!!! So excited. I don't think this vacation could get any better!!!

So excited for this cruise!!! It's going to be awesome! Almost done paying for it!! We were originally books at AS sports for the night before the cruise but I just switched to art of animation!!! So excited. I don't think this vacation could get any better!!!

I know now that it is under 3 months the excitement is here.

You will have to tell us how the art of animation is.

Mickey just called our house ;-) and DD10 was so excited that he called to welcome us onto the Fantasy later on this year :)

Mickey just called our house ;-) and DD10 was so excited that he called to welcome us onto the Fantasy later on this year :)

Cool! A call from Mickey is always a good thing.

Wow when i posted it worked! Sorry!

Also, be advised it says you can bring a swiss army knife as long as in the suitcase. We did have one in the checked bag because we thought you could bring. When our luggage was brought to the room there was a note in there from security (people that scan the luggage) telling us they were not allowed abord. We could pick it up after the cruise. This was on the Dream last year. It may be it depends on who checks it to. But we no long bring one.

Patricia - Again don't worry about fixing. Homework first right! Take care.

I updated it a bit (taking out the Swiss Army knife and a couple other things)

Mortlives said:
Online check-in complete, excursions acquired: now it's all over but the waiting. Should I book a character call for DH?

I had Goofy call DH. He looked at me and said "seriously?" I thought it was funny.

We loved Aulani. The resort is terrific. To me it's in a perfect spot. I am not a Waikiki fan so being away from downtown Honolulu was perfect for us. We spent 10 perfect days there relaxing at the resort and enjoy the different areas of Oahu. The spa is wonderful and there is so much detail in the resort and yes we are planning to return in Sept 2013. :love:

I'll second that. We put 600 miles on our rental Jeep in a week. Swam with sharks on the North Shore, drove all up the windward coast, and ate at some incredible restaurants. And we got out just in time, as the Kelli Ripa show was coming in to tape just as we were leaving.

The only downside is the available food at the resort itself. The quick-service places are uninspired, and the buffet is outrageously priced. I did see that Disney has heard our complaints and is adding two more dining facilities to the resort. We ended up keeping a bunch of food in the room from the little ABC Store across the street.

But the next time we want to go to Oahu, we will likely stay at Aulani again. I took a walk late one night through the grounds and just sat quietly and watched the surf and listened to the music and the water. Very peaceful.

We finally got around to checking in for this cruise. Nothing like December in the Caribbean, followed by 4 days in WDW. We signed up for the Facebook group,as well.

We finally got around to checking in for this cruise. Nothing like December in the Caribbean, followed by 4 days in WDW. We signed up for the Facebook group,as well.

Welcome Bruce.

Have you made a magnet for this cruise (loved those in your link).

We (DH - Al and I - Susie) are coming on this cruise and would like to participate in the Fish Extender gift exchange. Thank you!

We (DH - Al and I - Susie) are coming on this cruise and would like to participate in the Fish Extender gift exchange. Thank you!

Susie,

If you want to join the FE, there is info on page 17 of this thread. We also have a facebook group page (which is private so you can share info that you might not put out there for the world to see), and that info is also on pg 17 I'm told. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Welcometo the the Group! Glad you could join us!

Hello! Welcome to the group. Won't be long now.:rolleyes1

Also, on page 17 is the link to join us on Facebook if you would like to join in the fun there.

See you all real soon.

I'll second that. We put 600 miles on our rental Jeep in a week. Swam with sharks on the North Shore, drove all up the windward coast, and ate at some incredible restaurants. And we got out just in time, as the Kelli Ripa show was coming in to tape just as we were leaving.

The only downside is the available food at the resort itself. The quick-service places are uninspired, and the buffet is outrageously priced. I did see that Disney has heard our complaints and is adding two more dining facilities to the resort. We ended up keeping a bunch of food in the room from the little ABC Store across the street.

But the next time we want to go to Oahu, we will likely stay at Aulani again. I took a walk late one night through the grounds and just sat quietly and watched the surf and listened to the music and the water. Very peaceful.

:thumbsup2

We ate mostly in our room also from the ABC store plus all the different eateries around town as we traveled around Oahu. We loved relaxing at the resort! I would have to say it is more relaxing at Aulani than on a cruise.

Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 12 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to feeling the breeze on deck.

Pretty proud of myself today - I remembered to watch her sail away. Generally about 5:20 it hits me. I even heard the whistle.

:thumbsup2You picked a perfect day to watch. He remembered were the horn was. This is the first time in months he has done this.:)

Hello my fellow Fantasy Cruisers! As of September 9, 2012

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.

If you sent me and e mail or PM and do not see your name please re send. I do not have it, sorry.

Also, everyone has two adults in the room except were I have it listed.
The ones that have ** in front of them have one adult in the room. The ones that have *** have 3 adults in the room and the ones that have **** have 4 adults in a room.

So far there are 21 cabins.

Please keep in mind the cut off to participate in the Fish Extender exchange is October 16, 2012. This way it gives everyone time to get there items.
If any one would like a list with room numbers and such before Dec 1st send me an e mail (girlwolf@excite.com) or PM me your e mail address and after the cut off I will send you the spreadsheet.

Time4DisneyNow & Time2Go2Disney (Monika & Michael)
Disneyelf10 (Donna & Sean)
*** Wltdsnyfan & doctex DS (Flo, Dan)(Steven)
Moranclan5 + DD17 & DS13 (Bobby & Cindy)
Dstevens & Pjstevens (Dale & Patricia)
Mickeybeast ( Chuck & Karen)
Ajstaud (Jackie & Amanda)
Hilleary & Keith + DS14, DS12 & DS9
Mrstbalt (John & Jen) + DD12 & DD11
***DreamBound23 (Shawn, Stacey & (DM Melinda) + DD9 & DD4
999GhostLover(Erin &Tom) + DD8, DS4 & DS3
Eeyore77 (Jenn & Chris)
Lkcoasterdizfan ( Leslie K. & Peggy S. )
DebbieA (Al & Debbie)
CruisingGoddess (Rebecca & Chris)
***kimkatmom(DGram-Leslye, DD Kim, DS-Trent) +DGS3, DGS1
Jen & Sharon (DMom-Jen, DGram-Sharon) + DD11
Dress & Gargoyle007 ( Debbie & Gary)
***heatherLOVESmickey & TheViking (Heather & Erik) + DM (Nancy), DS16, DD14, DS11 (2 rooms, 3 Adults & 3 children)
Glindamood (Gail & David)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter