Dec 5, 2009 -- now traveling to Tortola

There is a pretty good chance you will get early dining. On our last cruise in 2007 we were on the waiting list too. I called a few days before we were leaving to see if anything had changed, DCL told me no. When we got to our stateroom, our dining tickets showed early dining. It was great because my DD was only 4 and she would never have lasted till 8. She barely made it through early dining.

Oddly enough my original paperwork from DVC/DCL for this cruise booked in January shows late dining, waiting list for early, but my info online shows early dining.

Good luck.

Thanks! Rosemary

I couldn't find anything online on our reservation this morning so I called. We're officially in the Main seating! :banana: We just can't eat as late as the late seating is eating. So we're thrilled! :banana:

I couldn't find anything online on our reservation this morning so I called. We're officially in the Main seating! :banana: We just can't eat as late as the late seating is eating. So we're thrilled! :banana:

Great to hear! We'll see you there and throw dinner rolls at you! :yay::woohoo::hippie:

Does anyone else need to know the gender of the kids to do the FE gifts? Some are obvious, but some names can really go either way, so I am having a tough time getting FE gifts marked off of my todo list :-)

Does anyone else need to know the gender of the kids to do the FE gifts? Some are obvious, but some names can really go either way, so I am having a tough time getting FE gifts marked off of my todo list :-)

My gifts are much too generic for gender to matter:lmao: You must be very ambitious:thumbsup2 You probably already know my kids because I post about them way too often, but just in case:
Rio is a boy
Marika is a girl
:goodvibes

I really liked early dinner then we all went to the shows/movies as a family.

Here's hoping I get my wish ...:wizard:

Just curious as to if we will see any of our fellow DIS'ers at the DVC member get together on board?

Can't wait!!

Depends on when it is but we plan to go. We've gone before on past cruises and it can be fun.

We're still on the waitlist for early dining. We just cannot eat as late as the 2nd seating and I've still got fingers crossed that we get it.

I wouldn't mind at all sitting with other Dis'ers for dinner!
Us, too! We already have early dinng but would love to sit with other Dis'ers. I did this once before when friends of ours signed up for the cruise in Sept for the Dec cruise. We had to go through our TAs to ask that our reservations be linked somehow to assign us to the same table for dining. I don't remember for sure but I think we had their reservation number to do that, too.

Call DCL (or your TA). Evidently they have assigned everyone already. I was told this morning that if you are waitlisted and have a kid you are definately 1st seating. If you are just adults you probably didn't get it (unless they still had some room). Now, take it for what it's worth - but that's what they told me.

My gifts are much too generic for gender to matter:lmao: You must be very ambitious:thumbsup2 You probably already know my kids because I post about them way too often, but just in case:
Rio is a boy
Marika is a girl
:goodvibes

I too need genders for the FE!! Not sure on a few of the names!

On our EDC Cruise last year {Election Day Castaways 1 Nov 08} we met on Sat @ 3 pm in the Promenade Lounge. It was before the mandatory lifeboat drill. We double checked everyone's cabin # as a few had changed for the FE! We also took a pix which was a wonderful memory for the family & I.

It was great getting to meet folks who we (DH & I) had been talking to for months & months. Throughout the week we were able to see our fellow Dis friends. I met quite a few of them while I was up around 5 am getting my 1st mug of tea for the day.

I would be interested in having Breakfast at Lumieres on Sunday morning. I guess we would have to pick a time and we could let everyone know at the Sat. 3 pm meet in the Promenage Lounge. I'd be willing to print slips to remind everyone what deck Lumieres is on, the time and what to tell the servers so we can all be seated near each other. I'd even be willing to get some LIME GREEN paper to print it on :thumbsup2

wuv tigger

This is what I was remembering... did we agree to meet on Saturday aftenoon before the lifeboat drill? I was thinking that's when we'd get our lanyards if we weren't to the terminal in time to pick them up. Also, do we have a group time for breakfast on Sunday?

Congrats to those that got early dining from the wait list!

In terms of my kids gender--both Keegan (12) and Brennan (8) are boys.

Sounds good to me:thumbsup2. If we meet in the Promenade lounge (say on the opposite side from the internet stations--to make it easier to find the group) anyone not yet wearing lanyards can pick them up then also.

3 pm?

This is what I was remembering... did we agree to meet on Saturday aftenoon before the lifeboat drill? I was thinking that's when we'd get our lanyards if we weren't to the terminal in time to pick them up. Also, do we have a group time for breakfast on Sunday?

I believe (now Hadley's sleeping again so I can't be sure and she can correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe that those not receiving their lanyards at the port, that 3:00PM in the Promenade Lounge sounded familiar.

As for breakfast at Lumieres, that's at 9:00AM. (Ok 9:30AM for those that really really want that extra 20min of sleep:rolleyes1) We can't have it much later as we'll be missing out on all the rest of the fun on the ship!:dance3:

I believe (now Hadley's sleeping again so I can't be sure and she can correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe that those not receiving their lanyards at the port, that 3:00PM in the Promenade Lounge sounded familiar.

As for breakfast at Lumieres, that's at 9:00AM. (Ok 9:30AM for those that really really want that extra 20min of sleep:rolleyes1) We can't have it much later as we'll be missing out on all the rest of the fun on the ship!:dance3:

Some of us will just be stopping by to say hi and not eating breakfast - Brunch at Palo is calling our names!!!!!!:rotfl2:

One good thing if you stuck with the late dinner.... you get a little more time on the last day to have breakfast before you get off the ship

Mine are probably obvious both boys (George and Sean), but thought I would let you know just in case. We are still working on ours... seemed like we had ages and ages to get it together and now time seems to be running out! Yea!

One good thing if you stuck with the late dinner.... you get a little more time on the last day to have breakfast before you get off the ship

For us, we need to get off as quickly as possible. I know that sounds weird - but we are heading to Epcot for the D23 Magic and Merriment event. Which reminds me - I need to get our transportation from the port to AKL settled soon. One more thing on the list of things to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter