Dec 5, 2009 -- now traveling to Tortola

My boys had their first basketball game today at 8:00 :scared1: (I am not a morning person especially on a Saturday) it was such a good game, the score was 20 20 so we went into a 2:00 overtime and lost by 2pts...... I just could not believe how good these 1st graders were at playing and we have only had 2 practices.

I know how you feel. Erik (8) had his first regular season hockey game today. Previous to this, there was a game of 7-year olds playing and it was amazing to see the changes in skill levels after just one year! (Erik's team won 3-1:banana:) Fortunately, his game was at 12:15PM and this time we only had to literally walk across the street from our house to get to the arena. 7:45AM practice before church tomorrow at the other side of town though :eek:

We'll try and be at the DVC members meeting too. We went to one on our 3 day cruise in August and won a DVC airplane blanket. We were happy as it was the first time we ever won anything out of about 6 meetings we've gone to on DCL. That meeting was 2:30PM on our sail away day, but that was a 3 day cruise. I think I saw on past Eastern DCL navigators it was on Sundays. Of course that is subject to change though.

We just finished up football season this past week for both Keegan and Brennan. Brennan's team had to be at their playoff game last Saturday by 7AM and it was an hour away. I was glad were were in Florida and sleeping in at Bay Lake Towers! Brennan will be starting his 5th season of wrestling next week. He'll practice 2-3 days a week for 3 hours each plus matches on Saturdays and some Sundays. Matches start at 7 AM and can last to 5:30 PM. I really don't care to be in gyms all day but he loves it. Keegan was going to do basketball but will probably play in a winter baseball league that starts in January.

My boys had their first basketball game today at 8:00 :scared1: (I am not a morning person especially on a Saturday) it was such a good game, the score was 20 20 so we went into a 2:00 overtime and lost by 2pts...... I just could not believe how good these 1st graders were at playing and we have only had 2 practices.

Tha sounds like fun--good for the boys.

Fluvanna and I will be at the port early Saturday morning (by 11am) until boarding starts. We will be the people holding a bunch of black lanyards. Anyone who knows the port layout have a suggestion on a place for us to stand to help you all find us? :confused3

--Amy

You enter the terminal by going up an escalator. To your left are the check in counters and to your right are several sitting areas with TVS. Straight ahead, across the long room slanted on the left hand side in a mickey head shaped entrance to the ship. On the right is a small snak counter and the kids' clubs check in table. In the area immediately past the mickey entrance and check in area , and all the way to the "back" of the terminal is another small saeting area, with no TVs and usually a few tables (and windows beind from which you can see the ship). We usually hang out there to hand out lanyards because it is the easiest area to describe and a realtivly small area in which to look for someone:thumbsup2

aloha,
We'll be there too. Cruise is coming up so quickly.
Will there be a list of rooms of people who are participating in the FE exchange?

aloha,
hawaiian mickey

Stefani sent the final list out yesterday. I hate to say this, but you are not on it:confused3 Did yo uever PM her that you wanted to be in on the Fish Extenders? I know she posted several tiems for people to do so.

I know how you feel. Erik (8) had his first regular season hockey game today. Previous to this, there was a game of 7-year olds playing and it was amazing to see the changes in skill levels after just one year! (Erik's team won 3-1:banana:) Fortunately, his game was at 12:15PM and this time we only had to literally walk across the street from our house to get to the arena. 7:45AM practice before church tomorrow at the other side of town though :eek:

Congrats to Erik :cheer2:(who, by the way, spells his name just like my best friend does:goodvibes).

We finished out Christmas shopping today:woohoo: Got one last thing for the kids (they get one thing each from us plus one thing each and stockings from Santa AND their birthdays are CHristmas week so that is another item from us:rolleyes1) and ended up with wine (or in the case of a couple who do not drink the best grape juice and grape jelly on earth) all boxed in pretty boxes from the winrery that the German side of the family has been buying wine from for over 30 years:upsidedow It was the BEST Christmas shopping experience I ahve ever had. The ysat us down with wine and fresh bread and we sat there sipping and eating and talking pleasantly for about a half hour and then they came out with our packages all made up and ready to go for us:cool1:

I just called and found out what movies will be playing on our cruise:
The Princess and the Frog (PremEARing on 12/11)
Old Dogs
A Christmas Carol
Bolt
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Race to Witch Mountain
Hannah Montana
Earth
Up (in 3D)
The Proposal
G-Force (in 3D)
Surrogates
Toy Story I and II (in 3D)

She said there may be some updates but she was pretty certain those would all be playing!

I am working on those right now, just trying to figure out how to turn that template around since they need to be portrait not landscape. I have the names of the wuv tigger DD's and my boys names so I think we are all set.

ETA I need princess 369 DH's name...then we are all set :)

Husband's name is Don. :goodvibes And we are early seating
Thanks for all the work you are putting into this.

hugs Christine

Has anyone thought about asking Disney to put us in the same general area in the dining room? :confused3 I think it would be nice to get to say hi to the rest of you at meal times.

A rotaton of Parrot Cay/ Lumiere's/ Animator's Palate would put us in Lumiere's for formal and semi-formal night and Parrot Cay for Pirate night. ;)Has anyone requested this for us?

Old Dogs
A Christmas Carol
Bolt
Race to Witch Mountain
Hannah Montana
Earth
Up (in 3D)
The Proposal
G-Force (in 3D)
Surrogates

She said there may be some updates but she was pretty certain those would all be playing

The movies in BOLD are the ones that I will be seeing.

We were planning on seeing the A Christmas Carol but don't need to now :cool1:

Hopefully the dd's will want to see them too!

wuv tigger

Has anyone thought about asking Disney to put us in the same general area in the dining room? :confused3 I think it would be nice to get to say hi to the rest of you at meal times.

A rotaton of Parrot Cay/ Lumiere's/ Animator's Palate would put us in Lumiere's for formal and semi-formal night and Parrot Cay for Pirate night. ;)Has anyone requested this for us?

I don't think we have much of a say, but it would be best to ask the seasoned vets. It may be difficult as we're already split between early and late dining...

Old Dogs
A Christmas Carol
Bolt
Race to Witch Mountain
Hannah Montana
Earth
Up (in 3D)
The Proposal
G-Force (in 3D)
Surrogates

She said there may be some updates but she was pretty certain those would all be playing!

That is AWESOME!!!!! I figured that Christmas Carol would be on so we're holding off on that until the cruise. We've never seen G-Force yet either and DD(6) can't wait already to see Hanna Montana.

The movies in BOLD are the ones that I will be seeing.

We were planning on seeing the A Christmas Carol but don't need to now :cool1:

Hopefully the dd's will want to see them too!

wuv tigger

Those are the ones we are planning on seeing! We may add Old Dogs. Don't think DS would like it but I think DD, DH and I may. We can try to catch it if DS enjoys the kids club. As far as the Princess and the Frog, we plan on catching it at 12:01 Friday. Afterward, we'll get a little sleep before our big day on Castaway Cay!!!

We're still on the waitlist for early dining. We just cannot eat as late as the 2nd seating and I've still got fingers crossed that we get it.

I wouldn't mind at all sitting with other Dis'ers for dinner!

Old Dogs
A Christmas Carol
Bolt
Race to Witch Mountain
Hannah Montana
Earth
Up (in 3D)
The Proposal
G-Force (in 3D)
Surrogates

We saw G-Force this week :( and Christmas Carol yesterday - but I'm willing to see both again! I'm excited for The Proposal and Old Dogs! I'll be hanging out at the movie theatre during the cruise it seems like!

It is hard to believe it is less than a month until our cruise!! When I orginally it booked this cruise my friends thought I was crazy booking so far out. It has been 20 months on anticipation! I am looking forward to meeting all of you. We have our Palos brunch on Sunday morning. I will try to stop down at the gathering Sunday morning.
Christina I am so happy you received good news on your followup!! Waiting for answers is never easy.
Catrina is looking forward to meeting friends in the Lab. Seems like we have quite a few 9 year old girls on this cruise. Christian is ready to hang with the guys in Ocean Quest and maybe playing some dodgeball on the sports deck. This should be an awesome time for all of us!!

We're still on the waitlist for early dining. We just cannot eat as late as the 2nd seating and I've still got fingers crossed that we get it.

I wouldn't mind at all sitting with other Dis'ers for dinner!

There is a pretty good chance you will get early dining. On our last cruise in 2007 we were on the waiting list too. I called a few days before we were leaving to see if anything had changed, DCL told me no. When we got to our stateroom, our dining tickets showed early dining. It was great because my DD was only 4 and she would never have lasted till 8. She barely made it through early dining.

Oddly enough my original paperwork from DVC/DCL for this cruise booked in January shows late dining, waiting list for early, but my info online shows early dining.

Good luck.

Thanks! Rosemary

Thanks Carmie for checking on those movies...Princess and The Frog, Old Dogs, A Christmas Carol (again) and The Proposal are calling my name...:yay:

For those of you with young kids wanting to see a Christmas Carol, Brennan and I saw it tonight and it was a bit scary in parts. He's 8 and got spooked a couple of times. Another one of my friends was in there and she thought the same thing about it being scary at times. She said her neighbor's 4 year old was begging to leave. Overall I thought it was an okay movie. I thought it would be a bit funnier than what it was but I'm glad to have seen it.

Carmie 3377-Thanks for posting the list of the onboard movies. There are a few we have not seen that I'd like to go see if we get the chance.

Carmie, thanks for posting the movies:thumbsup2 We haven't seen any of those. Up was only recently released in Germany (some things we get same day--others we get much later:confused3) and no one was showing it in English (our German is getting better and better but we still cannot follow an entire movie--fine for the price of a DVD rental, but not for the price of theatre tickets;)). We'll have to tro to make it to a few (in 6 cruises I have only managed to see two movies so we will see how that works:lmao:).

It is a nice idea. We tried it with a group of DIS friends on our last cruise. We called and were very clear that we were only asking to be in the same rotation. I guess their computer has no option for tha so it completely linkied us all. It got terribly confusing with some people booking excursions and We ended up at two huge tables for 18! We asked to PLEASE, pretty please be seperated becuase tables that big are just impossible to have a conersation at. They broke us into two 6 tops and 2 twelve tops. Our family was still stuck at a 12 top which was a bit much for me:upsidedow

The kids pretty much know the story.

I may check the book out of the library to read it to them before we go.

We have seen Bolt in 3D along with TS1 & TS2 in 3D. BOTH were GREAT!

wuv tigger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter