Dec.29th 2013 4 nights on the DREAM

We are also GTY, it was either inside stateroom or GTY and we decided to take our chances....

So here's to finding out soon where we will be!!!:banana:

:thumbsup2 I saw the FB page, and read that you may be closing the FE. Let me know what you decide. Since I am new to DCL I would need a little advice but I can take the lead on a second group if desired.

So, for those who have been before during the winter months, would you recommend taking the catamaran snorkeling excursion at CC? Or are we gonna freeze?

Stacey 45, Sarah, 13 and Matt, 11

57 days to go yay

:thumbsup2 I saw the FB page, and read that you may be closing the FE. Let me know what you decide. Since I am new to DCL I would need a little advice but I can take the lead on a second group if desired.

So, for those who have been before during the winter months, would you recommend taking the catamaran snorkeling excursion at CC? Or are we gonna freeze?

57 days to go yay

I was thinking about doing Ray's Stingray adventure, but I think the water will be too cold. Let's check the numbers on the FE. I didn't think it was full yet...

It looks like we have 18 staterooms with hanging FEs. Do we have room for two more to join or not? I realize that we decided that the cut-off would be 20 cabins or November 1st.

I also realize that some of the group might already have their gifts done at this point. If that's the case and they are finished and will want to stick with the original date of November 1st. I was one of those folks last cruise that had FEs done early. This time I don't as we just got back from WDW and I have nothing done.

We do have another family wanting in...
But I realize that we either have to stick to the Nov. 1st date, or cut it off speedy quick.

As with past July, we had folks wanting in a week prior to sailing and ended up with three groups.

So what ever we decide. I will bring extra. I hate for people in our group to go without, especially the kids. If they get a decent size group going then I won't worry about adding to the other group's FEs.
Does that make any sense?

57 days to go yay

When we went last February it was great. However, we went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I too am worried about water temps, but my kids will start swimming as soon as the ice melts in local lakes, so I am sure we will be fine. Water temp is usually 75 degrees from what I can see.

It looks like we have 18 staterooms with hanging FEs. Do we have room for two more to join or not? I realize that we decided that the cut-off would be 20 cabins or November 1st.

I also realize that some of the group might already have their gifts done at this point. If that's the case and they are finished and will want to stick with the original date of November 1st. I was one of those folks last cruise that had FEs done early. This time I don't as we just got back from WDW and I have nothing done.

But I realize that we either have to stick to the Nov. 1st date, or cut it off speedy quick.

As with past July, we had folks wanting in a week prior to sailing and ended up with three groups.

So what ever we decide. I will bring extra. I hate for people in our group to go without, especially the kids. If they get a decent size group going then I won't worry about adding to the other group's FEs.
I wouldn't mind adding another cabin. I know it would be easier on our family to cut it off soon. I agree though that if another group starts and it isn't big people that can might bring more. I will be making a few extras of everything. It is more the packing that is worrying me.

I am fine with one or two more and, then, start a new group. My gifts are all handmade for each member of the family, and many more (especially closer to the date) will be difficult for me. That's my two cents:)

I received my room assignment too, so at this point we're only waiting for Pengwend & Co.'s rooms.

I'm ok with adding one more as I currently have extra FE gifts.

57 days to go yay

Stacy, it looks like we are taking one more family into the FE. So welcome to the group! We now have a total of 19 cabins. If you would like to have more information, just ask...

No problem adding an extra cabin or two here.

I will plan on having enough cabin gifts for 20 cabins and bringing extra gifts for the kids in case we need them. Typically we give one gift per cabin (adult) and something for each of the children.:beach:

I updated the spreadsheet early this am with our cabin info - let me know if there are any problems. ;) Getting to work on my FE's for everyone... Thanks for the clarification on how many and who for - I needed that info.

If we end up gaining more who want to and can get another group together, I'll volunteer to organize another one.

Really looking forward to this adventure!
Stacey

Hi Everyone,

I saw the question posted…"does anyone know what weather to expect?".

But I didn't see an answer.

Has anyone cruised at this time before? Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I saw the question posted…"does anyone know what weather to expect?".

But I didn't see an answer.

Has anyone cruised at this time before? Thanks.

I have read some trip reports and looked at average water temps for that time of year.

This is what i've gathered.
Chances are that at Sail Away it isn't going to be very warm.
When we get down into the Caribbean it might be better out on the decks.
Water temps on our beach day to me are going to be too cold to swim. (low 70's) air temps (80's) I know, I'm a wimp, but I like my water tepid. :laughing: We will more than likely go down to the beach and enjoy it but not get in.

I'll save the swimming to the July cruise!

Is it too late to join FE group still? If so, how? Sorry first time cruise. Heard about these & collecting items all year but didn't know how to join group. Can I still join?

Let the countdown begin! Looking forward to meeting everyone. DW and I are brainstorming some FE ideas. So, although it's a shorter cruise, who's booking Palo, Remy, spa treatments, etc.? We will be staying on the ship in Nassau to explore as much as possible. At least one meal in Palo. And possibly a cabana on CC. What are you looking forward to? Again, if anyone has children between the ages of 9 and 5, I would love to introduce my daughters to a pen pal. :beach:
my daughter is 6 & would love some new pen pals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter