Dec. 2013 Galveston Sailing Changed

PrincessShanShan

Mouseketeer
We were booked on the Dec. 28, 2013 seven night out of Galveston and just received this email from my TA:

Thank you for selecting a Disney Cruise Line® vacation aboard the Disney Wonder® for your clients.

To provide Guests sailing from Galveston with a combination of shorter and longer sailing options in 2013, we are modifying the itineraries of the December 21, 2013, and December 28, 2013 sailings. Instead of two 7-night voyages, we will now have one 6-night voyage and two 4-night cruises.

Your client's sailing is one of those being modified and we wanted to reach out to you to assist in making the necessary adjustments to their sail date.

As one of the available options, we are now offering 7-night Bahamian cruises from Galveston featuring calls at our private island, Disney's Castaway Cay, Key West and Nassau, Bahamas. In addition, we offer 7-night Western Caribbean sailings visiting Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Mexico and Falmouth, Jamaica. Feel free to also visit our website at www.disneycruise.com to view available sail dates and itineraries.

Information about the 6-night Western Caribbean sailing that departs on December 21, 2013, from Galveston and the two 4-night sailings that depart on December 27, 2013 and December 31, 2013, will be available on our website on Friday, November 16, 2012.

Please contact us by Friday, November 9, 2012, at 1-866-325-3905 to learn about all the available options and to modify your client's booking. We are confident that we have a variety of sailings to meet their needs and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Now I don't know what to do! We really wanted a 7night western! I have no desire to go to the Bahama's and I really wanted something longer than 4nights! The date of the 6 night does not work for us!! This SUCKS!!

We are booked on the 11/23/13 Caribbean out of Galveston. We got an email they it had been switched to the Bahamas. I'm disappointed because we've cruised to the Bahamas 3 times already and really wanted the catibbean itinerary. It isn't worth this much money to cruise to the Bahamas. We were on the fence anyway because of the cost (we are traveling with a huge group of family) but this has pretty much made our decision.

Yes, our Western Caribbean was changed to a Bahamian cruise. I'm still mulling it over, but I think I'm good with it. I really chose the cruise because of the dates rather than because of the destination. Well, I did want warmth...but other than that, it was because of the dates.

Yes, our Western Caribbean was changed to a Bahamian cruise. I'm still mulling it over, but I think I'm good with it. I really chose the cruise because of the dates rather than because of the destination. Well, I did want warmth...but other than that, it was because of the dates.

Just changed ours....no interest in the "Bahamian" itinerary :sad:

Can you switch to sailing out of PC? There is a 7 night Eastern Caribbean sailing from there on the 28th.

If your dates are very flexible, they've got 7 night westerns out of Galveston right now through Christmas.
So sorry, this seems super frustrating.

I can't go this year. We already have a trip planned to the mountains for this Christmas. I chose this specific cruise because DH has never been to Cozumel. I didn't really care because I've been to all the ports on both the eastern and western. And, I'm limited to when I can go because I'm a teacher. I can't switch to another date. I guess it is what it is. Right now we are thinking of just keeping the 4 night. It's not what we wanted, but we do get the western itinerary and it fits with the time frame we need.

I'm very curious to see the price of the 4 night cruise on the 27th. It's technically not a"holiday" cruise. I'm a teacher as well and can't afford the holiday pricing usually. I think that they are trying to make it more affordable so they can fill the boat for the holidays. I don't think the december 2013 7 night cruises were selling very well.

Sigh.

We were so excited to be able to drive from Galveston after flying to Orlando (this was to be our 11th Disney cruise.) We were sailing with three other Dallas-area families, and two other platinum DCL families from CA and WV for that Thanksgiving week. The news yesterday just changed EVERYTHING. No one in any of these families wants to do this itinerary. (We were looking forward to our favorite beaches in Cozumel and Costa Maya.) Bottom line, for all of us, they canceled two ports, and none of us wants to pay for a week-long cruise in which the only decent port is Castaway Cay. (No desire to do Key West or Nassau. Been there, done that.) What gets me..when DCL moved the Wonder to CA and Alaska, it was just ACCEPTED that Castaway Cay was a no-go. Couldn't do it. Why, oh WHY didn't they leave the Galveston itineraries alone then?:mad: I've thought of rebooking when the 2014 itineraries are posted, but then, I can't trust they won't _____ everyone over again.

NoodlesMom said:
I'm very curious to see the price of the 4 night cruise on the 27th. It's technically not a"holiday" cruise. I'm a teacher as well and can't afford the holiday pricing usually. I think that they are trying to make it more affordable so they can fill the boat for the holidays. I don't think the december 2013 7 night cruises were selling very well.

Me too! Might have to book that cruise ;)

Sigh.

We were so excited to be able to drive from Galveston after flying to Orlando (this was to be our 11th Disney cruise.) We were sailing with three other Dallas-area families, and two other platinum DCL families from CA and WV for that Thanksgiving week. The news yesterday just changed EVERYTHING. No one in any of these families wants to do this itinerary. (We were looking forward to our favorite beaches in Cozumel and Costa Maya.) Bottom line, for all of us, they canceled two ports, and none of us wants to pay for a week-long cruise in which the only decent port is Castaway Cay. (No desire to do Key West or Nassau. Been there, done that.) What gets me..when DCL moved the Wonder to CA and Alaska, it was just ACCEPTED that Castaway Cay was a no-go. Couldn't do it. Why, oh WHY didn't they leave the Galveston itineraries alone then?:mad: I've thought of rebooking when the 2014 itineraries are posted, but then, I can't trust they won't _____ everyone over again.

The problem is people wanted castaway.....for many going on a bahamas/carribbean cruise on Disney means castaway so they are responding to the mass of people that complained. Unfortunately there is no way to make anyone happy. Plus the cruises weren't selling well so of course disney wants to do something, besides deep discounts, to get the ships full.

I am surprised Disney has not continued with the changes made this year. 8 night Bahamas with a stop in WDW (no Nassau) and 6 night Westerns. We booked the 8 night just for Castaway and WDW. I agree that a 7 night with just Key West Nassau and CC would be a no go for me. Only one good stop in that itinerary.

jlwhitney said:
The problem is people wanted castaway.....for many going on a bahamas/carribbean cruise on Disney means castaway so they are responding to the mass of people that complained. Unfortunately there is no way to make anyone happy. Plus the cruises weren't selling well so of course disney wants to do something, besides deep discounts, to get the ships full.

I agree with this but ours changed from a Caribbean cruise to Bahamas. I dont really care to do Key West and Nassau again. I do love Castaway Cay and if it would be a double dip might have reconsidered.

It looks like we may end up doing a 3 night and 5 night BTB out of Canaveral or maybe just take this as a sign we weren't meant to go next year!! It was pricey anyway!!

Honestly I love that there are so many sea days with the new itinerary and normally I would just go with the flow but on our last Caribbean cruise we had to miss Grand Cayman because it wasn't safe to tender. We've done the Bahamas a lot so it just doesn't appeal that much.

I like the new route. Very few cruises out of Galveston go to the Bahamas, so I consider this a plus. I do think they should have made the changes on future cruises, not on existing cruises, and I hope they let those of your with existing reservations at any level move it to another cruise of your choice.

I will say, I'm not a huge fan of Key West and wish it was one of those days you could do WDW from Port Canaveral instead, but other than that, the new route is very appealing.

I'm anxious to see these as well. Do we know when they'll release them for us to see/book? I'm thinking we might do this one since I'm a teacher and don't typically take myself or my daughter out of school!

I was on the cruise that was broken into two four day cruises-they said that they won't be able to give me the prices until 11/15 and then they will release the rates to the general public on 11/16...

I also heard that the first fast that you can book the four night cruise is November 16th.

I have cruised to the Bahamas over Christmas and it was not warm. We missed the private island (Rccl) and Nassau was cool. I would be afraid that weather in the Bahamas may not be warm like it is in the Caribbean. So sorry for those of you who had their plans changed'

I was on the cruise that was broken into two four day cruises-they said that they won't be able to give me the prices until 11/15 and then they will release the rates to the general public on 11/16...

Wow! You'd think they'd at least give those that have already booked for those dates prices and get you settled into new cruises....

Oh well, I've already emailed my TA and asked for quotes for all 3 cruises during the Christmas school break. Depending on prices, I'm thinking we might do the 4 nights back to back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter