Debating if HS is worth it for 3 year old

mrsp1030

DIS Veteran
taking my youngest DS on a trip just for him. Was able to score a Minnie's Holiday and Dine and now debating if it's worth it. We haven't booked flights but right now my days were
Friday:fly in
Sat: AK day
sunday: MK day
Monday: HS
Tuesday: half day MK as flight jn evening.

Any opinions. Wondering if I should skip it and add in MK on Monday instead.

At that age my oldest would have preferred Epcot but my youngest claimed DS to be his favorite park. He was a huge fan of all things Star Wars by age 4 so that was big. He also liked Play House Disney, and some of the shows. He loved and we all love fantasmic so that park is a must for us. I would do a split day between Epcot and DS and end with Fantasmic.

My daughter is 2 1/2, at HS she only like the Disney jr show, and it's just ok. She would much rather be at Epcot, we spend the day there a lot! It has always been my son's favorite park too since he was little. They LOVE the nemo ride, aquarium, spaceship Earth, land boat ride, Mexico Donald Duck ride, figment ride.....

My daughter is 2 1/2, at HS she only like the Disney jr show, and it's just ok. She would much rather be at Epcot, we spend the day there a lot! It has always been my son's favorite park too since he was little. They LOVE the nemo ride, aquarium, spaceship Earth, land boat ride, Mexico Donald Duck ride, figment ride.....

My daughter loved the Disney Jr. show at age 1, 2 and 4. And now at age 5 she is asking when she can see it again. I personally hope to never see it again! :) I think HS is a good half day park for a little one. But right now I don't think there is much to keep their attention.

Given that you have Holiday and Dine, I assume you will be able to see the Osborne lights. For that reason, I would not skip it. If you want to skip something around the holidays, I would skip AK.

We are doing AK in the morning and HS in the afternoon/evening for Minnie's and Osborne lights.

Given that you have Holiday and Dine, I assume you will be able to see the Osborne lights. For that reason, I would not skip it. If you want to skip something around the holidays, I would skip AK.
I would never skip Animal Kingdom with a child. Some of those animals will be extinct in our lifetimes.

I would have thought HS would be fun for a 3 year old, now I'm wondering if my 2 and 4 year olds would like it. Are the Little Mermaid and Beauty and The Beast shows not appealing to that age? The Frozen Sing-A-Long? I keep teetering back and forth bc a lot of people are saying they don't think their toddlers would like HS.

We are doing HS the day we arrive as soon as we check in we are running over there. My kids are 6,3 and 18m. We are going for the firework show and of course Disney Jr lol we can't miss that

We just returned from a trip with our 3 and 1/2 year old DS and 8-month old DD. HS was a 1/2 day park for us, split with AK. He was tall enough for Tower of Terror (but only wanted to ride it once!) and Star Tours. We also did Disney Jr (of course) and Toy Story! We were a few days into our visit by then, and he wasn't interested in sitting down for Beauty & the Beast. I think he would've liked Little Mermaid but our 8-month old was getting antsy by then! He definitely preferred Epcot over HS - he LOVED Soarin' and Test Track!

I would have thought HS would be fun for a 3 year old, now I'm wondering if my 2 and 4 year olds would like it. Are the Little Mermaid and Beauty and The Beast shows not appealing to that age? The Frozen Sing-A-Long? I keep teetering back and forth bc a lot of people are saying they don't think their toddlers would like HS.

My DD liked all of those shows between the ages of 12 months and 3 (we go annually!) I would say that the park is just ok right now. If you have more than enough time, include it in your plans. Also, if you are there during the holidays, it is definitely worth it. I think the Osborne lights are the best thing at Xmas time! If you won't be there during Xmas time, I wouldn't second guess skipping it if you think it won't appeal to your kids.

My DD liked all of those shows between the ages of 12 months and 3 (we go annually!) I would say that the park is just ok right now. If you have more than enough time, include it in your plans. Also, if you are there during the holidays, it is definitely worth it. I think the Osborne lights are the best thing at Xmas time! If you won't be there during Xmas time, I wouldn't second guess skipping it if you think it won't appeal to your kids.
We'll be there the first week of December, so Osborne Lights are definitely on the itinerary. I had planned on knocking it out on arrival day bc I did hear that it's more of a half day park, but DH's coworker just got back and told him that it was their favorite park so now he's a bit more curious. I'll keep it planned for our arrival day and if we feel that we want to do more, we can go for a couple of hours on a planned rest day.

We are definitely keeping it on the agenda and using it as a day to sleep in a little more and go over later in the morning. We have a Minnies Hollywood & Dine reservation so excited to get in the holiday spirit with that and the lights.

My three year olds preferred Epcot, but spent hours in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, loved the Little Mermaid show, and the Disney Jr. Show.

It so funny, before this thread, I was telling DH that I bet the kids would probably love Epcot (even though a lot of people say it's not really toddler friendly). A lot of these comments are confirming my thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter