Dealbreakers- which attraction being down for refurbishment would make you reconsider visiting?

I have actually thought about this. The only one that would completely break my heart, and probably make me reschedule, is Radiator Springs Racers. I just love it, and there is nothing like it at WDW (where I go more often, living on the east coast).

None. I mean if POTC, Soarin' RSR, Teacups or Indy were closed I'd be SUPER bummed, but I wouldn't reschedule. I'm still at DISNEYLAND so there is plenty to keep us busy :cheer2::cheer2:

I have actually thought about this. The only one that would completely break my heart, and probably make me reschedule, is Radiator Springs Racers. I just love it, and there is nothing like it at WDW (where I go more often, living on the east coast).
Slightly off topic here...how does this compare to Fast Track? I was unimpressed when I went on that, but so far I am really looking forward to Radiator Springs Racers

Star Tours. Might not be everyone else's, but on the last trip we were on the ride at least 20 times over three days in the park and on one of the days the ride broke down at noon (while were we on it).

Slightly off topic here...how does this compare to Fast Track? I was unimpressed when I went on that, but so far I am really looking forward to Radiator Springs Racers

It's better than Test Track. The ride system is the same in that you are in a 6 person car and you travel around a slow dark ride before the "thrilling" finish. But the ride itself is much, much better. You're driving through Radiator Springs seeing things you might see if you were inside a movie. A lot better than the Test-Dummy theme of Test Track at WDW. I believe Test Track is actually faster at the end, but I also think the race scene may last longer on Racers.

It's better than Test Track. The ride system is the same in that you are in a 6 person car and you travel around a slow dark ride before the "thrilling" finish. But the ride itself is much, much better. You're driving through Radiator Springs seeing things you might see if you were inside a movie. A lot better than the Test-Dummy theme of Test Track at WDW. I believe Test Track is actually faster at the end, but I also think the race scene may last longer on Racers.
Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear.

RSR went a LOT faster than I thought it would when we rode it the first time, lol.

Any of the big ones maybe. My older son is autistic and so doesn't really understand when a ride is down. It wasn't so bad last year when they were doing the big refurb for Critter Country, because they put a big wall up, so it's not like he could walk to it and have it be closed. If it were Splash, BTMM, Space Mountain, or Star Tours, it would be hard to explain at this point.

I've been 3 times since discovering Disneyland 3 years ago. I would not schedule a trip if the ambiance was majorly disrupted... Like scaffolding and tarps over the castle, or if a freeze or a pestilence came in and killed all the plants and flowers.

We would be really, really sad if Splash Mountain was closed, but in reality, no ride closures would be a deal breaker. Disney is still amazing, no matter what!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter