DD's 1st birthday party- need some Minnie Mouse Menu Ideas

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by FirstTimertoDiz, Jan 10, 2010.

1. FirstTimertoDiz

FirstTimertoDiz <font color=teal>I love visiting NYC<br><font colo

I don't want to go overboard, because both dh and my families are traveling about 2 1/2 hours to get to her party, and if the weather is bad, no one will be able to make it. (Which is a significant possibility during January in central PA! ;))

I am thinking about trying to make cupcakes instead of ordering a sheet cake or anything, but I am not sure how to decorate them- maybe get red frosting, and do white polka dots on them? I am not too creative, lol.

I will have to search on ebay to see if I can get a Mickey shaped cookie cutter; maybe then I can do cheese cutouts, or something like that. I wish I could get a hold of some of the Mickey pretzels that are in WDW- that would be much easier! :laughing:

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!

2. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

You could use the Mickey head egg ring (if you have one) for big cookies or for pancakes:goodvibes

3. Ericandjenng

Ericandjenng DVC--Bay Lake Tower & Hilton Head Island

You can make a template from foil or parchment paper (just draw directly on it, then cut out with scissors) and use a sharp knife (probably a paring or boning knife would work best) to cut around the shape for sandwiches or cheese, etc. This could even work for a sheet cake or "mini" cakes that have become popular. Also if you cut out the middle of a different template you can create a pattern to sprinkle sugar crystals on cupcakes or whatever in the shape you have made.

I have found that cupcakes work better with kids because they each have their own. Also if you check in an arts & crafts store (Joann's, Michael's. AC Moore, etc) they have a better selection of pre-made decorative items for cake/cookie decorating.

Good luck! Jenn