DDP question

aprescher

Mouseketeer
Can you use table service credits at quick service restaurants? We were reviewing menus yesterday to make a game plan on where to eat and the majority of table service restaurants don't seem right for our family; especially in Epcot! Would it be possible to just grab a counter burger and use a table credit? We aren't really concerned about "value".

Thanks!!

Can you use table service credits at quick service restaurants? We were reviewing menus yesterday to make a game plan on where to eat and the majority of table service restaurants don't seem right for our family; especially in Epcot! Would it be possible to just grab a counter burger and use a table credit? We aren't really concerned about "value".

Thanks!!

Yep :thumbsup2

Yes you can. When we go on the Deluxe plan our credits are for either table or counter. They will remove your quick service credits when you order at a quick service first before they start using your table credits.

There's really no point to using the DDP if you won't be eating TS. You will just be paying double or triple what you should be for food.

Thanks so much everyone!! We purchased this plan before we actually researched the menus. There are a few table service we plan on eating at such as crystal palace and 50s prime time but most others we either won't enjoy or can't get reservations at! Next time we probably won't buy the DDP but this is our first trip so we are learning :)

When are you going? If more than 45 days you should,be able to remove the DDP from your package without penalty.

Thanks!!

If you're doing it for convenience, think about putting your dining plan money onto a Disney gift card instead and then use that for meals. You're still pre-paying and you're going to save a ton of money..

We are at 48 days away now. Y'all have given me something to think about and quick! I could just drop it, put on gift card (from target and save 5%) and probably come out ahead! I am going to go home and do math :) thanks so much!!

I thought that on the regular dining plan, you weren't able to swap TS for QS? Also, did you think about going to a TS at Boardwalk area restaurant?

It would seem logical then that you could use a QS credit and just get a snack. You wouldn't believe the amount of time we wasted trying to get to the bottom of this question. I had to talk to several store managers, Town Hall, and checkout cashiers who refused to believe what the aforementioned told me to tell them. It was a mess.

We're going to be left with extra QS credits again, and I wish there was a way to just magically change them into snack credits at our resort.

If you aren't going to use the TS credits but you really want the DDP downgrade to the QS plan. You'll end up paying Oop for the TS you do go to but it sounds like you aren't going to that many anyways.

But in my honest opinion using TS Credits for A QS meal is an aweful waste of money that would be better spent on other things. Buying something you know you aren't going to use is like donating money to Walt Disney Company. They are taking enough as it is. Spend it on something you and the family can enjoy. (If you get real stuck on ideas there is always the spa! After all, if Mama ain't Happy, NO BODY is happy!):p

If you really want to do the meal plan, you can also look into the Quick Service plan...it's cheaper than the one with Table Service credits, and might meet your needs better.

It would seem logical then that you could use a QS credit and just get a snack. You wouldn't believe the amount of time we wasted trying to get to the bottom of this question. I had to talk to several store managers, Town Hall, and checkout cashiers who refused to believe what the aforementioned told me to tell them. It was a mess.

We're going to be left with extra QS credits again, and I wish there was a way to just magically change them into snack credits at our resort.

It used to be possible to use QS credits for snacks at some of the resort food courts, although it seemed like it was at the discretion of the CMs. It was rarely allowed in the parks.

In the FAQs for the 2013 dining plan pdfs, however, the next to the last question specifically states that QS or TS credits cannot be used for snacks.

Yes you can. When we go on the Deluxe plan our credits are for either table or counter. They will remove your quick service credits when you order at a quick service first before they start using your table credits.

There are no TS or QS credits on the deluxe plan. All deluxe credits can be used for TS or QS interchangeably.

On the regular plan it appears to be allowed at most if not all restaurants, but it's a one for one trade - no extras.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I think we are going to keep the plan as is and explore eating at resort restaurants. It is nice to know we do have the option to use QS just in case we get in a bind but have the TS as well.

We have ADRs at chef mickey, 50s prime time, and crystal palace so hopefully we can pick up 1 or 2 more for the week and make it worth our money!!

We arrive may 19th and are beyond excited for out first trip to WDW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter