DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Agreed. A lot of action, but I thought it set up the next group of films pretty well too.

Hockey is a lot like aaa baseball. If it's all your city has to brag about sporting wise, you probably shouldn't. :rolleyes:

Morning Paul, has Tukka broken par yet?

Morning guys,

Another Chamber of Commerce postcard weather day.

Last of the final items to pay for on her Indonesia trip was made yesterday. Looks like it is going to happen. Dragged the backpacks out of the attic so she can choose which one she wants to take.

What is this playoff hockey thing you guys keep going on about anyways?

It's a sport played on a frozen surfa....... Wait a second!

Hockey is a lot like aaa baseball. If it's all your city has to brag about sporting wise, you probably shouldn't. :rolleyes:

When I was a kid in Syracuse, we went to a lot of Syracuse Blazers game. They were a minor league team and I think they were the origin of the phrase, "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out." For years they were the most penalized team in the league. I still remember a game when they played the second most penalized team. Think the scene from Slap Shot. Good times.

Agreed. A lot of action, but I thought it set up the next group of films pretty well too.

Morning Paul! How are the wife and kids? Say, did you ever post pictures of your new bar?

Mornin' folks. Beautiful day here today.
Then again, the forecast yesterday said there wouldn't be rain.
So based on that, I took the bike to work.
Then it rained.

Shoulda known.

I will! Give our best to Jodi too.

I never did post pictures of it, but I'm really happy with how it came out. I'll try to figure out how to post some tonight.

You can post pictures the old way still, you remember how to do that, don't you?

'Morning all...
A good start on the day. more reasons to smile than not to.
I like when that happens.

May the 4th be with you:yoda:

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
But it's certainly a day worth commemorating.

11209599_10152499285004058_515131286818393449_n.jpg

Oh geez. Is it that day already??
What happened to April?
(Or March... February...)

Morning Guys. Happy pre Cinco de Mayo. I follow La Cava on Twitter and they are planning for a big day. Not sure I want to be there. Was walking the World Showcase one year on the 5th and it was crazy, even worse than F&W. Groups with drink around the world shirts, people slobber knockered and even a few asleep on a bench. Who am I kidding, of course I want to be there.

It's a good morning! Sun is shining, Temps on the way up, the force is strong today and my computer is actually working properly. Hope everyone is well. Crazy busy with sports and work. Typical of the spring for me. Prayers to those in need, Congrats where deserved and hope all are well.

This weekend, DD was asked to fill in and play in our AAU hoop state championships. After 8 games in 2 days and some hard fought victories, the team advanced to the final 4 on a couple of weeks. DD played well against the higher level of competition and is hoping for an invite to play in the final 4 and a spot on the roster for next season. We'll see what happens.

DS has pitched 2 games for his high school team so far. 2-0, 11 IP, 12 K's, 1 BB, 1 ER, .782 ERA (not really sure how they calculate that). Pretty good start for him. They have 4 games this week so he is sure to start some time this week. Team is 3-2 in total.

DD softball, we are pretty much getting hammered every time out. It is an 8th grade team (DD is 6th grade), we have 3 players that have never played, 3 6th graders (DD and another 6th grade girl are 2 of top players) and every other team is mostly 8th grade girls. They compete and play hard, but the overall talent level for the other teams is pretty high. Having fun though and DD is getting a lot of pitching and hitting against better competition so some positives.

What is this playoff hockey thing you guys keep going on about anyways?

Not that I can speak for this season, but typically they take the good teams and make them extend their season for the enjoyment of the fans and to allow the owners to charge $8 for a beer a few more times. It's kind of like football, but with a lot less people paying attention.

Morning Paul, has Tukka broken par yet?

Nope. The head of the golf club is way too narrow to hit the ball constantly. :lmao::lmao:

Morning guys,

Another Chamber of Commerce postcard weather day.

Last of the final items to pay for on her Indonesia trip was made yesterday. Looks like it is going to happen. Dragged the backpacks out of the attic so she can choose which one she wants to take.

Good morning nemie! Looks like the Phins had a pretty good draft this year. Should be able to stay up with the Pats until week 9 this season before realizing they will not win the East again. :rotfl2::rotfl2: I'm picking them #2 in the division with a shot at a wildcard. And just remember: It's takes a genius to pick a long snapper in the draft to replace your aging long snapper.:thumbsup2:rotfl::rotfl:

Morning Paul! How are the wife and kids? Say, did you ever post pictures of your new bar?

You have a new bar?? I guess I have been away from the boards for far too long. Post some pics. Just restocked the win at our house over the weekend. It was a rough week.:faint:

Mornin' folks. Beautiful day here today.
Then again, the forecast yesterday said there wouldn't be rain.
So based on that, I took the bike to work.
Then it rained.

Shoulda known.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Fastest way I know to get rain is to plan for good weather.

Yup. It happened again.
My DW and DDs were arguing last night. This morning SHE is still ticked.
She asked me for my opinion.... and then she told me what it was.

Pretty normal with DW and the kids in our house. I just keep quiet and make sure the kids remain respectful until I am told I need to contribute. Then after my first sentence, I am told to shut up again and just provide support. Not sure I can survive the teenage years, but we'll give it the old college try.

Good Morning!

Hey Randall! May be heading to DC this summer. Not sure if you are on the wayish or not. Will let you know when plans are finalized. The negative impact would be the sports tournaments. DD may go to nationals for hoop and I need to figure out the schedule. Hope things are well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter