DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Not really liking the new DisBoards, although I guess I'll get used to it. I need to figure out my avatar for sure.
I suspect we will all adapt. Or abandon and use the FB group more!

What the heck happened to this place??? Was anybody else able to find their subscribed thread list or did you all have to find this place the hard way too?
I had the same issue. I'm trying not to panic. Most forums\boards are structured similarly and it's a just a matter of time to learn the new idiosyncrasies associated with this interface.

So I was able to find my subscriptions, found a response on the tags and have successfully multi-quoted! The sky is the limit!
I do not like the way that it shows the emoticons, I don't know how to insert a common name for a URL (It just pastes the whole ugly url as a hyperlink) an I can't find a way to see the post counts for each username.

Last edited:
I suspect we will all adapt. Or abandon and use the FB group more!

I had the same issue. I'm trying not to panic. Most forums\boards are structured similarly and it's a just a matter of time to learn the new idiosyncrasies associated with this interface.

So I was able to find my subscriptions, found a response on the tags and have successfully multi-quoted! Te sky is the limit!
I do not like the way that it shows the emoticons, I don't know how to insert a common name for a URL (It just pastes the whole ugly url as a hyperlink) an I can't find a way to see the post counts for each username.
I'm starting to figure it out. Still haven't figured out the emoticons though, at all.

As for post counts, I see them underneath the avatar listed as messages. That's what you're talking about isn't it?

hey!! who threw all my crap into the corner of the hall closet here??? now I need to set it back up and get used to this place

Who painted the walls pink????? This is the Dads club we are men!. But then again it takes a real man to pull off pink

Last edited:
I'm starting to figure it out. Still haven't figured out the emoticons though, at all.

As for post counts, I see them underneath the avatar listed as messages. That's what you're talking about isn't it?
I meant the post counts within our threads. Not total posts. I mean who cares how many posts you have in other forums? We only care about our DISDad thread!:P

My post count will go up since, for some reason, I'm not blocked from the DIS at work anymore!! Hahaha!! So, are most of you Dads the planners in the family? My wife wants me to do all of it...she just picks one or two places she wants to eat and that's it! This will be our first trip under the new My Magic+ system so it's a little different. Lots to learn...at least our ADRs are done for our trip in June. My oldest is turning 16 so this trip is for her birthday...and she wants to drive part of the way down there. Yikes! I told her she could drive from our driveway to the gas station before we get on the interstate....

What is with that avatar? Liked the waffle better.

I couldn't decide. BLT is one of my favorite resorts, & the 5 legged goat is an interesting mural. But, the waffle does fit one of my enjoyments in life - food. And, that is one of the dues - fried cake.
:lmao:

I meant the post counts within our threads. Not total posts. I mean who cares how many posts you have in other forums? We only care about our DISDad thread!:P
Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I hadn't noticed that yet.

My post count will go up since, for some reason, I'm not blocked from the DIS at work anymore!! Hahaha!! So, are most of you Dads the planners in the family? My wife wants me to do all of it...she just picks one or two places she wants to eat and that's it! This will be our first trip under the new My Magic+ system so it's a little different. Lots to learn...at least our ADRs are done for our trip in June. My oldest is turning 16 so this trip is for her birthday...and she wants to drive part of the way down there. Yikes! I told her she could drive from our driveway to the gas station before we get on the interstate....
I'd say for the most part, we're either the main planner or equal planners. I know I'm definitely the main planner for our family and I'd love to have more input from DW, so that I don't have to try to figure out if she's PO'd about something I planned or not after the fact.

My Magic + is definitely different. It takes some getting used to, but I'm sure you'll do fine. I think they're finally getting most of the bugs ironed out.

Just checking if my avatar works
Nope!

Hummmmm... You are correct sir.
I don't see any way to pick up the Post Counts by User-Name for individual threads either.

That's going to put the kibosh on a good chunk of the stats we've been keeping up with over time.

Looks like the keeping of the stats will no longer happen Rob. Unless you can figure out how to get the post counts...

I don't see any way to pick up the Post Counts by User-Name for individual threads either.

That's going to put the kibosh on a good chunk of the stats we've been keeping up with over time.

Looks like the keeping of the stats will no longer happen Rob. Unless you can figure out how to get the post counts...

Not really liking this new setup. Didn't see your post Rob.

Nothing like flushing all your past hard work down the toilet.

And no, I had nothing to do with it.

Not really liking this new setup. Didn't see your post Rob.
It might grow on us eventually. There are some things I like and a lot of things I can't figure out. Maybe we'll get there one of these days.

Top O the Morning Dads. Gonna take some getting use to the changes and don't have time on first day of a month with closing. Congrats to the Pats and happy to see a team like Seattle and all their mouths crash and burn. Terrible call at the end of the game - couldn't happen to a better team.

Hmmm... The multi quote thing doesn't seem to be working. I'll have to keep trying. I think I got it. I'd throw a party to celebrate our victory over Seattle, but there's waaaayyyy too much snow coming down.

Hey guys! My name is Hunter and I'm from southern Delaware. I've been on Disboards for a little while now. I'm an assistant superintendent at Bayside Golf Resort in Selbyville, DE. My wife gave birth to our first son in August. You know what that means.... I'M A DISDAD NOW!! :cool1: Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Welcome to the club. It looks a lot different, but come on in. NORM! What did you do to the clubhouse?

New to Disdads although I've been a dad for like 15 years or so. Give me a number! LOL! I'm gonna have to hunt for that bacon vinylmation...I have a baseball one on my desk!

Welcome Ich!

Evening guys! Having fun down here at WDW. Trying to have a pretzel and beer for everyone, but with this many members, it's difficult. Doing my best...

I hope you went to ESPNZone to watch the game?

Not really liking the new DisBoards, although I guess I'll get used to it. I need to figure out my avatar for sure.

I'm with you. Lots of things to figure out.

What the heck happened to this place??? Was anybody else able to find their subscribed thread list or did you all have to find this place the hard way too?

Oh yeah, good morning, by the way.

I'd hate to be Pete Carroll today.

I liked the call.

Now then, let's get back to normal.

'Morning all...
I'd complain about the rain we're getting, but at least it's not 75 tons of snow.
Y'all stay safe up there in the Northeast (oh and Congrats to some of ya'... I guess...)

I'd welcome the rain at this point. Looking at the forecast, there are 3 more storms coming. One that is supposed to be another foot of snow. We are already over 12" today and it's supposed to keep snowing until 6PM. We'll be running out of places to put it soon. No snow until the last week of January and now we have 4 feet.

I was yelling at the tv the moment I saw the ball leave his hands. Terrible choice if you ask me.....

I thought it was a very good choice and the results satisfying.:rolleyes1:jumping1:

The smily face on the heading. Looks like they are not all there or it's hard to get to them.

hey!! who threw all my crap into the corner of the hall closet here??? now I need to set it back up and get used to this place

:faint:

Noooooo! All that hard work trying to get those stats up. Looks like I'll have to find a new hobby now.:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter