• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Sometimes. More often, he likes to eat something messy, like chocolate, and then rub his face/hands all over me.

Better than rolling in something messy!

Although picking up poop is less stomach churning than changing a filled diaper.

Better than rolling in something messy!

::yes:: Truth. Although he's done that, too.

Although picking up poop is less stomach churning than changing a filled diaper.

You just get so desensitized after a while.

I saw a meme on Facebook the other day that cracked me up. It said, "A company has developed a new curved apparatus for a pregnancy test to avoid the user urinating on her hands.

If you're not prepared to have urine on your hands, you're not ready to be a mom."

I saw a meme on Facebook the other day that cracked me up. It said, "A company has developed a new curved apparatus for a pregnancy test to avoid the user urinating on her hands.

If you're not prepared to have urine on your hands, you're not ready to be a mom."

:laughing: I saw that too! And it's true, too.

Evening guys, from sunny London.
In doggy news, she seemed pretty happy this morning.
Hopefully that means no new damage to the leg.
Good news from the doggy desk. Nice one.
Despite that, this will be her only match as the the douche bag running the team over booked the number of players on the team, and since we aren't the wealthy right side of the tracks parents, she won't get to play anymore this tournament
Well that sucks. High fives to the DD though, look forward to seeing her at junior wimbledon.
Today was Championship match and youngest dd is KY State Team Tennis Championship 12U!!! Another dominating performance at 4-0, 4-0
That's awesome! More junior wimbledees!
It was an exciting game all the way through and the good guys came out on top, hitting a 3 pointer to win with 6 seconds left. DS played great throughout the game and was put back out for the last 3 minutes of the game to help finish things off.
Another high five! Unfortunately we don't have a world class basketball championship, so he'll have to make do in the NBA.

...and that wraps it up for weather, sports and the human interest story. In travel news, 26 days until Orlando!

Sorry about the rant that is to follow.

Over the last couple of months, spent $$$ fixing stuff around the house. Figured OK, done! Nope. Seemed like almost every day over the last couple of weeks, something else needs repair (or re-fix previous repairs). It was bam, bam, bam. Plus the car decided it wanted to play.

Saturday the last of it seemed to be done and my head was still above water and I could see the shore. THEN i WENT TO THE MAILBOX. Nice form from the NY State Tax and Revenue saying I underpaid taxes in 2003 and I owe them $1,600. I know it was paid but by the time I find everything to prove it, the bill will be $2,000. So I am paying it and hope to prove my case later. Care to make odds on it being corrected?

Not a happy camper right now.

Will try to go back and read some past posts but in the meantime, congrats Darcy and Norm on the kid's accomplishments.

Over the last couple of months, spent $$$ fixing stuff around the house. Figured OK, done! Nope. Seemed like almost every day over the last couple of weeks, something else needs repair (or re-fix previous repairs). It was bam, bam, bam. Plus the car decided it wanted to play.

Saturday the last of it seemed to be done and my head was still above water and I could see the shore. THEN i WENT TO THE MAILBOX. Nice form from the NY State Tax and Revenue saying I underpaid taxes in 2003 and I owe them $1,600. I know it was paid but by the time I find everything to prove it, the bill will be $2,000. So I am paying it and hope to prove my case later. Care to make odds on it being corrected?

Will try to go back and read some past posts but in the meantime, congrats Darcy and Norm on the kid's accomplishments.

Ugh, sorry about the spate of bad luck with the house. And taxes are the worst.

I underpaid taxes in 2003

Isn't there some kind of statute of limitations? That seems ridiculous that someone has just checked your return from 12 years ago? That blows mate, go and get it back from them. Fight the power.

Sorry about the bad luck CJ, hope it's all done.

Don't let the Man screw you over!

Bad news all around, between repairs and taxes. It's hard to avoid either in life, but I hope you are done, at least with the repairs. The taxes are another story, but hopefully you can fight it after the fact. The tax guys really have you over a barrel though. In Canada, the "guideline" for normal period of re-assessment is 3 years, but Revenue Canada (same as your IRS) recommends to keep your records for 6 years, and the fine print says they can pretty much go back to any year if they think there was some fraud or incorrect reporting. So that's a tough one. I hope it eventually works out for you. Good luck.

Sorry Cj, praying things get better.

Wow, that totally sucks. Maybe things are different in the States, but I thought you only needed to keep tax related stuff for 7 years. This really smacks of guilty before proven innocent. Can you ask to see their numbers?
Just... weird. 2003?

Sounds like you could use an Old Fashioned from the Bellevue Lounge right about now.....hope things get better soon CJ!

Morning Guys.

Beautiful day up here this morning; great day to spend the afternoon on the golf course.

Have a good one!

Good Morning. Played in a church league softball game last night and only cussed once. I feel really guilty, but showed a lot of restraint not using my normal color commentary. Our team pulled it out with a walk off hit in the 7th. Fun group of guys. Back to normal win at all costs softball tonight. DS taking his permit test today. Watch out, another Masshole on the road.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sorry to hear CJ, that really stinks. Sometimes I think they wait on purpose thinking everyone just pays it and let's it go. I think you only need to keep records for 7 years. How do you defend a case if your not even expected to have documentation? Hopefully its a mistake and you'll get it all back quickly. I would certainly fight it as much as I could. Glad the repairs are done. Relax and have another drink.

Happy Tuesday. Worked out at the gym and played tennis last night. Then, played tennis with dds. Despite all that, feeling good this morning. Need to go grocery shopping today.

You just get so desensitized after a while.

Agreed. But, I did think of those AFV videos about dads changing diapers while vomiting or wearing hazmat suits.

Well that sucks. High fives to the DD though, look forward to seeing her at junior wimbledon.
!

It's still my dream to play there, although I doubt I will qualify. If she makes it, I'll call you up and we can sleep at your place.

I thought about IRS, but I forget that New York has even more a progressive KGB. So glad we have so many layers of government and so many laws.

Good Morning. Played in a church league softball game last night and only cussed once. I feel really guilty, but showed a lot of restraint not using my normal color commentary. Our team pulled it out with a walk off hit in the 7th. Fun group of guys. Back to normal win at all costs softball tonight. DS taking his permit test today. Watch out, another Masshole on the road.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Have you heard Tim Wilson's song Church League Softball fistfight? I don't know if it is available on google search somewhere, but it is a funny song.

Last edited:

Well done in the game and good luck with the new driver.

57372888.jpg

2003??? What the...?

Found this just googling the statute of limitations in NY:

Statute of limitations
New York State Tax Law generally places a three-year statute of limitations on our right to assert additional tax due (generally, three years after your return was filed), beyond which we may not assess tax above what you reported on your return. A six-year statute of limitation applies to abusive tax avoidance transactions. You must obtain a written consent to extend the statute of limitations prior to expiration of the limitation period. The statute of limitations does not apply, however, for any period during which a taxpayer failed to file a return, failed to report the changes made by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to a federal tax return (federal changes) or filed a false or fraudulent return to evade tax. For income, estate, and corporation tax purposes, a taxpayer is generally required to report a federal change to New York State within 90 days after the final determination of the change, correction, renegotiation, or disallowance, and must state whether the determination is correct or incorrect.

I am no longer hunted down by the State of New York. Check sent today.

Statute of limitations New York State Tax Law generally places a three-year statute of limitations on our right to assert additional tax due (generally, three years after your return was filed), beyond which we may not assess tax above what you reported on your return. A six-year statute of limitation applies to abusive tax avoidance transactions. You must obtain a written consent to extend the statute of limitations prior to expiration of the limitation period. The statute of limitations does not apply, however, for any period during which a taxpayer failed to file a return, failed to report the changes made by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to a federal tax return (federal changes) or filed a false or fraudulent return to evade tax. For income, estate, and corporation tax purposes, a taxpayer is generally required to report a federal change to New York State within 90 days after the final determination of the change, correction, renegotiation, or disallowance, and must state whether the determination is correct or incorrect.

Thanks Mark and everyone else for the support. Not sure what happened in 2003, but I did later amend a return sometime around then. The main thing that bugs me is it was 13 years ago, why not earlier? As it is I have no idea how to reconstruct it. Trying to get the W-2's. My option is to get get an attorney or apply for free advice from a advocacy group. I don't think it is going to be worth hiring someone unless I am interested in moral victories. Will submit the paperwork to the advocacy group but not very hopeful they will take it.

At least nothing broke in the house today.

Beer, bacon, congrats and prayers to those that may need them. From Tortola British Islands

Super jealous, have a blast on the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter