DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I just remember the sundress, fondly.

::yes::

Finally back to something that resembles "normal" or at least structured.
Able to drive again and have returned to work.
Hopefully I'll be able to better keep up with what's going on 'round here.
Good to be back out in the world.

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal. Sorry you have to go back to work. :lmao:

Just to be completely wacky...
How about an actual Disney related question for y'all.

So, about when should I expect WDW to begin sales of September 2016 MNSSHP hard tickets?

It's something I've not tried to acquire previously so I'm likely looking in the wrong place.
So far all I can find is that they will be available at some unnamed point in the future.

Others already posted the info. You can check the park hours website for Sept/ Oct. When you see that MK is closing at 7, then that will be a MNSSHP day. We don't do a park ticket those days and just enjoy the resort. But, it is nice to be able to plan ahead and make ADRs.

Anyone anxious for this Friday?
capitainamerica05.gif

Team Iron Man all the way.

Got good news from the Pirate Princess. She took the GRE today and got a qualifying score for the grad school she wants. Tough to prep and take the test during finals week. Five more days of work and she is done.

Congrats to the PP!

On my school's registration form, the same middle school sent forms home on different colors to prevent me from filling out all the info and photocopying it. So, under who can pick up children from school, I wrote in "Batman". They don't read any of them anyway.

:lmao:

Good morning dads. May the 4th be with you (and happy Star Wars day if you didn't catch that).

I thought I would share this picture since it makes me laugh. This is how I tried to dress last year on May the 4th while taking youngest DD to the bus. Note I said *tried* because she was not impressed, as you can tell. :rotfl:

View attachment 166508

:lmao: her expression!

We have 5 month old Bengal cats. Weirdest cats I have ever seen. Let's just say cats don't always land on their feet. These ones enjoy landing on pretty much anything except their feet

Sounds like you're having fun with them. How did you come to have that breed?

Quoted other stuff and of course stupid iPod lost some.
Welcome to the new guy waves to the old guys.

Been fun. Worked two of my three days off and threw out my back (only a little this time) in between.

Thanks for the congrats to DD. I am a bit torn, glad she got a qualifying score but now I have to figure out how to pay for it.

Really stormy today, worse than yesterday. Lots of fireworks. Lightening hit a transformer the next street over and the dog freaked out. My power went out for a second but some the neighbors are still waiting on FPL to fix it. Supposed to be much better starting tomorrow and through the weekend.

Hey CJ! The family is doing very well! DD performed as Lumiere in her school play a few weeks ago and was a hit!

You are so going to use that picture to embarrass her.

Finally back to something that resembles "normal" or at least structured.
Able to drive again and have returned to work.
Hopefully I'll be able to better keep up with what's going on 'round here.
Good to be back out in the world.

Glad you are rebounding but sorry about the work thing. Just don't do anything stupid like trying to jump a motorcycle over a gorge.

We have 5 month old Bengal cats. Weirdest cats I have ever seen.

Seen some of their antics on FB. I imagine they fit in well with the family.

Thanks for the congrats to DD. I am a bit torn, glad she got a qualifying score but now I have to figure out how to pay for it.

Sort-of like :goodvibes :eek: :goodvibes :eek::scared1:

Really stormy today, worse than yesterday. Lots of fireworks. Lightening hit a transformer the next street over and the dog freaked out. My power went out for a second but some the neighbors are still waiting on FPL to fix it. Supposed to be much better starting tomorrow and through the weekend.

Man.... stay safe. Sorry to hear your neighbor's luck... but glad you still have power. FPL not to quick to fix stuff from what I remember.

:scratchin ::yes::

Sounds like you're having fun with them. How did you come to have that breed?

Been fun. Worked two of my three days off and threw out my back (only a little this time) in between.

DW and both kids have allergies to animals. While they are not considered allergy free, a lot of people are not allergic due to the pelt and grooming habits. So far 5 months and not even a sniffle. We had to get them from a breeder and only after spending time with the parents and other litters to make sure of the allergic reactions. We had to do a lot of research, they are pretty expensive and need a lot of playtime, but are definitely worth it as they are great to have around and keep us laughing in between all of the "no, bad kitty" and "get off that" discipline.:D So far, one has eaten about 2 tablespoons of butter (they are lactose intolerant):headache:, They both eat inspects and seem to rather enjoy the treatpopcorn::, they learned how to turn the water on when we are not around (had to come up with a way to stop them):confused::faint:, I had to replace one window and one screen door screen as they love to climb them and hang there and they have clearly taken over:mad::sad2::sad2: and have surpassed my rung on the ladder of control.:rolleyes1

They are going in to be fixed next week and will be forced to wear the cone of shame. I have already bet the vet that they figure out how to get them off within 24 hours. They are very intelligent. She says no way, but they open cabinets, already said the water thing, can drink with a straw:eek: (coffee is not good for them) and I'm starting to think they are planning to take over the world when we are not looking.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hope you feel better soon. I always work more when home than I ever do in the office.

Seen some of their antics on FB. I imagine they fit in well with the family.

We are in saving mode for DS16 now. It's crazy how much $$ it is now. Maybe the Donald will fix the tuition system when he puts that wall up.:faint:

Stay safe, hopefully the weather improves and no more lightning strikes.

Yes, they fit perfectly into our insane asylum we like to call home. If they were normal, we'd probably send them back.:lmao::lmao:

Good Day Rob and welcome back. Glad things are better and you are getting back to normal.
Glad to hear things are getting back to normal. Sorry you have to go back to work. :lmao:
Oddly… I’m not all that unhappy to be back (to work that is).
Ought to be, but no…

When I was out I couldn’t do much or go anywhere (or afford to), so I’d just assume have a regular routine and at least a general goal. Now if only I could’a had that same six week sabbatical with an included cash allowance and not been all busted up at the time…

You can see people talking about it here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...ry-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819

Basically no one has any real reason as to when, but most guess within the next week or two.

I'm just sitting on this website hitting refresh twice a day: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/events/

Last year I seem to remember them going on sale beginning of June.
That explains it.
Mostly just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going about hunting them down all bass-ackwards.

Of course I still can't get the January calendar to show for booking DDCC. Maybe soon I hope.
They don’t make long range planning particularly easy, that’s a certainly.

But then again, every long range plan I’ve made in the last couple of years has ended up in the hopper anyway.
This one may well joint the casualty list between here and there.

Others already posted the info. You can check the park hours website for Sept/ Oct. When you see that MK is closing at 7, then that will be a MNSSHP day. We don't do a park ticket those days and just enjoy the resort. But, it is nice to be able to plan ahead and make ADRs.
That’s about how I figured it. I’ve never had the opportunity to partake of that little soiree (much less been to Da’World during the fall) so we thought we might like to give it a shot at least once. Right now it’s just a general plan that we’ll try to get down there in September (to make up for not being able to do anything for our 25th anniversary). Whether or not we actually get to pull it off is still a debatable point.

I’m neigh on to certain those two sentences are incompatible with one and other.

That is the never ending issue, ain’t it?
Congrats to her, none the less.
Where’s she thinking of doing the post grad work; still up at SH?

Glad you are rebounding but sorry about the work thing. Just don't do anything stupid like trying to jump a motorcycle over a gorge.
My, but I haven’t heard a reference to that bloke since I was a young’en.
At least he got paid for the effort (not sure it was worth it, but still).

Is this not the single driving point behind every picture ever taken of one’s young’ens?

DW and both kids have allergies to animals. While they are not considered allergy free, a lot of people are not allergic due to the pelt and grooming habits. So far 5 months and not even a sniffle. We had to get them from a breeder and only after spending time with the parents and other litters to make sure of the allergic reactions. We had to do a lot of research, they are pretty expensive and need a lot of playtime, but are definitely worth it as they are great to have around and keep us laughing in between all of the "no, bad kitty" and "get off that" discipline.:D So far, one has eaten about 2 tablespoons of butter (they are lactose intolerant):headache:, They both eat inspects and seem to rather enjoy the treatpopcorn::, they learned how to turn the water on when we are not around (had to come up with a way to stop them):confused::faint:, I had to replace one window and one screen door screen as they love to climb them and hang there and they have clearly taken over:mad::sad2::sad2: and have surpassed my rung on the ladder of control.:rolleyes1

They are going in to be fixed next week and will be forced to wear the cone of shame. I have already bet the vet that they figure out how to get them off within 24 hours. They are very intelligent. She says no way, but they open cabinets, already said the water thing, can drink with a straw:eek: (coffee is not good for them) and I'm starting to think they are planning to take over the world when we are not looking.:rotfl2::rotfl2:
:lmao:
Quite the Cat-astrophic duo you’ve acquired there.

When I was out I couldn’t do much or go anywhere (or afford to), so I’d just assume have a regular routine and at least a general goal. Now if only I could’a had that same six week sabbatical with an included cash allowance and not been all busted up at the time…

That’s about how I figured it. I’ve never had the opportunity to partake of that little soiree (much less been to Da’World during the fall) so we thought we might like to give it a shot at least once. Right now it’s just a general plan that we’ll try to get down there in September (to make up for not being able to do anything for our 25th anniversary). Whether or not we actually get to pull it off is still a debatable point.

Well, there's always the lotto to shoot for. :sad2: Hope you get to make it for a MNSSHP. This will be the first year we have not attended one in 8 consecutive years. Kinda sad already.

Doing good Jim. FYI, I'm here everyday...

Pants optional.

Morning All.

Cool, rainy day up here. Too bad the folks in Fort MacMurray couldn't get some of this wet weather. That wild fire is crazy and I don't know how they will ever recover from that.

Nice pic in the grad gown CJ, when is the ceremony?

Morning all. We're on day 40, I think, of rain here in southeastern VA. Or, at least that is the way it feels. I'm just dreaming of 184 days from now. I don't care if it rains every day, at least I'll be able to hang with the mouse and watch Stacey.

Here's a video of what some people were facing as they evacuated from from Fort MacMurray area. Sorry about the language

Doing good Jim. FYI, I'm here everyday...
Thanks again for your help Randall ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Hope you get to make it for a MNSSHP. This will be the first year we have not attended one in 8 consecutive years. Kinda sad already.
I saw prices came out for MNSSHP during our Oct trip. $95 is absolutely obscene! :headache: :sad2:

Here's a video of what some people were facing as they evacuated from from Fort MacMurray area.
:scared1: That is crazy scary to have to drive through!

Morning, Men :surfweb:
Gooood Morrrning Emma's Daddddd!

Here's a video of what some people were facing as they evacuated from from Fort MacMurray area. Sorry about the language

I do wonder why they (emergency personnel) did not close those roads. A car breaks down there and those people are goners. Crazy situation!

Another week of campus time has drawn to a close. No 560 round trip driving miles next week.

Picked up her graduation gown.

Congrats again. Another proud moment.

Morning all. We're on day 40, I think, of rain here in southeastern VA. Or, at least that is the way it feels. I'm just dreaming of 184 days from now. I don't care if it rains every day, at least I'll be able to hang with the mouse and watch Stacey.

You can watch Stacey now.

I saw prices came out for MNSSHP during our Oct trip. $95 is absolutely obscene! :headache: :sad2:
d!

There would be a slight DVC discount, but that price is a sticker shock. We would go with 3 days of park tickets and just do MK during the MNSSHP. Now, I guess I can watch the Hallowishes fireworks from TOTWL until Disney starts charging for that.

Has Disney priced itself out of the market for a family of four? It's getting close for me.

What a difference a day makes. About 8 inches of rain over the last 2 days and today it is sunny, low 80's and a little wind to keep the humidity down. Perfect.

A bit of space history: Today in 1961 Alan Shepard became the 1st American in space, completing a 15 minute sub-orbital flight.

Isn't she a little young for those heels? lol

He who laughs last.... How old is Emma now?

That is the never ending issue, ain’t it?
Congrats to her, none the less.
Where’s she thinking of doing the post grad work; still up at SH?

Right now the only school she is applying to is UM. They have a very good Marine graduate program.

My, but I haven’t heard a reference to that bloke since I was a young’en.
At least he got paid for the effort (not sure it was worth it, but still).

Saw the CNN show "The Sixties" and they showed Evil jumping over a fountain. He missed.

Is this not the single driving point behind every picture ever taken of one’s young’ens?

Exactly!

Nice pic in the grad gown CJ, when is the ceremony?

She gets the piece of paper may 16th. I leave here the 11th and we hope to have her packed up on the 14th.

These continued (and exponentially escalating) prices are getting out of hand. $95 is just absurd and you won't see me getting a ticket for a while.

You can watch Stacey now.

A friend sent me a post from her where she said that today (5/5) is the anniversary of the showing of the first Stacey series. Happened in 2005.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter