DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

So I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but I wanna join this cool dudes club.

Jon
Family Situation: Married with 1 kid (as of today)
Pets: 1 dog & 1 cat
Favorite Food: PB & H (Honey) sandwich
Favorite Drink: Barqs Root Beer

I seem to meet some of the criteria
  1. Your passion for Disney equals that of a 7 year old kid - since my wife introduced me to WDW
  2. You have a wife that thinks you are a big kid.
  3. You get more excited than your kids when a trip to WDW is planned. - Considering he is only 5 months old and he gets excited when someone talks to him.
  4. When planning family reunions, class reunions, and job conventions you always plan them at Disney World.
  5. You nick-named your son and daughter Mickey - His name is McCoy so Mickey is a great nickname
  6. You planned your next Disney trip the day after returning from Disney World.
  7. You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
  8. You have Disney songs on your MP3 player - I don't have a MP3 player, but i have a Pandora station just for Disney sing alongs. It makes yard work easier.
  9. You have Disney Fonts and Icons as well.
  10. You have Disney knicknacks all over your "man cave/dude room/office."
  11. You drink your coffee from one of your multiple Disney mugs.
  12. You have Disney Luggage.
  13. You have an Animated Mickey Watch. - Jack Skellington watch close enough?
  14. You have Goofy PJs and slippers, Mickey PJs and bathrobe and a lot of other Disney clothing.
  15. You constantly watch disney movies.
  16. You have a disney CD in your car or truck right now.
  17. You listen a WDW podcast or park music (ie, the old Illuminations pre show) while working out in the gym. - not at the gym (seriously who goes to the gym, I'm too busy)
  18. Your boss quits asking where you are going on vacation - he already knows.
  19. You have a Disney vanity plate on your auto (ex. MGK KGDM) - D1SN3Y
  20. You did your best to "brainwash" your kids early so they wouldn't have any problem ever wanting to go on a Disney Vacation.
  21. You only feel fulfilled when you know you have another trip on the horizon.
  22. You can't decide if you want to go on a Disney Cruise, to Walt Disney World, or to Disneyland for your next vacation (if you can afford it the Disney Resorts over seas are in the equation as well).
  23. Your office is like a shrine to Disney and it gets bigger and bigger every year.
  24. You use your kids as an excuse for all the people who ask why you're going back to WDW again. "It's for the kids!" Although the people who know you best know not to believe that.
  25. Simply put...there is no place you would rather go on vacation than at WDW, Disneyland, on a Disney Cruise, or at any of the Disney resorts over seas.
  26. While watching a show that you recorded on the TiVO, you forwarded through the commercials but stopped and watched the WDW commercials. Even the ones that you have seen hundreds of times.
  27. You own a Minnie waffle iron.
  28. You own the "Classic Disney" CD collection
  29. You love Disney SO much you have tatoos of Disney Characters. - Mickey head on my ring finger, wife has a lot more Disney tattoos
  30. When it comes to Disney World you just can't get enough!!! No matter how many times you go!
  31. You have helped plan many Disney vacations for friends. Now you are getting phone calls from other departments asking, "Hey are you the guy I need to talk to about planning my Disney Vacation?"
  32. Your Christmas tree has all Disney ornaments on it. - not all but at least 80% are Disney
  33. The cake topper on your wedding cake was Mickey & Minnie.
  34. You have a Mickey telephone (one of those old stand up kind from the 80's, like the large one reproduced at POP) - in my office and it still works
  35. You hooked up the laptop to your TV so that you could watch Youtube videos of WDW.
  36. You have more disney podcasts than music on your iPod.
  37. You have endured or are willing to endure the hazing process to become a DIS Dad's Club Member which involves...... Walking until your legs and feet ache, crowded queues with hundreds of strangers, standing in the hot Florida sun until your skin burns, and finally emptying your wallet of any savings.
  38. More than 50% of your t-shirts are Disney related.
  39. You have Mickey shaped egg forms, ice cube trays, or any other Mickey cookware in your kitchen
Add to the list
1. Father in Law wrote the processional for my wife to walk down the aisle to that included many Disney themes including Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast
2. Always care a Mickey thumb drive (I work in IT so I always have a thumb drive at the ready)

Jon

1. Your passion for Disney equals that of a 7 year old kid - since my wife introduced me to WDW
  3. You get more excited than your kids when a trip to WDW is planned. - Considering he is only 5 months old and he gets excited when someone talks to him.
  4. When planning family reunions, class reunions, and job conventions you always plan them at Disney World.
  5. You nick-named your son and daughter Mickey - His name is McCoy so Mickey is a great nickname
  7. You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
  8. You have Disney songs on your MP3 player - I don't have a MP3 player, but i have a Pandora station just for Disney sing alongs. It makes yard work easier.
  14. You have Goofy PJs and slippers, Mickey PJs and bathrobe and a lot of other Disney clothing.
  17. You listen a WDW podcast or park music (ie, the old Illuminations pre show) while working out in the gym. - not at the gym (seriously who goes to the gym, I'm too busy)
  20. You did your best to "brainwash" your kids early so they wouldn't have any problem ever wanting to go on a Disney Vacation.
  22. You can't decide if you want to go on a Disney Cruise, to Walt Disney World, or to Disneyland for your next vacation (if you can afford it the Disney Resorts over seas are in the equation as well).
  23. Your office is like a shrine to Disney and it gets bigger and bigger every year.
  24. You use your kids as an excuse for all the people who ask why you're going back to WDW again. "It's for the kids!" Although the people who know you best know not to believe that.
  25. Simply put...there is no place you would rather go on vacation than at WDW, Disneyland, on a Disney Cruise, or at any of the Disney resorts over seas.
  26. While watching a show that you recorded on the TiVO, you forwarded through the commercials but stopped and watched the WDW commercials. Even the ones that you have seen hundreds of times.
  29. You love Disney SO much you have tatoos of Disney Characters. - Mickey head on my ring finger, wife has a lot more Disney tattoos
  30. When it comes to Disney World you just can't get enough!!! No matter how many times you go!
  31. You have helped plan many Disney vacations for friends. Now you are getting phone calls from other departments asking, "Hey are you the guy I need to talk to about planning my Disney Vacation?"
  32. Your Christmas tree has all Disney ornaments on it. - not all but at least 80% are Disney
  34. You have a Mickey telephone (one of those old stand up kind from the 80's, like the large one reproduced at POP) - in my office and it still works
  35. You hooked up the laptop to your TV so that you could watch Youtube videos of WDW.
  37. You have endured or are willing to endure the hazing process to become a DIS Dad's Club Member which involves...... Walking until your legs and feet ache, crowded queues with hundreds of strangers, standing in the hot Florida sun until your skin burns, and finally emptying your wallet of any savings.
  39. You have Mickey shaped egg forms, ice cube trays, or any other Mickey cookware in your kitchen
Add to the list
1. Father in Law wrote the processional for my wife to walk down the aisle to that included many Disney themes including Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast
2. Always care a Mickey thumb drive (I work in IT so I always have a thumb drive at the ready)

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Jon! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #817!

drippinwelcum.gif

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM.​

Hey Norm! Looks like the rain headed this way... though no campus view from here....

Well, bad news and worse news. :lmao:

I like the new avatar and am Team Cap as well. Although, Vision being on Team Iron Man concerns me. With an iridium skin and infinity stone, I would rank him the most powerful of all in both teams, which is really an unfair advantage. I'm guessing they will dumb his powers down and try to make him fit in.

Star Trek? :confused3 Never heard of it? Is that a Universal Studios thing?

Astronomy / Astrology - there's a difference? One plays connect the dots to draw figures and the other things the figures talk to you.

I guess you'll just have to be beamed up to figure out those higher questions. :rotfl:

I am volunteering at my oldest daughters school for the book fair. I am not sure when or how I did this, but the school emailed me and told me when to be there and for how long I needed to be there. So I am guessing one of my kids asked me too and I filled out some form. Man, reminds me of when I joined the service, I signed a bunch of forms and then realized I had signed myself up for indentured servitude for 4 years. But no one wants a 40 year old overweight guy to take care of, I am more work to keep in food and living environments than the work they can extract out of me. Also, a heck of a lot more sarcastic.

Anyway, why is Friday supposed to be something I am anxious for, other than it is Friday?

On my school's registration form, the same middle school sent forms home on different colors to prevent me from filling out all the info and photocopying it. So, under who can pick up children from school, I wrote in "Batman". They don't read any of them anyway.

Got good news from the Pirate Princess. She took the GRE today and got a qualifying score for the grad school she wants. Tough to prep and take the test during finals week. Five more days of work and she is done.

Congrats to her. And, from the article you posted on FB, you need to add a new nickname for her. President Crash.

Jon

)

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. You mail the 800+ to me and then I send to all the guys. You have a young 'en there. Done any trips to WDW with him yet?

Jon

Welcome to the club! It certainly seems like you meet plenty of the criteria! Don't forget the next round of Dole Whips is on you :tongue:

Good morning dads. May the 4th be with you (and happy Star Wars day if you didn't catch that).

I thought I would share this picture since it makes me laugh. This is how I tried to dress last year on May the 4th while taking youngest DD to the bus. Note I said *tried* because she was not impressed, as you can tell. :rotfl:

13724_10155497500710076_4708739689673405326_n.jpg

Thank you all for the kind welcomes! And May the 4th be with you all!

You have a young 'en there. Done any trips to WDW with him yet?
Not yet, but we're booked for this October. He'll be 11 months. Got to start the indoctrination early.

Got good news from the Pirate Princess. She took the GRE today and got a qualifying score for the grad school she wants. Tough to prep and take the test during finals week. Five more days of work and she is done.

Woohooo!!!!! Congrats to the PP!!
:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Hey Don, how is the family?

Hey CJ! The family is doing very well! DD performed as Lumiere in her school play a few weeks ago and was a hit! Had my parents down from Ohio for the week during that time, so things were a little busy. Only 18 more days of school left for DD and she is very much looking forward to the summer break. Looks like she'll take home Principle's List for the entire year again this year. She's a great kid, if I don't say so myself.

She's the ginger looking at her hands
0415161916.jpg

Jon

Add to the list

Welcome to the club! You'll fit right in here!

Hi Don, like the new avatar.

:thumbsup2 Randall approved... love it!

Well, bad news and worse news. :lmao:

:rotfl2: Indeed

I like the new avatar and am Team Cap as well. Although, Vision being on Team Iron Man concerns me. With an iridium skin and infinity stone, I would rank him the most powerful of all in both teams, which is really an unfair advantage. I'm guessing they will dumb his powers down and try to make him fit in.

Will be interesting to see how they play this out. My DD has been looking forward to this release since the day she heard it was being made. Quite the Marvel kid she has become.

Good morning dads. May the 4th be with you (and happy Star Wars day if you didn't catch that).

I thought I would share this picture since it makes me laugh. This is how I tried to dress last year on May the 4th while taking youngest DD to the bus. Note I said *tried* because she was not impressed, as you can tell. :rotfl:

View attachment 166508

:darth: And a happy Star Wars day to you, too. :chewy: Grrrrrrrraaaaawwwwwwww

Last edited:

Welcome aboard, Jon!

View attachment 166508

Your daughter's face totally makes the photo!:rotfl2:

Congrats the the Pirate Princess!

Jon

Welcome to the Club!!

View attachment 166508

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Awesome!

Good morning all. Another beautiful day with even warmer weather on campus. The leaves are in full bloom along with the college girls' tank tops. I don't remember them dressing this way 20+ years ago, but maybe I died and forgot.

May the 4th be with us, always.

View attachment 166508

Her expression is hilarious. Hold on to that picture for future embarrassment opportunities for her. :lmao:

Not yet, but we're booked for this October. He'll be 11 months. Got to start the indoctrination early.

My youngest was 15 months when we went. She had fun, but did better the following year's trip. She was too afraid of all the masked characters. Have a great trip.

Is it really Wednesday. This week is going by too quickly for the amount of things that I need to do by Friday. Hoping to cut out early then for a trip to Busch Gardens.

Good morning all. Another beautiful day with even warmer weather on campus. The leaves are in full bloom along with the college girls' tank tops. I don't remember them dressing this way 20+ years ago, but maybe I died and forgot.

I just remember the sundress, fondly.

Is it really Wednesday. This week is going by too quickly for the amount of things that I need to do by Friday. Hoping to cut out early then for a trip to Busch Gardens.

Hey Mal... hope the weather holds out for ya. On a Busch Garden's note... I just found out that BG no longer gives a discount when purchasing the Platinum passes. Not sure if you get them or not, but thought I'd pass that along. That was a $95 a year savings for us.

'Morning all...
and may an adventurous 4th lay ahead of you.

Finally back to something that resembles "normal" or at least structured.
Able to drive again and have returned to work.
Hopefully I'll be able to better keep up with what's going on 'round here.
Good to be back out in the world.

Just to be completely wacky...
How about an actual Disney related question for y'all.

So, about when should I expect WDW to begin sales of September 2016 MNSSHP hard tickets?

It's something I've not tried to acquire previously so I'm likely looking in the wrong place.
So far all I can find is that they will be available at some unnamed point in the future.

Hey Mal... hope the weather holds out for ya. On a Busch Garden's note... I just found out that BG no longer gives a discount when purchasing the Platinum passes. Not sure if you get them or not, but thought I'd pass that along. That was a $95 a year savings for us.

Discount on the pass itself? I signed up for the Platinum pass 15+ years ago and paid it month-by-month. They sent me a letter at the end of the term and said if I would keep letting them charge my card, I could keep the same rate. I've been paying $8.33 for one and $10 something for the other (I purchased it later) ever since.

It's something I've not tried to acquire previously so I'm likely looking in the wrong place.
So far all I can find is that they will be available at some unnamed point in the future.

You can see people talking about it here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...ry-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819

Basically no one has any real reason as to when, but most guess within the next week or two.

I'm just sitting on this website hitting refresh twice a day: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/events/

Discount on the pass itself? I signed up for the Platinum pass 15+ years ago and paid it month-by-month. They sent me a letter at the end of the term and said if I would keep letting them charge my card, I could keep the same rate. I've been paying $8.33 for one and $10 something for the other (I purchased it later) ever since.

Right... the discount on the pass itself. We pay in full for the pass every year. Not sure if they are dropping the discount for those who are paying monthly. If you get to keep those rates that's fabulous! Platinum passes are now up to $216 a piece!

Right... the discount on the pass itself. We pay in full for the pass every year. Not sure if they are dropping the discount for those who are paying monthly. If you get to keep those rates that's fabulous! Platinum passes are now up to $216 a piece!

Yikes! I hadn't realized they've gotten so expensive.

Well, we made it Wednesday. Have a great one everybody.

Afternoon all.
2 things of note.
Took both dogs out for a walk... and it worked! Older one didn't growl at the puppy. Puppy didn't just sit on her butt waiting to be picked up.
And speaking of puppy. Had her first howl today. Not sure why, but she did. I've decided that she's weird. Should fit right in with the rest of us.

We have 5 month old Bengal cats. Weirdest cats I have ever seen. Let's just say cats don't always land on their feet. These ones enjoy landing on pretty much anything except their feet. A blast, but very strange indeed. They love to be in the tub and in water, slamming into things/falling off things have no effect whatsoever and they enjoy climbing everything and anything to get as high as they can.

Saw the Yankees/Sox game over the weekend. Good game but the weather looked like it sucked. We just had a huge storm roll in, flood warning and lots of lightening. Seems to be easing off now.

Congrats!! To PP and the proud dad! It must feel good to be a few days from finishing. Wish her luck from us.

Yes, the weather has been pretty crappy. Still not going to let it get me down as the winter was glorious without the 6 feet of typical snow and freezing temps. Stay safe in those storms. I remember standing up to my ankles in Main Street once. Not pleasant, but certainly a story worth telling.

Welcome to the nut house.

Hi Don, like the new avatar.

RANDALL! How are you? good to see you hanging around here today.

May the 4th be with us, always.

I checked back to images from 20 years ago, I'm too old to remember, and nope they were not dressing that way. :rotfl2::rotfl2: DD wore her Vader dress to school today. Will try to post a picture later.

I wish I lived close enough to sneak out early. Enjoy!

'Morning all...
and may an adventurous 4th lay ahead of you.

Finally back to something that resembles "normal" or at least structured.
Able to drive again and have returned to work.
Hopefully I'll be able to better keep up with what's going on 'round here.
Good to be back out in the world.

Good Day Rob and welcome back. Glad things are better and you are getting back to normal.

Just to be completely wacky...
How about an actual Disney related question for y'all.

So, about when should I expect WDW to begin sales of September 2016 MNSSHP hard tickets?

Last year I seem to remember them going on sale beginning of June. We have several travel agents in the group that I am sure get notice right before or at the time they go on sale. Hopefully they'll let everyone know. Aaron? Steve? Thanks guys.

Of course I still can't get the January calendar to show for booking DDCC. Maybe soon I hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter