• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Lots of rain last night. Need to go and check on my landscaping and see if it survived. It is a quiet morning here as all are still sleeping.

Happy Memorial Day.

I lose it.
Now I didn't really think it was my responsibility to drive about an hour out of my way to pick up this girl...
but I would have, if there was a good reason.
But DON'T TELL ME ONE MINUTE BEFORE WE LEAVE!!!!

I was not a happy camper.
So I'm upset. Kay gets upset and says "Fine! I'll just take the bus and watch it by myself."
It's Sunday. Evening. There's probably no way she'll make it by bus either.

That sounds just like so many conversations with my 13 year old dd. I do hope they grow out of it soon.

Headed to FL in the AM, WDW on Tues! Wahoo!

Have a great trip.

Happy Memorial Day to all you Southerners.

Hope you enjoy the festivities and the BBQs.

Good morning and happy Memorial Day. God bless those who are serving and those who have served.

Been away from these Boards too long. I'm making an effort to get back here more frequently. FB just doesn't have the same cozy feel as the DIS.

We can see the end of the light for the school year coming to an end but ti has been a struggle keeping the kids focused for the home stretch. DD10 has straight A's for 3 marking periods and we're trying to keep her dialed in to finish out the year. She got into our school district's elevated math program and is skipping 5th grade for math. Next year she will go to the Intermediate school for math with her peers in the program. We're excited and scared to death.

The other cool thing is that DD10 got to sing the National Anthem with her orchestra class before the Pirates - NY Mets game on Sunday. It was very cool.

Happy Memorial Day everyone and thanks to all who served including my brother (Vietnam), my dad and uncles (WWII) and my grandfather (WWI). The kid is going to a friends house for a pool party and then we are grilling something. Don't know what my main course will be. Chicken? Ribs? Something from a cow? Open to suggestions.

Morning Guys.

Watching the cam was pretty cool yesterday, someday it would be nice to attend that event.

Hope you are all getting good weather for your long weekend.

We did it a couple of years ago. It was cool playing at the MK in the early morning hours. Talked to a CM and asked him if he liked working these crazy hours and he said he loved it. Guess the cast members like working it.

And then I found out what happened to her friend...

Scary stuff. Glad everything worked out and they made the movie.

What he said. Have a blast!

That sounds just like so many conversations with my 13 year old dd. I do hope they grow out of it.

They do. The next thing you know they will be flying off to Indonesia by themselves.

Good morning and happy Memorial Day. God bless those who are serving and those who have served.

Been away from these Boards too long. I'm making an effort to get back here more frequently. FB just doesn't have the same cozy feel as the DIS.

We can see the end of the light for the school year coming to an end but ti has been a struggle keeping the kids focused for the home stretch. DD10 has straight A's for 3 marking periods and we're trying to keep her dialed in to finish out the year. She got into our school district's elevated math program and is skipping 5th grade for math. Next year she will go to the Intermediate school for math with her peers in the program. We're excited and scared to death.

The other cool thing is that DD10 got to sing the National Anthem with her orchestra class before the Pirates - NY Mets game on Sunday. It was very cool.

Very cool on all counts. Good luck with your DD and her grades.

Remembering all those who gave their life to protect freedom around the world. This was written about the Canadian military but I think it still fits.

Good to see you back. Congrats to your dd on singing the anthem.

The kid is going to a friends house for a pool party and then we are grilling something. Don't know what my main course will be. Chicken? Ribs? Something from a cow? Open to suggestions.

They do. The next thing you know they will be flying off to Indonesia by themselves.

Grilled tofu? If you haven't started ribs, then I would go with chicken as it would be easier to grill at this late stage. Think your girl has room in her suitcase for mine? I'm ready to send her somewhere.

Grilled tofu? If you haven't started ribs, then I would go with chicken as it would be easier to grill at this late stage. Think your girl has room in her suitcase for mine? I'm ready to send her somewhere.

No Tofu, veggie bean burger for her. Decided on pig, and the ribs are on for a while now. Cooking time is 4 hours, not KY BBQ worthy but it will do. Went to make the rub and was missing half the spices so a quick trip to Publix was in order. Also on the menu is pasta salad and salt potatoes.

The kid is wearing a back pack so I doubt she could carry your daughter. If you can ship her in a suitcase, I promise I wil pick her up in Miami and get her packed up for the trip. Would have to charge you $50 for the extra bag to. Indonesia. She would land but no guarantees she would be allowed into the country. If she wants to swim with fishes (not in the Godfather sense), send her down here for a week.

The kid is wearing a back pack so I doubt she could carry your daughter. If you can ship her in a suitcase, I promise I wil pick her up in Miami and get her packed up for the trip. Would have to charge you $50 for the extra bag to. Indonesia. She would land but no guarantees she would be allowed into the country. If she wants to swim with fishes (not in the Godfather sense), send her down here for a week.

Good call on the ribs. I enjoy ribs, but they can take awhile to cook.

And, thanks for the offer. I would be more likely to ship myself down to Miami and leave them both here with their mother.

Not ready for the work week to start again even if it is on a Tuesday. Our normal chaotic routine is replaced this week with a different chaotic routine. no soccer this week, instead it's swim lessons Tue-Th and then next week M-Th.

Had a great weekend though/ Lots of fun social activities complemented by beautiful weather and a few beers with friends. And the kids were outside playing non-stop.

Good Morning Disney Fans!

Today in Disney History:

1928:
Walt Disney copyrights his Mickey Mouse film Plane Crazy.

1963:
The 15th EmmyAwards, hosted by Annette Funicello (an original Mouseketeer) and
Don Knotts (known for his role on The Andy Griffith Show), is held. Walt Disney's
Wonderful World of Color
NBC-TV series wins 2 Emmy Awards - one for Outstanding Program Achievement in
the Field of Children's Programming and a second for Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction and Scenic
Design (Carroll Clark - Art Director, Marvin Aubrey Davis - Scenic Designer).

Need to ask for prayers and warm thoughts for Jodi. If you don't know, I am getting my right knee replaced Thursday the 28th. I'll be in the hospital for a couple of days after that. Also her big sister and SIL's husband will be here the 29th to visit. When they come they stay at a B&B, but Jodi drives them around. Also Jodi's mother's 95th birthday is June 2nd, so they are going to have a party for her over the weekend. The planning and scheduling for their visit and MIL's birthday always seem to fall on Jodi's shoulders. So please keep Jodi in your thoughts and prayers to have the strength to hold up. Added to all this, Jodi is sick today, so she can Really use those prayers.

Thank You!
Randall

Last edited:
Need to ask for prayers and warm thoughts for Jodi. If you don't know, I am getting my right knee replaced Thursday the 28th. I'll be in the hospital for a couple of days after that. Also her big sister and SIL's husband will be here the 29th to visit. When they come they stay at a B&B, but Jodi drives them around. Also Jodi's mother's 95th birthday is June 2nd, so they are going to have a party for her over the weekend. The planning and scheduling for their visit and MIL's birthday always seem to fall on Jodi's shoulders. So please keep Jodi in your thoughts and prayers to have the strength to hold up. Added to all this, Jodi is sick today, so she can Really use those prayers.

Thank You!
Randall

You got it man! :thumbsup2

Thank You!
Randall

She's the best. Will be praying for her!

Morning guys. I'll check in on the last few pages later. Its been crazy around here with no real end in sight.

Top O the Morning Dads! My Blackhawks have "shot" just about every nerve I have this weekend........... with 2 OT games. Hope all had a good weekend and have a great short
Been a good day here. Spent the day doing as little as possible, watched DS and his soccer team win their league opener with a dominating display of ball control and possession soccer, unfortunately that did mean we missed DW race in her first 5K. Pretty proud of her, she finished with a time just over 32 minutes good enough for 88th out of about 230 runners and 18th in her age class.
Congrats to the kids :thumbsup2
Safe travels and enjoy DaWorld

Welcome back and congrats to DD on the Anthem :thumbsup2
And, thanks for the offer. I would be more likely to ship myself down to Miami and leave them both here with their mother.
Not if me and DS beat you to it! Whatever nerves the Hawks have not "shot", DW & DD stomped on.

Thank You!
Randall
You bet ya boss. Extra volumes been sent for Jodi and all the best with the knee replacement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter