DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

OK, so this begs the question. Where are all the dads hanging out now that DIS is so slow? With the off and on connections I get here, I was thinking maybe, just maybe, it would be a little easier to connect. Of course I would still be checking in daily as my connection allows.

I find it easier to connect to FB these days, especially with my phone.

OK, so this begs the question. Where are all the dads hanging out now that DIS is so slow? With the off and on connections I get here, I was thinking maybe, just maybe, it would be a little easier to connect. Of course I would still be checking in daily as my connection allows.

Facebook. The Cool Kids are drinking in the Pub!

While gas is great for removing dirt from your hands, the smell doesn't quite go away as fast. The only way I can think to get the gas smell out of my hands is to use bleach, which isn't much better.

See, his momma raised him right.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Be polite when you steal? Sounds like a wonderful family of origin.

Thanks Barry, he has a tryout this weekend for the U15 provincial team if he decides to go. His travel soccer team is going full bore so I'm not sure what he plans to do.

Good luck on the tryouts. Nice that he has tough choices.

First of all... I'm sorry she broke her finger. But that picture is hilarious! :lmao:

That's my kid. Now she can give someone the finger and they won't even know if she doing it on purpose.

Speaking of planting, when do you start? Or have you already started?

Actually......Well, no. Not really. I don't wish dental work on even my nemie. Never really liked going to the dentist. Would prefer to spend that hard earned money on trips to the World. Of course you may end up eating your food through a straw, but hey....Your in the World.:rolleyes1

We are in complete agreement. Speaking of which, when is your trip?

Don't forget that the water temperature rarely gets above 70°. That should be a selling point as well. :thumbsup2

and during the winter months she could study the ice.

Two more good points. Why didn't you tell me about this before I paid for the Indonesia trip?

Speaking of planting, when do you start? Or have you already started?
I haven't been posting here much, but we started a little over a week ago. Progress is coming along really well actually. We could be done faster than ever. There's rain expected this weekend and we could possibly have the corn planted at least, before the rain hits. We've still got a long ways to go planting soybeans though.

We did have a breakdown over the weekend with the corn planter. We had 2 John Deere service techs out for about 10 hours on Saturday trying to fix it. At 9pm, they ended up getting it to work by sticking a spring out of an ink pen into a valve. The most ridiculous thing I've ever witnessed.

The Cool Kids are drinking in the Pub!

You know it.

being_cool_t_shirt_p235761854085881911yeis_400_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

'Morning all...

Good Morning Campers!
Morning Randall, what time is arts and crafts?

Right after he gets his shorts down from the top of the flag pole.

The Cool Kids are drinking in the Pub!

Only the cool kids huh?
That pretty much rules me out.

I haven't been posting here much, but we started a little over a week ago. Progress is coming along really well actually. We could be done faster than ever. There's rain expected this weekend and we could possibly have the corn planted at least, before the rain hits. We've still got a long ways to go planting soybeans though.

So how'd it go yesterday?
hopefully y'all will get most of it done before the weather turns sour.

So how'd it go yesterday?
hopefully y'all will get most of it done before the weather turns sour.
Not bad at all. I actually parked the big tillage tractor at about 8pm last night, and unless something out of the ordinary happens, I'll only be getting back in it to clean it up, service it, get the A/C repaired and put it away for the summer. I've got all the ground worked up that will be planted in corn. Dad got well over 200 acres of corn planted yesterday and parked the tractor while there was still daylight. As of this morning He's got 78 acres left to plant. As long as there are no more surprises, corn should all be in the ground well before we see any rain. It's actually working out very well. All of our corn was planted within about a week and a half time frame and should come up nicely if we get this rain. We've got the ground plenty warm now and if we get some moisture, it should really start popping up here in the next week to 10 days.

As I've mentioned in my TR, Dad and I take care of the corn. My uncle and cousins plant our soybeans. I don't know what the Beverly is going on with them. I tend to not pay attention, nor do I have time to pay attention to what's going on with them while Dad and I are busy. But they started a day before we did. They worked all day Saturday while our corn planter was out of commission. And they still have over 500 acres left. Since the bulk of the beans left to be planted are mine and Dad's, I'm sure we'll be called back into action at some point. It just has a funny way of working out that way sometimes. :rolleyes1

It will be a while getting finished up with beans, with all this moisture coming in. But that's fine. Beans can be safely planted for another 3 - 4 weeks. It isn't as urgent to get them in the ground yet and we'd really like to see some rain on the corn.

Not bad at all. I actually parked the big tillage tractor at about 8pm last night, and unless something out of the ordinary happens, I'll only be getting back in it to clean it up, service it, get the A/C repaired and put it away for the summer. I've got all the ground worked up that will be planted in corn. Dad got well over 200 acres of corn planted yesterday and parked the tractor while there was still daylight. As of this morning He's got 78 acres left to plant. As long as there are no more surprises, corn should all be in the ground well before we see any rain. It's actually working out very well. All of our corn was planted within about a week and a half time frame and should come up nicely if we get this rain. We've got the ground plenty warm now and if we get some moisture, it should really start popping up here in the next week to 10 days.

As I've mentioned in my TR, Dad and I take care of the corn. My uncle and cousins plant our soybeans. I don't know what the Beverly is going on with them. I tend to not pay attention, nor do I have time to pay attention to what's going on with them while Dad and I are busy. But they started a day before we did. They worked all day Saturday while our corn planter was out of commission. And they still have over 500 acres left. Since the bulk of the beans left to be planted are mine and Dad's, I'm sure we'll be called back into action at some point. It just has a funny way of working out that way sometimes. :rolleyes1

It will be a while getting finished up with beans, with all this moisture coming in. But that's fine. Beans can be safely planted for another 3 - 4 weeks. It isn't as urgent to get them in the ground yet and we'd really like to see some rain on the corn.

Sounds like y'all done good.
Well, except for the bit where you often end up having to go back out to save someone else's bacon, but even that just shows the level of dedication you're putting into it.

Happy Friday all. Everyone ready for Mother's Day? I'm taking DW to see the Avengers Sunday.

We did have a breakdown over the weekend with the corn planter. We had 2 John Deere service techs out for about 10 hours on Saturday trying to fix it. At 9pm, they ended up getting it to work by sticking a spring out of an ink pen into a valve. The most ridiculous thing I've ever witnessed.

That sounds like the way I fix most everything. I should start my own business. :lmao:

Top 'O the Morning Dads! Everyone getting ready for a good weekend I trust.

Seems like your Hawks are rolling.

TGIF - Off to Mohegan Sun later today for a hoop tournament with DD. She was invited to play in Nationals at the end of June in Virginia. Need to figure out if I can get the time off. Hope everyone has a great weekend and be good to those Moms.

Facebook. The Cool Kids are drinking in the Pub!

Awwwww! Can I be one of the cool kids? How do I get into the FB group? You can pretend you don't know me if I'm not cool enough.

We are in complete agreement. Speaking of which, when is your trip?

August 20-27th. Brent is supposed to be there around then as well, but not sure he booked it yet. Let me know if you are in the Orlando area then.

Good Morning Campers!

Good Morning. Can I go swimming today? That fungus is gone, I swear.

Looks like you've been busy. Keep up he good work and prayers for a great growing season.

Top 'O the Morning Dads! Everyone getting ready for a good weekend I trust.

:wave: Still in the playoffs, huh? Enjoy watching the games. My weekend starts in exactly24 minutes. :cool1::banana::banana::banana::cool1:

Good Morning Campers!

rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

Well, it is up here, anyway. 1C or 34F. You pick.

Right after he gets his shorts down from the top of the flag pole.

:laughing:

get the A/C repaired

Please do. We don't want any more pictures of your mud encrusted appendages.

It's actually working out very well.

DON'T JINX IT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter