DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! After work, I am going to try and play Hot Shots Golf Fore! on the PS2. It is little goals in life.

It's Tuesday and I have missed several days again.:sad2: Internet acting up at work again, basketball regular season done and trying to coordinate playoff game and practice schedules for 20 teams. It's been crazy, but I think it is finally coming together. My team finished 13-2, DD's team 12-4. We start the road to the championships on Saturday. Got two more phone calls from teams looking to recruit DD to play this spring. I'm thinking she should play for the highest bidder.:thumbsup2 Hope everyone has a good week. The sun is out here for a change so things are looking up!

Hi Guys! So Wednesday morning I get called into a meeting with the President and VP of HR for the new company who own us. Yup, they were sorry to tell me that my job has been eliminated. Saw it coming, company doesn't need two purchasing dept. Not sure what road I'm going to take on this next adventure of mine, but I do know what I'm going to do next. My last day is March 31st, I'll leave work no later that 2:30 to get on a flight at 4:00 to Disney! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear Randall. Prayers on finding a new path of success. A Disney trip sure sounds like a good way to forget about it for a while.

Got my own little ray of 2015 crapola yesterday. Due to an accounting error, I now owe the IRS $12,500. Money put away for a car is now gone.

Ouch!:eek::faint: Haven't even started the taxes yet. Maybe next week. Not sure who your accountant is, but it may be time for a new one. Here's hoping you find another accounting error that reverses the charges.

That's good. I was thinking you were old enough to retire. I'm still hoping for 8 more years, but it may be closer to 12.

I have at least 15 years I think before retirement is on the table. Would like to retire early, but unlikely as college starts in 3 years for the kids. Hoping to get them through without significant debt. I'm with Randall. Hitting the lotto needs to take a higher priority. Good luck getting out of there in 8.

Morning Dave, Morning everyone. It's a Disney $$ OT Sunday today

:thumbsup2 I'm hoping for a year end bonus in June to pay for our trip. We have saved the money, but may need to dig into that to fix the roof and get all the damage repaired from the snow/ice dams. Insurance company is covering some of it, but a new roof won't be cheap. After this winter and a few other things that we have had to deal with, we are going to Disney in August if it kills me.

I know working hourly vs. salary has it's drawbacks, but I wish we could get paid OT. My typical week is 50-65 hours if you count the hours I work at home. Keep up the efforts, Alexandra has not stopped talking about meeting up and our BOG dinner since we booked it.

Not to pile on but my follow up on the Kidneys showed another "build up" and need to go get a ultrasound in a week to confirm if it is a stone or just calcium buildup.

And this one can be looked at a couple of ways, DD got engaged this past Friday. Wasn't a "had to" if you know what I mean and their has been a ton of family discussions. He is in the Navy and new assignment is San Diego end of March so when he will be home is always a big guessing game and he wanted family & friends around. DDS is staying in school and will be finishing up her next two years and he will be working on his courses in the Navy as well the next two years before they plan to say I do - wish me luck :scared:

Best of luck on the kidneys, prayers being sent. Hopefully it's just routine and no stones.

Congratulations! A couple of ways? Glad it wasn't a "had to". Since the post was pretty positive, I'll assume the young man is acceptable to you and is a good guy. Sounds like they have a pretty solid plan to finish up school and get things in order. Us guys with young DD's are panicked with the thought of boys and dating.

I appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts along the way. I got released yesterday afternoon and moved into the hotel across the street. We may try and get back to Appalachia tomorrow or Wednesday but I have to see if the water is back on first. According to the MD the surgery was textbook and we will just have to wait on the biopsy to know if chemo and/or radiation are necessary. I can't believe how sore my belly but if that is the worst I have to deal with it I am blessed. I am still on the green side of the sod so I am doubly blessed.

Lastly, March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month so encourage your loved ones, and even those you don't like, to get screened. Colon Cancer is treatable if caught early.

Now back to the Percocet.

Glad everything was textbook and continued prayers! Hope everything comes out on the positive side and you feel better soon.

Evening guys. Another 5-8 inches of snow predicted here for Wednesday. Get the hookups ready, CJ.

Stay safe! You may want to get there and settled before CJ starts charging rent, he needs to pay the tax man.

Top O the Morning Dads! Won a few bucks here in Vegas last night and will be enough for me to ensure coming out ahead. Got more ice storms coming through the home front the next couple of days and of course I am out of town again.
It's Tuesday and I have missed several days again.:sad2: Internet acting up at work again, basketball regular season done and trying to coordinate playoff game and practice schedules for 20 teams. It's been crazy, but I think it is finally coming together. My team finished 13-2, DD's team 12-4. We start the road to the championships on Saturday. Got two more phone calls from teams looking to recruit DD to play this spring. I'm thinking she should play for the highest bidder.:thumbsup2 Hope everyone has a good week. The sun is out here for a change so things are looking up!

:thumbsup2 I'm hoping for a year end bonus in June to pay for our trip. We have saved the money, but may need to dig into that to fix the roof and get all the damage repaired from the snow/ice dams. Insurance company is covering some of it, but a new roof won't be cheap. After this winter and a few other things that we have had to deal with, we are going to Disney in August if it kills me.

I know working hourly vs. salary has it's drawbacks, but I wish we could get paid OT. My typical week is 50-65 hours if you count the hours I work at home. Keep up the efforts, Alexandra has not stopped talking about meeting up and our BOG dinner since we booked it.
Congrats to Da Coach and DD on the hoops results and good luck with the playoff run.

All the best to you and Big Tiki with your upcoming trips and again sorry about the damages left by Elsa. I'm with ya on the hours worked counting the time away from the office doing things.

Best of luck on the kidneys, prayers being sent. Hopefully it's just routine and no stones.

Congratulations! A couple of ways? Glad it wasn't a "had to". Since the post was pretty positive, I'll assume the young man is acceptable to you and is a good guy. Sounds like they have a pretty solid plan to finish up school and get things in order. Us guys with young DD's are panicked with the thought of boys and dating.
Thanks, Yea he is a good kid and we have known him for a few years, they started out as real good friends before getting together. The timing didn't make sense to me but with his navy responsibilities / assignment it is right to them so all ya can do is support them and help them along the way.

For those of you that haven't seen it. Here is the tag line under the title of our DIS Dads forum:

Dads of the DIS talk about life, bacon, Disney, bacon, kids, bacon, cars, bacon, family life, and lots of other fun stuff! And beer. And bacon.

Evening gentlemen. Heading back to Appalachia in the AM before the next winter storm hits. Stay safe the rest of you that are in the path as well. You guys up north should shut the door. It has been a record setting long frigid winter.

... My team finished 13-2, DD's team 12-4. We start the road to the championships on Saturday. Got two more phone calls from teams looking to recruit DD to play this spring. I'm thinking she should play for the highest bidder.:thumbsup2 ....

Congrats to your DD and well done to you and the Mrs for supporting her efforts to reach that level.

As her agent will get a cut of the bid? :rotfl2: Congrats to the both of them for outstanding seasons.

We are stoked as well. Everyone is excited to a big gathering meal.

Slowly getting the ADRs set, and so far so good. With all the stuff going on, we haven't booked the trip proper yet, waiting for some sort of deal to cover it a bit, so it's one booking at a time.

So far we have: T-Rex
Teppan Edo
Garden Grill
Hollywood & Vine ( surprising Audrey, who really wants to meet Doc McStuffins, only place she appears now)
Mama Melrose (Fantasmic)
Crystal Palace
Whispering Canyon.

Still to grab
Tusker
Sci Fi
Cape May
Beirgarten

Evening gentlemen. Heading back to Appalachia in the AM before the next winter storm hits. Stay safe the rest of you that are in the path as well. You guys up north should shut the door. It has been a record setting long frigid winter.

I'm ready to stock up the larder and not come out till May. The mixed weather today was brutal, a huge slushy mess tonight

Local schools cancelled tomorrow. Snow isn't supposed to get here until the afternoon. I am so tired of the snow.

I have at least 15 years I think before retirement is on the table. Would like to retire early, but unlikely as college starts in 3 years for the kids. Hoping to get them through without significant debt. I'm with Randall. Hitting the lotto needs to take a higher priority. Good luck getting out of there in 8.

Sadly, it won't be 8. House will be paid off in 5 more years, college for oldest starts in 5 years, and I get free tuition for her if I'm still working. As long as that benefit is there, I don't think I can turn it down.

Stay safe! You may want to get there and settled before CJ starts charging rent, he needs to pay the tax man.

I'll pay the rent with his credit card number. :lmao:

Stay safe. Another blast of snow on the way.

Morning guys. I have made all of our ADR's. We a planning on purchasing the dining plan:

Boma
Be Our Guest
Whispering Canyon
Teppan Edo
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickeys
Boma- breakfast the morning we leave

List looks good, David. Should be a hit with all the kids!

Is BOG lunch, dinner, or both?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter