DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Been waiting a good long while to be able to say this...

Ticker Check!
Congrats, take good care of the Fantasy for U.S. before our July trip
Hi Guys! So Wednesday morning I get called into a meeting with the President and VP of HR for the new company who own us. Yup, they were sorry to tell me that my job has been eliminated. Saw it coming, company doesn't need two purchasing dept. Not sure what road I'm going to take on this next adventure of mine, but I do know what I'm going to do next. My last day is March 31st, I'll leave work no later that 2:30 to get on a flight at 4:00 to Disney! :thumbsup2
Very sorry to hear this Randall, positive thoughts that all works out for you, especially that Lotto thing
Got my own little ray of 2015 crapola yesterday. Due to an accounting error, I now owe the IRS $12,500. Money put away for a car is now gone.
Ouch that sucks!

Not to pile on but my follow up on the Kidneys showed another "build up" and need to go get a ultrasound in a week to confirm if it is a stone or just calcium buildup.

And this one can be looked at a couple of ways, DD got engaged this past Friday. Wasn't a "had to" if you know what I mean and their has been a ton of family discussions. He is in the Navy and new assignment is San Diego end of March so when he will be home is always a big guessing game and he wanted family & friends around. DDS is staying in school and will be finishing up her next two years and he will be working on his courses in the Navy as well the next two years before they plan to say I do - wish me luck :scared:

Who Do You Think You Are, Barry? Put some pants on!

PS: Looks fun.

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

And this one can be looked at a couple of ways, DD got engaged this past Friday. Wasn't a "had to" if you know what I mean and their has been a ton of family discussions. He is in the Navy and new assignment is San Diego end of March so when he will be home is always a big guessing game and he wanted family & friends around. DDS is staying in school and will be finishing up her next two years and he will be working on his courses in the Navy as well the next two years before they plan to say I do - wish me luck :scared:

Prayers all goes well with the kidney. Congrats to dd on her engagement.

Well congrats on DD's engagement, and good luck on the kidneys. Hopefully its not the other way 'round.

Thanks gents...
Currently getting over one right nasty cold virus. It kicked my pretty good for a couple of days there but now has just settled into the realm of merely annoying. The biggist issue I've had of late though was work related. Setting up all the processing required to start off for the new year takes a lot of dedicated effort and doesn't allow much time for distractions, but things are starting to clear up on that front as well.

Now, in the midst of all that nonsense though I also had undergo a colonoscopy along with the truly lovley prep work required by such. I happen to have reached the exact age where my mother lost her fight with cancer that began in that particular area so I've been allowing runaway concerns to dominate my thinking just a bit for the past few weeks. My results from that nastiness were much better then feared though; turns out that I'm in good shape (realitivaly speaking). They found one polyp, yanked it out, and sent me home (they're testing the accursed thing but think it's precancerous and aren't concerned at this time). Given the family history, I have to do this every five years from now on though, but knowing my current condition had lifted one almighty load off my shoulders.

Glad you made out OK Rob and now relax and now on with enjoying life!

Happy Friday!! We watched Big Hero 6 last night. We really enjoyed it. We paid for our room yesterday so it is official, we're going to Disney World!! The kids have no idea and we will not tell them anything until after the magic bands arrive and we are about 2-3 weeks out. Randall, please add my crazy family down for being in the world 5/9-5/15. We worked hard to pull this off. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate being together for a year as a family of eight.

Congratulations!

Been waiting a good long while to be able to say this...

Ticker Check!

That is how you get on with enjoying life. Happy trip.

Hi Guys! So Wednesday morning I get called into a meeting with the President and VP of HR for the new company who own us. Yup, they were sorry to tell me that my job has been eliminated. Saw it coming, company doesn't need two purchasing dept. Not sure what road I'm going to take on this next adventure of mine, but I do know what I'm going to do next. My last day is March 31st, I'll leave work no later that 2:30 to get on a flight at 4:00 to Disney! :thumbsup2

Prayers for the next step on your journey and thanks for updating the gentlemen for me.

Got my own little ray of 2015 crapola yesterday. Due to an accounting error, I now owe the IRS $12,500. Money put away for a car is now gone.

Ouch.

I'm sure I missed a few posts along the way, but prayers, congratulations and best wishes to you all. I appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts along the way. I got released yesterday afternoon and moved into the hotel across the street. We may try and get back to Appalachia tomorrow or Wednesday but I have to see if the water is back on first. According to the MD the surgery was textbook and we will just have to wait on the biopsy to know if chemo and/or radiation are necessary. I can't believe how sore my belly but if that is the worst I have to deal with it I am blessed. I am still on the green side of the sod so I am doubly blessed.

Lastly, March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month so encourage your loved ones, and even those you don't like, to get screened. Colon Cancer is treatable if caught early.

Now back to the Percocet.

In Disney, my weakness' are Dole Whips and Jasmine.
:thumbsup:

Yet another reason why my nemesis stinks.
Mine pushed me off a cliff.

It is aboard the Fantasy. That's the only ship in the fleet that I've not yet been aboard. It's also an eastern itinerary which we've not done yet so there's a double win. Y'all are also correct that Steve happens to be headed out of the same sailing, so meeting him and his family is something else I'm looking forward to. Should be quite the adventure.
Are all three of you going, or just you and the Mrs?

For the record, I almost always wear pants while fishing.

Congratulations!

I'm sure I missed a few posts along the way, but prayers, congratulations and best wishes to you all. I appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts along the way. I got released yesterday afternoon and moved into the hotel across the street. We may try and get back to Appalachia tomorrow or Wednesday but I have to see if the water is back on first. According to the MD the surgery was textbook and we will just have to wait on the biopsy to know if chemo and/or radiation are necessary. I can't believe how sore my belly but if that is the worst I have to deal with it I am blessed. I am still on the green side of the sod so I am doubly blessed.

Lastly, March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month so encourage your loved ones, and even those you don't like, to get screened. Colon Cancer is treatable if caught early.

Glad it all went well!

'Morning all...

Doing a little fishing this morning...
View attachment 80284

Better then sitting in the office.
Well... your "office" is better then mine to begin with, so it's a win-win either way.

:rotfl2:

no guarantees, but we'll make every attempt no to sink her.

Not to pile on but my follow up on the Kidneys showed another "build up" and need to go get a ultrasound in a week to confirm if it is a stone or just calcium buildup.

quite the mixture of news there...
May the docs help you get the kidney issues straightened out quickly and may may y'all figure out a way to prevent that stuff in the future. I do believe you've had more than you share of that nonsense now.

Well wishes to your girl on several points.
Congrats on finding who she wants to share her world with...
Double congrats on deciding to finish the schooling first.
Much patience will be needed all around, and if that strength is there, it bodes well for the future.

Textbook is good. A decent pathology report will be better, so the prayers will continue.
Heal quickly, and use the meds well (they're hard to come by).

I thought Tim was the one with those pics....:-)

:rotfl:

Are all three of you going, or just you and the Mrs?

He'll have finished his 2nd year at WCU before then so the young'en will be tagging along.
Of course, he's really no longer a young'en. The up side to that is that we can all go anywhere on the ship and at CC that we want, so there are even more options of things to get into this time around.

For the record, I almost always wear pants while fishing.

for the record, we'll take your word for it so pics ain't necessary
:lmao:

:eek: Sorry to hear about this, Randall! Sure does sound like a new adventure is waiting for you ahead. Prayers for you, brother!

Hope the ultrasound shows nothing abnormal. Stones sound very painful to me.

Gotta watch those Navy guys... nothin but trouble. :rotfl2: On a more serious note... glad to hear it's not a "had to".

Doing a little fishing this morning...
Sweet! Looks like fun... (I hope you were holding a beer in your other hand)

:rotfl2:

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

Glad everything went well Shawn! Prayers that the pathology is favorable. :hug:

I thought Tim was the one with those pics....:-)
Yes. Yes he is.

Mine pushed me off a cliff.
True story!

The up side to that is that we can all go anywhere on the ship and at CC that we want, so there are even more options of things to get into this time around.
Nice ticker there Rob!!! Sounds like a great time in the making!!! :hyper:

Prayers for the next step on your journey and thanks for updating the gentlemen for me.

He also updated us guys here as well as these mysterious "gentlemen"

Glad to hear it went textbook, will still be sending out a lot of prayers for favourable results.

Still haven't solved the computer but am struggling through it. It is going to tough to catch up but a couple of things...

Rob, congrats on the ticker.

Very sorry to hear this Randall, positive thoughts that all works out for you, especially that Lotto thing

Ouch that sucks!

Engaged? Glad it was discussed and the plans are in the works. Congrats to the bride to be.

Glad you made out OK Rob and now relax and now on with enjoying life!

Congratulations!

That is how you get on with enjoying life. Happy trip.

Ouch.

Glad it went well and make sure you stay on the green side of the sod. Listen to your doctor with his Percocet prescription.

Evening Guys.

I'm back on Atlantic Standard Time, red eye charter from the west coast last night was only delayed 2 hours. The Canada Games were a success for our little province, 13 medals overall but we were also the province that had the most improvement over the games in 2011. Lots of fun watching these athletes perform at this level. The days were long, the organization at the top was a bit scattered but everyone seemed to have a good time.

I hope everyone here is doing well; I tried to keep up a bit so congrats to all who deserve them and prayers for all those that need them.

Evening guys. Another 5-8 inches of snow predicted here for Wednesday. Get the hookups ready, CJ.

Evening gents. Out in Vegas for the week at a customer convention which is not a bad place to be but its lows of 40 overnight here. I have never been here before with temps that low - and I have been here tons.
Prayers all goes well with the kidney. Congrats to dd on her engagement.

Well congrats on DD's engagement, and good luck on the kidneys. Hopefully its not the other way 'round.

Congratulations!

quite the mixture of news there...
May the docs help you get the kidney issues straightened out quickly and may may y'all figure out a way to prevent that stuff in the future. I do believe you've had more than you share of that nonsense now.

Well wishes to your girl on several points.
Congrats on finding who she wants to share her world with...
Double congrats on deciding to finish the schooling first.
Much patience will be needed all around, and if that strength is there, it bodes well for the future.

Hope the ultrasound shows nothing abnormal. Stones sound very painful to me.

Gotta watch those Navy guys... nothin but trouble. :rotfl2: On a more serious note... glad to hear it's not a "had to".

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

Engaged? Glad it was discussed and the plans are in the works. Congrats to the bride to be.

Thank you gentlemen and it is sinking in a bit where I am better with it. Plus like I said, I'm in Vegas and may not come back :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Glad things went well and here's to good biopsy results and a quick recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter