DDC XXVII: Penguins in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave2:

Morning Dads...

Been busy round here... haven't had much time to catch up, let alone post.

Thursday was our 14th anniversary. Yaay us!

I also picked up some tickets for DD's 11'th Birthday to go see Wizard Of Oz.

Happy 14th Anniversary! How many American years is that?

Didn't see the game. DD scored a goal in a 2-2 game. She put on an awesome display of ball skills - juked 2 defenders, and hard shot on the goal. She had anther shot, but hit the pole. We had lots more shots, but they had some great keeper play. The only thing holding her back in soccer is her speed, which is something I don't know how to help her with.

some combination of wearing bacon and DisDad marathon training?? could be a win-win.

Afternoon gentlemen.

My back is doing much better. I have been off Vicodin since Wednesday. The rest of the week I've just been using Advil.

I'm looking at new cars to replace the rusty trusty Explorer. A new mid range priced Explorer would be over $38K. :scared1:

On a good note, Sun Country just published October airfares. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Glad to hear your back is feeling better.

Hey was great time. Will be looking to do it again!! Thanks for the motivation you really helped get me through my first race ,i am glad i decided to try and do it. All i can say for the guys that are not on the running band wagon yet, there is still time to hop on.

Great Job!

Going over Social Studies with my son tonight, I asked him who Sacaqawea explored with his answer was George Jefferson, talk about movin on up:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Although that would have been quite interesting:confused3

Going over Social Studies with my son tonight, I asked him who Sacaqawea explored with his answer was George Jefferson, talk about movin on up:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Although that would have been quite interesting:confused3

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

DS's team had a rough day at the provincial championships, dropping both games to finish up with the bronze medal. Pretty proud of DS, he was player of the game in their first game today and ended up being named to the tournament all-star team.

Congrats to him on the all star team and third place. He knows what to play for next year.

Thanks. I trust that whereever you were, you were doing your part as well!

I did. I was sitting on the couch, preventing it from flying up in the air.

I mentioned this at the race this weekend. I saw a Groupon recently for the Zombie race in Long Island. 5K and 15K obstacle run with zombies!! The long island run is on 5/5, which I had targeted for a 10k originally. But, there are other locations and dates:

Dallas, TX - 4/28
Long Island, NY - 5/5
Pennsylvania - 5/19
Massachussetts - 8/18
Long Island II - TBA
Ohio - 9/22
New Jersey - TBA
Maryland/DC - TBA

website for info: http://www.zombierace.co/index.php

Home again, good little weekend away, still one more day off to go see the doc for a follow-up.

I'm sure they are way more cool now, but I remember using the one electic pallet jack and forklift. But, it was still more fun to have the plain old pallet jack races in the store room. That wasn't in the training manual.

Funny, that was what the training was trying to prevent, go figure. Besides, stores don't have the riding versions, warehouses aren't big enough

Home again, good little weekend away, still one more day off to go see the doc for a follow-up.

Funny, that was what the training was trying to prevent, go figure. Besides, stores don't have the riding versions, warehouses aren't big enough

I figured that. We would sit on the electric one, backwards, and have to lower the handle pass the safety point and ride it. But, it wasn't very fast. We wild stack all the pallets with the fork lift out of the way, and have an oval race in the stock room. We rode the pallet jacks like scooters.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I know a few Dads live near Easton PA, I have found 2 Gift Auctions there that have 4 Disney Hopper passes as prizes, in April, if anyone is interested on where they are let me know and I'll send you the info, They are possible to win I've won them twice and hope to win some during one of the gift auctions near me in April:thumbsup2

:wave2:

Morning Dads...

Been busy round here... haven't had much time to catch up, let alone post.

Thursday was our 14th anniversary. Yaay us!

I also picked up some tickets for DD's 11'th Birthday to go see Wizard Of Oz.

Happy Anniversary to Mr. And Mrs. Controller of the Universe :thumbsup2

Morning guys. Looks like we got about 7" of snow here on the west side of Indy. It will be in the 50's for Easter :confused3

Hope everyone has a great Monday. It's a short work week here :cool1:

Morning everyone

Morning guys. Looks like we got about 7" of snow here on the west side of Indy. It will be in the 50's for Easter :confused3

Stop with that "s" word, would you? :rotfl2: Supposed to be a nice week here, temps around the seasonal norms, which would be nice. Except Wednesday, they talk of a bit of rain/snow mix.:sad2:

Good Morning David. No snow for me thanks, I've had enough.:lmao:

Morning everyone

Stop with that "s" word, would you? :rotfl2: Supposed to be a nice week here, temps around the seasonal norms, which would be nice. Except Wednesday, they talk of a bit of rain/snow mix.:sad2:

Morning Brent. :wave2: Can you guys do us a favor and take back your cool weather pattern? Dealing with high 30's/low 40's due to the jet stream.

Morning Guys.

2 days in the office this week and then it is back to Florida! :cool1::cool1:

Hey Darcy, Have a great trip. I love short work weeks.:thumbsup2

DIsney Morning Guys!

Have a happy rainy Monday.

Matt

Hey Matt.

Good morning Dads. DS birthday today (I now have a teenager in our house and feel old) and he did not want to go to school today. He has MCAS testing today which we affectionately call it the Mass. Child Abuse System.:rotfl2::rotfl2: Testing is basically preparing to take the test in high school and DS felt he should not have to take it on his birthday.

He got a new pitcher/infield glove, a few checks and models for his birthday. Went to texas Roadhouse for some bacon wrapped filet to celebrate with the grandparents.

Have a good day all!

Morning Guys.

2 days in the office this week and then it is back to Florida! :cool1::cool1:

Sweet! Makes the 5 month wait feel mch much longer! :rotfl2:

Morning Brent. :wave2: Can you guys do us a favor and take back your cool weather pattern? Dealing with high 30's/low 40's due to the jet stream.

Good morning Dads. DS birthday today (I now have a teenager in our house and feel old) and he did not want to go to school today. He has MCAS testing today which we affectionately call it the Mass. Child Abuse System.:rotfl2::rotfl2: Testing is basically preparing to take the test in high school and DS felt he should not have to take it on his birthday.

Happy Birthday to DS!

Yeah, I'm trying to find someone to take the cold weather from us too. I've had more then enough.

Hey guys, this may be off topic, but just a quick heads up.

If you, or anyone you know, is driving down to Disney for a Spring Break.

The Florida Highway Patrol is currently running a "Zero Tolerance" operation on I 95, I 75, I 4 and the Turnpike.

Seriously, they are not playing. They "might" give you ten over....they "might" not.

On the way to work this morning I was passed by Three Minivans (yes, Barry, I said minivans). One from Connecticut, one from New Jersey and one from Maryland. All of them moving over 80 mph (I admit I was shocked and had to double check my speed to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing:lmao:)

The reason I was "passed" by them is that they were headed into what is locally known as a "Florida Highway Patrol Nesting Area". I had sense to slow down and not rile them up---no need to kick the fireant bed.

Sure enough, all three of them were pulled over about two miles up the road.

I tried to warn them, but if an unmarked Charger with blacked out windows and multiple LEDs can't slow you down---a trooper will happily oblige "up the road".

Fair warning.

He got a new pitcher/infield glove, a few checks and models for his birthday. Went to texas Roadhouse for some bacon wrapped filet to celebrate with the grandparents.

Have a good day all!

Texas Roadhouse.

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Happy birthday to your DS.

Hey guys, this may be off topic, but just a quick heads up.

Um, Fed, remember where you're posting this... :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I wish I was going to be down that way this week, but instead I'll be hanging around here and enjoying the snow. Thanks for the warning anyway. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter