DDC XXVII: Penguins in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers for DW and your family. I does get better with time. I lost my grandmother a few years ago and it took me a long time to get there, but every day will make it a little better. Grew up with her right next door my whole life.

Not sure if it will help, but for me it was remembering all the things we did together over the years and the joy she left behind in our family that helped me feel better.

Thank you,
I have been letting DW grieve and helping by bring those memories up. She knows it will get better but I don't think she is done with the shock of loosing her.

I am posting to ask you to keep my wife's family in your thoughts, My wife lost her Grandma on Wensday less than 24 hour from us returning from a week in Disney and my wife is not in a good place right now. My wife was very close to her Grandma and she is having a hard time with this. Tonight I had to return to work from vacation and she is all alone for the first time since she lost her Grandma. Please keep us in your thoughts as we venture the wake and funneral this weekend.
If I am unable to get back Thank You all for the opertunity to be part of your group and Thank You for supporting me and my Wife's family though this rought time.
Jason
:littleangel:

Sorry to hear about your family's loss. Give your wife a big hug from all of us.

Sorry to hear about your family's loss. Give your wife a big hug from all of us.

Will do, she just text me to say she was curling up with the dog and finally going to bed.

Hi guys,
I know I have been abset from the board for awile and I hope to be able to post more in the near future.

I am posting to ask you to keep my wife's family in your thoughts, My wife lost her Grandma on Wensday less than 24 hour from us returning from a week in Disney and my wife is not in a good place right now. My wife was very close to her Grandma and she is having a hard time with this. Tonight I had to return to work from vacation and she is all alone for the first time since she lost her Grandma. Please keep us in your thoughts as we venture the wake and funneral this weekend.
If I am unable to get back Thank You all for the opertunity to be part of your group and Thank You for supporting me and my Wife's family though this rought time.
Jason
:littleangel:

Praying for your family, Jason.

Thank you everyone that have reached out with you prayer and thoughts.
We start the process today of placing DW Grandma to rest.

Shoulder is still in pain but manageable.

Going back to dr for more Meds or going to try and keep the routine? Pain stinks. As for my bracket, the pain is no more - it is now dead.

We just bought discount tickets for Disney on Ice when they come to Austin on May 16th.
I get to give my youngest DD her Disney treat as a birthday present cause she doesn't know we are doing to the world in August.

Cool. Great birthday present and trip appetizer.

Good morning, Guys. The black plague is still lingering at my house...at least with me. Thought I was on the rebound and I wake up with my head\sinus issues. Was planning to ski tomorrow but I think that just went out the door. I just want to make it through today which includes a trip to a new day care center (for summer), a birthday party and a Pampered Chef party at our house tonight.

Hope everyone else is doing well and has some good stuff on their late for the weekend:cool1:

Soccer game at noon today. I think it will be in the 50s for game time.

Morning guys!

Morning David. How are things?

Good morning, Guys. The black plague is still lingering at my house...at least with me. Thought I was on the rebound and I wake up with my head\sinus issues. Was planning to ski tomorrow but I think that just went out the door. I just want to make it through today which includes a trip to a new day care center (for summer), a birthday party and a Pampered Chef party at our house tonight.

Hope everyone else is doing well and has some good stuff on their late for the weekend:cool1:

Yuck. Hope you get to feeling better.

:wave2:

Morning Dads...

Been busy round here... haven't had much time to catch up, let alone post.

Thursday was our 14th anniversary. Yaay us!

I also picked up some tickets for DD's 11'th Birthday to go see Wizard Of Oz.

Steve, Glad Ethan's surgery went well. I did get your text yesterday, but was sitting in a meeting with the CFO and CEO. Was praying for you guys... :thumbsup2

Oh, and on a side note... Skar just killed Mufasa, and blamed Simba. He told Simba to run away and never come back.

I don't like where this story is going...

Looks like we'll be in need of one more player for the DDC Fantasy baseball league. If anyone is interested in playing, let me know.

Did you see the US/Costa Rica qualifier last night? Played in Colorado? The snow storm was ridiculous. At least the US won.

God luck today!

Didn't see the game. DD scored a goal in a 2-2 game. She put on an awesome display of ball skills - juked 2 defenders, and hard shot on the goal. She had anther shot, but hit the pole. We had lots more shots, but they had some great keeper play. The only thing holding her back in soccer is her speed, which is something I don't know how to help her with.

Evening guys,

Good day for DS's basketball team today. They had two wins on the first day of the provincial championship, two more games tomorrow. Win them both and the will take home the banner for Tier 3.

Now it is time for some BBQed bacon wrapped medallions for dinner with my parents and then on to a good friends 40th birthday party.

Afternoon gentlemen.

My back is doing much better. I have been off Vicodin since Wednesday. The rest of the week I've just been using Advil.

I'm looking at new cars to replace the rusty trusty Explorer. A new mid range priced Explorer would be over $38K. :scared1:

On a good note, Sun Country just published October airfares. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Afternoon gentlemen.

My back is doing much better. I have been off Vicodin since Wednesday. The rest of the week I've just been using Advil.

I'm looking at new cars to replace the rusty trusty Explorer. A new mid range priced Explorer would be over $38K. :scared1:

On a good note, Sun Country just published October airfares. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

If only we had a DISDad who worked at a Ford dealership.... Hmmmm.... :scratchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter