DDC XXVI: They all went to the DDCC and all we got was this Lousy Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, looks like a nasty snow storm for the NE! Stay safe, stay warm and hopefully the power grid will stay intact!

And it might be a little bit wrong of me, but I'm kind of hoping for a big snow or ice storm like this one to hit the NY/NJ area during the Super Bowl weekend next year. Just to see what will happen. :rolleyes1

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers. It could have been a lot worse . In the last week we bought a new van, closed on the new mortgage and still fighting with the insurance company. We are about 2000 apart on the value of the vehicle. Hopefully this gets settled soon.

Like I said feb is turning out to be a good month so far.
In other news the restaurant is still doing well, we are kinda coming into our slower period. 2-3 weeks and then we are back at it. As some of you may know DW is a TA, so we have approached a local company to take us both on and we are starting to sell travel together. I go and write my test soon and will be starting on the next few weeks. Of course we will focus our attention to Disney products but will be open to all destinations. The office was hoping that we could build some more Disney business for them.
This should keep us busy!! If we were not busy enough with a restaurant and two young kids.
Another adventure, hopefully it all works out.
Wish us luck....and maybe let me know how to add a few more hours to a day...24 is just not enough! :)

Glad the restaurant business is going well. Good luck with the TA business, hope it works out.

From the AP:

Kentucky produces 95 percent of the world's bourbon supply, according to the Kentucky Distillers' Association. There are 4.9 million bourbon barrels aging in Kentucky, which outnumbers the state's population.

We have our priorities.

Yeah, but how much of that bourbon actually makes it out of KY?

hey, i just relized i do the double digit dance tomorrow!!! :banana:

Congrats! We are 194 days according to my calculations. Getting ready to speed book ADR's. Need to get a ticker set up soon.

I'm not really liking the new Disney website, I'm staying onsite in August but it is not letting me book my ADR's for the whole stay, only at a 180 out, did they stop the +10days for those staying onsite or do you have to have the DP to book the extra 10 days:confused3

Never heard of the +10 days. I'll have to give it a shot in few days when we hit the 190 mark. Waiting for a PIN or some type of deal. My mother got 2 pins this week, Up to 30% through 9/8/13 or FD for dates through mid July. the FD has a lot of blackout dates. I'm going to call this weekend and see if I have any PINs under my name.

Glad everyone is OK and happy to hear the new month is starting better than last month.

Congratulations on the rais. I think your dues here just want up.

Solo trip? :lmao::lmao: Probably about as likely as a solo trip for me.

POLY is better than no trip (no that I have stayed there) but it isn't high on my wish list. Didn't care for the food at Ohana and the theme doesn't do much for me. Wouldn't mind checking out the luau once. There are others I would want to stay at first.

I stayed at the Poly as a kid. I would like to stay at a monorail resort while we are still taking trips with the kids. The Poly seems to be a good choice for us, but without a good discount, it looks like back to POR in August. We'll see if what deals come out in the next couple of months.

Morning dads. Busy day today, then the forecast is for 2+ feet of snow tomorrow...:headache:

Yup. Already planning to be in the office for a few hours tomorrow and head home before everyone else clogs up the highways.:sad2: Stay safe and have some fun outside with the little ones. They are saying mid to high 40's by next week again so it may not last that long.

Wow, looks like a nasty snow storm for the NE! Stay safe, stay warm and hopefully the power grid will stay intact!

And it might be a little bit wrong of me, but I'm kind of hoping for a big snow or ice storm like this one to hit the NY/NJ area during the Super Bowl weekend next year. Just to see what will happen. :rolleyes1

Well as long as your favorite team is playing I guess it would be OK to cancel it for a couple weeks until you finish shoveling out the complex or Superbowl can just be cancelled completely, got to watch what you wish for:rolleyes1

Word on the Camry is the Timing chain broke which caused the water pump to fail. To replace it all, it will cost around $450. That is worth it to keep that car going.

Wow, looks like a nasty snow storm for the NE! Stay safe, stay warm and hopefully the power grid will stay intact!. :rolleyes1

My sentiments as well.

Yeah, but how much of that bourbon actually makes it out of KY?

Never heard of the +10 days. I'll have to give it a shot in few days when we hit the 190 mark. Waiting for a PIN or some type of deal. My mother got 2 pins this week, Up to 30% through 9/8/13 or FD for dates through mid July. the FD has a lot of blackout dates. I'm going to call this weekend and see if I have any PINs under my name.

We also hit a record sales in bourbon, although not sure how much leaves the state. As for the 180+, you still have to call at 180 days out your first day. However, the second day of your trip would be 181 days out, and so forth. The 180+ was supposed to let you make the entire week of ADRs without having to call back each day.

Thanks...Poly was a once-in-a-lifetime thing I think, could never swing that kind of scratch now. If we could, we'd do it in a second. Funny thing is, POP fills all our needs well, and it's the only resort the girls really know.I hope a free dining offer comes up, and we can jump on the chance to try POR

I really liked All Star and POP until I stayed at CBR and had a fake beach, bigger bed, and NO WAIT AT THE BUS STOP. The DVC resorts are even better as I can walk to some of the parks.

Good morning! Glad to see I'm not the only nut in the group :rotfl2:

Just the .... Never mind. Too easy. Morning nemesis.

Solo trip? :lmao::lmao: Probably about as likely as a solo trip for me.

POLY is better than no trip (no that I have stayed there) but it isn't high on my wish list. Didn't care for the food at Ohana and the theme doesn't do much for me. Wouldn't mind checking out the luau once. There are others I would want to stay at first.

Yes, we can both plan that solo trip in 2 seconds as it will NEVER happen. We did the luau show as we may never get to Hawaii. It was $$$, but we really enjoyed it.

It was also reported that there were enough doses of hydrocodone distributed in eastern KY last year to provide 51 doses for everyone and over 430,000 marijuana plants were confiscated last year.

And that was after closing 40 pain clinics? Apparently, we like our bourbon and our pills. Might as well legalize hemp and marijuana and get some new revenue streams. I meant to ask, are you in the pension system?

That is on the radar... My kids are a little young, maybe when we are empty nesters, that would be a plan.

Maybe I'll come work for you. I can add a bacon and queso style to the menu.

I'm not really liking the new Disney website, I'm staying onsite in August but it is not letting me book my ADR's for the whole stay, only at a 180 out, did they stop the +10days for those staying onsite or do you have to have the DP to book the extra 10 days:confused3

Barry is going to help them fix it. When I cancelled those ADRs, I had to log in 4 or 5 times. It was terrible.

And I'm guessing they're only counting the legal stuff...

I'm guessing moonshine wasn't in those stats. :lmao:

Got my run/walk in tonight. First time using runkeeper. strange thing was after I was done, it showed me my pace for each segment, and it was saying I was going faster when I walked than I did when I was running. Very weird.

I hope you had some pirates chasing you, Team Sparrow.

Morning Guys,

Just found out my weekend freed up. We were schedule for a day long board meeting/planning session of Friday but the potential for the storm to hit here has caused it to be rescheduled until mid-March. Now my planning can be concentrated on our cruise. 22 days until we leave, 24 until we sail! :cool1::cool1:

Morning dads. Busy day today, then the forecast is for 2+ feet of snow tomorrow...:headache:
The kids can build a snow fort with a basement. :thumbsup2

Good Morning Dads! It looks like we are finally going to get some snow this year. Depending on who you listen to they are calling for anywhere from 12-30" :eek: tomorrow and into Saturday. Our luck had to run out sometime. The only bad thing is that it will most likely cancel our Saturday sports schedules.:headache::mad: It's so hard to find dates to make things up with our limited space.

We have already planned the family game time by the fire with hot cocoa and snacks. Of course mom and dad's cocoa will have a little more bite to it.:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Sounds like a plan. Just make sure the snow blower has enough gas. I almost ran out a couple of years ago when we got 21".

Word on the Camry is the Timing chain broke which caused the water pump to fail. To replace it all, it will cost around $450. That is worth it to keep that car going.
Not bad considering Norm. I thought it was going to be A LOT worse.

Consider yourself lucky. My Camry isn't as old as yours ('03) but it's still running. I tell my daughter that it will be hers someday.

‘Morning all…
Haven’t had much time to even check in during the past week or so.
Dealing with the new year is a real pain from a work perspective.
That will get better in a month or two, but now it’s hard to even check in.

Guess I better head out and see what else I’ve missed around here.
Congrats where earned, and prayers all around (I’m sure we all could use a few).

Back in a while…
if I’m lucky.

Looks like we'll get nothing but cold rain out of it. If it's gonna be that cold, I want the snow so I can get a day off work. It's hard work being a non-essential employee.

Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

Consider yourself lucky. My Camry isn't as old as yours ('03) but it's still running. I tell my daughter that it will be hers someday.

That's that conversation we all dream of having with our kids, isn't it?

"Someday...this will all be yours." :rotfl2:

Mufasa said that and look what it got him!

dad-whats-a-superbowl-meme_zps920e437d.jpg

Cold here as well. They are talking our first good sized snow storm this Friday/Saturday. One model was showing over a foot of snow:eek:, but they are still guessing. Everyone is starting to freak out about basketball games and weekend events being cancelled. Really people? We live in New England and it's going to snow. Who would have guessed.:confused3:mad: Drive slow and stop the complaining. We haven't had snow in 2 years.

Hey CJ, I'll save a snowball for you in the freezer.:duck: :lmao::lmao:
Stay safe up there in Boston. Looks like you guys are gonna take the brunt of it.

Woo-hoo! I've never been so happy to get bad news! Some of you may recall that I had some serious stomach issues that almost cancelled my trip in January. That ailment also messed me up big time for the half-marathon. After a month and no improvement, we just got the results of some bloodwork. I have some ulcer-causing bacteria in my gut! Isn't that awesome! That means I have a good excuse for getting such a bad time for the race. It also means I don't have pancreatic cancer which crossed my mind. Two weeks of some heavy duty antibiotics and a crap load of pepto and I should be good to go. Hooray for bacteria!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :cool1::cool1:

Glad they figured out what was wrong.

Actually, this is an admirable attitude we can all adopt today. Whatever you're dealing with, it's better than cancer.
And even when it is cancer, some are better than others. ;)

Hey everyone, hope everyone is doing well.
It has been a crazy start to the new year, DW got into a car accident, other driver was in the wrong lane they hit head on. Thankfully they we not going to fast and kiddos were not in the van. DW is okay, but has some whip lash and here legs are really sore. She started some therapy and we are hoping that helps. All things considered we are pretty lucky. Someone was definitely looking over her that day. We are still fighting with the insurance company over value of the van. We were also renegotiating our mortgage and had to go vehicle shopping all at the same time.
A new month has arrived and things are looking better already.
Thanks for listening guys, good to get it all off my chest.
Wow... scary stuff. Glad your DW is doing ok.

I didn't win the lottery, but my boss just called and wanted to go over some shifts for down the road and during the conversation he says "oh, and I just realized that you have gotten a rate increase in all the time you've been working for us, so I am putting one in for you, should be effective soon."

Wow... I got a raise. I didn't think that was possible given my freelance status. It's a modest increase that equates to about $2k-$3k per year, depending on how much I work. But there is the potential that my other job, which pays me based on the rate I get from this job, might therefore increase too. If so, then it's more like another $10k per year. Either way... today is a good day. :thumbsup2
thats nice! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Bought gas for the generator just in case.... Looks like this one is the real deal. They are predicting 20'' here. Got a tractor that I can use to clear my driveway? :rotfl2:

We are still waiting to hear if Melody gets canceled from work tomorrow. I really do hope so, but you never know what they are going to do in the hospital. :confused3

Me too! :scratchin

Doesn't seem too bad. Less than 2 months car payment. :thumbsup2

Thank God you didn't shoot it. :lmao:
:rotfl2::rotfl2: TRUE! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks guys.

Thank God you didn't shoot it. :lmao:

:lmao:

Not bad considering Norm. I thought it was going to be A LOT worse.

Me too. I already gave them CJ's credit card #.

I told mine to expect the same. Free car or no car. Their choice. :lmao:

Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.
:rotfl2:

Thanks.

Mufasa said that and look what it got him!

:lmao: :lmao:

Doesn't seem too bad. Less than 2 months car payment. :thumbsup2:

I hope to never have a car payment again.

Word on the Camry is the Timing chain broke which caused the water pump to fail. To replace it all, it will cost around $450. That is worth it to keep that car going...
I meant to ask, are you in the pension system?

Glad you got relatively good news on the car. Makes it a little less painful.

My last pension plan was working for Cornell in the early '90s but I got laid off before it vested. Cashed it in and swore I would never work for a state retirement system again so I have always gone for the alternative retirement plans. That hasn't worked out particularly well, but I figure if I'm not doing well at retirement I would rather it be my fault than someone else.

Looks like we'll get nothing but cold rain out of it.
:crazy2:

That's that conversation we all dream of having with our kids, isn't it?

"Someday...this will all be yours." :rotfl2:

It would be nice to leave them something, but as long as I don't leave them a bunch of debt I'll call it fair.

I don't think my kids would want my 2000 Explorer...

How about an 02 Elantra :confused3
Wow, looks like a nasty snow storm for the NE! Stay safe, stay warm and hopefully the power grid will stay intact!...

Prayers for all the Dads in the storms path. Stay safe and stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter