DDC XXV: It’s a Special Holiday Episode of the DISDad’s Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really hard looking at the pic on my phone. I keep yelling "enhance" at it but the picture doesn't get any clearer. Looks like some kind o lighter colored meat and doesn't look sliced. Maybe 6 inch Tuna?

No sir...

Wrong on all accounts.... Except the 6" part...

I guess you can go back to deciding the width of rumble strips then. :smokin:
ed1:

I think the correct term is drunk bumps.

DW got back from Audrey's follow-up to her tests. End result was a viral infection that is cleared up now, all is good. Bonus is she and DW got their flu shots, so we are all covered too.irty.

Good to hear. I like beer and I like coffee, but not together.

We've already made it through ROFR. This is just waiting for their docs to make it to the attorney for closing. As soon as they lawyers get their docs everything will be done. It's because we're so close that I have been hanging on. I made just need to cut my losses and start over again though.

I thought mine was not submitted for ROFR until all the documents were received. I had a clause in my contract that prescribed the time frame and condition of what would happen if not met, i.e., deposit returned, seller pays fees, etc.

Did go tobogganing... Now having a coffee while he kids have...

16B91674-00A7-44E9-B80E-A94BBCA6DCDA-4539-000008E432D7B4E3.jpg

My wife had the great idea to have 3 of friends families spend the night to celebrate new years. I wound up cooking 6 pounds of bacon for everyone and it was all eaten. Making that giant pile of bacon made me think of ya'll.
ments?

That is crazy - the lodging - not the bacon. Fry more bacon.

hi tim!! yes things are getting better. briana was cleared by the cardio. doctor. the only thing left is the $500 bill the insurance didnt cover.:rotfl:
got the car issue over with. we are getting there. thanks for asking.

Glad to hear she is ok.

Thanks for asking.
She's ok. Today is her last full day here. She had a rough night when she discovered she didn't have room to pack everything she wanted to bring back. Either that or she was cranky because she knew it was about time to leave. Also, ya know how she said "yes" to adoption? Not exactly. She's open to it and is still considering it. In other words, she doesn't know what she's going to do. We hate that we had to do this, but we gave here a deadline. She needs to let us know before she leaves (in about 24 hours) what she's going to do. We can't leave this door open forever, not fair to my family to do that. So in the next 24 hours, I should find out if I'll be a dad again. Of course, if she goes back and we find out a week later that she wants in, we'll still take her. But in that instance we would still be missing the very important aspect of hearing it from her own mouth. When we get an e-mail saying she wants to be in our family, there's no telling if she was coerced or if someone is putting words in her mouth.
e.

Continued prayers.

Good morning fellow dads, hope all is well prayers go out to those needing them, I'm taking my last vac day on Friday to spend some daddy time with DD on her 5th birthday so short week for me :)

That sounds like a great idea.

So if any of you aren't getting your shot because it doesn't always exactly cover this year's strain (an excuse I get from my own mother), next year do it not for you but for your family. So if you die, they don't have to carry the guilt of you not getting a flu shot.

Terrible story and prayers for the family. I never had a flu shot before I was married. DW makes me get them.

You need to do a better job selling my wife on this :rotfl2:

I tried.

CJ, the line on the Cardinals v Gators game is 14. I know you don't like double or nothing. So, since you owe me a drink already, I will bet you another drink. So, you will either be buying two rounds or I'll buy the second.

You giving me the Cards and 14? Actually, I think that is too few, but I'll go with it.

Nope. Mommy and daddy have a weekend without the kids! Well, one will be with us but she will behave. ;)

Two girls? Have fun with that. Congrats to you and Melody.

DW got back from Audrey's follow-up to her tests. End result was a viral infection that is cleared up now, all is good. Bonus is she and DW got their flu shots, so we are all covered too.

Good news. Glad she is feeling better.

CJ, the line on the Cardinals v Gators game is 14. I know you don't like double or nothing. So, since you owe me a drink already, I will bet you another drink. So, you will either be buying two rounds or I'll buy the second.

You giving me the Cards and 14? Actually, I think that is too few, but I'll go with it.

Florida went 4-1 against teams that were in the top 12 in the last poll. But they had to block a punt to avoid overtime against one of the University of Louisianas. They could blow out UL but then again, their offense is not a powerhouse. Cardinals have a good team and could easily win.

14 POINTS? I took the sucker bet against UK in the tournament and you think I will do it again? OK, I will. But make it 13 1/2 so there is no chance of a push.

My work had BAD coffee for years... I would have to run out to Tim Horton's or Starbucks twice a day...

I finally convinced them to bring in a much better French Roast along with the mud they've always been drinking.

They now call the good coffee.... "Brian's Coffee"... :rotfl2: Although a lot of the office thank me for my efforts... ;)

So why were you going to timmies or starbucks?

this explains alot. :rotfl:

I read this post and thought "I don't see any spelling or grammar errors, what was Dave talking about?" and then I read your next post.

:lmao:

hi tim!! yes things are getting better. briana was cleared by the cardio. doctor. the only thing left is the $500 bill the insurance didnt cover.:rotfl:
got the car issue over with. we are getting there. thanks for asking.

14 POINTS? I took the sucker bet against UK in the tournament and you think I will do it again? OK, I will. But make it 13 1/2 so there is no chance of a push.

I said I thought it was too few points and think 14 1/2 would be a better number. I'll take the 13.5, as that way I get to drink more with you.

Hi Guys! :wave:

Jim and Steve, I hope you guys start feeling better soon. Jodi had that for years, off and on, she finally got her gland/duct removed. :sick:

Hey Randall. :wave2: Feeling a little better, thanks for asking. The swelling is mostly gone and the pain is a lot less. Looks like the antibiotic is starting to work. The cold is still full force though, but hopefully getting better.

Hey Randall. :wave2: Feeling a little better, thanks for asking. The swelling is mostly gone and the pain is a lot less. Looks like the antibiotic is starting to work. The cold is still full force though, but hopefully getting better.

Glad to hear things are going good for you !!! I went back to doc today and he told me that it might take up to 2 weeks for the swelling to go away. Still on antibiotics here too!!

Thanks for asking.
She's ok. Today is her last full day here. She had a rough night when she discovered she didn't have room to pack everything she wanted to bring back. Either that or she was cranky because she knew it was about time to leave. Also, ya know how she said "yes" to adoption? Not exactly. She's open to it and is still considering it. In other words, she doesn't know what she's going to do. We hate that we had to do this, but we gave here a deadline. She needs to let us know before she leaves (in about 24 hours) what she's going to do. We can't leave this door open forever, not fair to my family to do that. So in the next 24 hours, I should find out if I'll be a dad again. Of course, if she goes back and we find out a week later that she wants in, we'll still take her. But in that instance we would still be missing the very important aspect of hearing it from her own mouth. When we get an e-mail saying she wants to be in our family, there's no telling if she was coerced or if someone is putting words in her mouth.

Good luck. Hopefully she'll make the right decision and you'll have a new member of the family!

Glad to hear things are going good for you !!! I went back to doc today and he told me that it might take up to 2 weeks for the swelling to go away. Still on antibiotics here too!!

Are you feeling better or is it kind of just hanging around? I really hope you are getting this thing out of your system. My fear is that as soon as the antibiotics are done it comes back. Right now it's more like a bad cold again. I wonder what that means. Did he say anything about having the blockage removed? That's was he worst case I heard. Since it has been so long I'm surprised they haven't considered it.

How long did you wait to see the doctor before getting antibiotics? I wonder if it has to do with timing. Take care of yourself.

Are you feeling better or is it kind of just hanging around? I really hope you are getting this thing out of your system. My fear is that as soon as the antibiotics are done it comes back. Right now it's more like a bad cold again. I wonder what that means. Did he say anything about having the blockage removed? That's was he worst case I heard. Since it has been so long I'm surprised they haven't considered it.

How long did you wait to see the doctor before getting antibiotics? I wonder if it has to do with timing. Take care of yourself.

I had a CT Scan last week when my cheek was swoolen out and I looked like I was hording nuts for winter :rotfl2: He went ahead and put me on antibiotics right away. I had ignored it when it flaired up the week before and didnt do anything about it...it went away...what was the point :rolleyes1...then it came back with a vengence all of a sudden while we ere eating at Olive Garden. Shari said she could almost see it swelling before her eyes...that night is when I went to ER and the next day pulled some strings and got into the ENT the next day. They said at todays appointment that it looked like it was smaller than last week but was still firm when touched. If it is not gone by Monday I am to call them again. The CT Scan I had showed no stones or blockages...at least nothing calcified! I still have a few days of antibiotics left

Howdy fellow dads, hope all is well, my supervisor is still sick so I am filling in for the rest of the week, which also means I had to cancel my vacation day Friday for DDs 5th birthday, I hate it but I had no choice, I told her we would go do some special stuff once I got off work and she was cool with that.

Also I have 100 dvc points I'm trying to rent out or transfer but the boards arnt letting me post a thread, does anyone possibly know why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter