DDC XVII - Leap year edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon!

happy International Women's Day. I only know one international woman though. :confused3

where does the day go? DD had preschool, during which I took DS to BJs and signed up again and then proceeded to load up on diapers and paper towels.

I figure I'll recoup the annual fee in land o lakes cheese alone. They charge $3.50/lb as compared to the $6.99/lb at the grocery stores.

After that I picked up DD and hit Target for the one item BJs didn't have: DS's formula. Then it was home to have lunch, do dishes, and then holy cow... it's almost 2:30.

good thing I have this weekend off. maybe I'll finally get something done around here. :rotfl2:

Hey guys, I was reading some of my feeds and found a link to this site. There is so much good information here!

I then found the DIS Dads! Holy crap, I need a NUMBER!!!

Finally a place where dads can be more excited about Disney than anyone else (Especially for Star Wars Weekends!!!!!!):dance3:

where does the day go? DD had preschool, during which I took DS to BJs and signed up again and then proceeded to load up on diapers and paper towels.
You didn't get toilet paper? Looks like you'll be taking another trip to BJs soon.

Hey guys, I was reading some of my feeds and found a link to this site. There is so much good information here!

Finally a place where dads can be more excited about Disney than anyone else (Especially for Star Wars Weekends!!!!!!):dance3:

:welcome: Don will be around and assign you a number. Now sit back, relax, and tell us about yourself. :drinking1

Well Grubbsy, Cmon in and have a seat. Don (Emma's Dad) will be around shortly to give you a number. Oh and the new guy buy's Dole whips and bacon!
Look forward to talking with you

Matt

Hope everyone is having a great day. nearly 2 weeks have gone by and still no reservation for our trip in jan. May have to look at other options for renting points. Anyone ever used the rent/trade boards on dis. We were hesitant to use those and went with a company and thought that would be the safer bet but they have yet to get the points to book our reservation.

Sent you a PM. Have only used The Timeshare Store to rent out points. Looked at David's but did not use.

Welcome Aboard!!

Anyone else excited about the new iPad? I've been holding out since Christmas knowing that they would be launching a new version in the 1st quarter. They came through with the 3 things that I was hoping for with the retina display, improved camera, and quad core processor. I'd be excited about the 4G too but I am just going with the wifi version.

I am excited about the thoughts of getting an Ipad1 or Ipad2 cheap. Anyone know how I can do that?

I gave my wife the option last summer for me to either get her an iPad then, or get her one when the new one came out. She chose to wait (in a display of self-control that I am hard-pressed to understand).

Yesterday, I had to pay up.:scared1:

So, I will soon, once more, be behind the tech curve in the house.

People have already mentioned the refurbs on Apple's site, but you may also find a good number on Amazon.com. Once you pull up a model, try the links for the "used" or "refurbished" models.

Hope everyone is having a great day. nearly 2 weeks have gone by and still no reservation for our trip in jan. May have to look at other options for renting points. Anyone ever used the rent/trade boards on dis. We were hesitant to use those and went with a company and thought that would be the safer bet but they have yet to get the points to book our reservation.

I checked the boards here and at another site that I can apparently not mention here, finding the points I needed for our stay last year at the other forum. That person was also a poster here, but had not put those points up here at that point. We worked out a standard contract and everything went well. It helped, I think, that he's a minister, just in terms of my comfort level. It was cheaper (points cost less) than using one of the services. We rented points from him again this year for our upcoming trip.

Standard disclaimers apply, I think: don't rent from people who don't have some posting history, get recommendations from people who have rented from the person before, and make sure that the contract protects both of you.

Customer Service. That should be easy enough I can get it done in a weekend, but still gives me something to learn from. You can never have enough customer service.:thumbsup2

Matt

Every now and again some massage therapy business in the area gets busted for the services they provide their customers. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.:rolleyes:

1 week into my quest to be 40 lbs lighter by our upcoming trip... i am down 2.5 lbs from 240 to 237.5.

I didn't do much to achieve that. Haven't exercised yet. No Pepsi (or any other soft drinks) in the past week. Cut back on junk food severely as well (though not completely :rolleyes1)

gonna see if i can do something else to help things along this week as I shoot to lose another 2-3lbs.

Have a mission for you guys going to the world in the not too distant future.

I found out about these sandwiches too late in my trip to get one.

Apparently at Sleepy Hollow they have these Waffle Sandwiches that are pretty tasty...
From looking at them I would be interested in the Chicken Waffle...and the Nutella/Fruit Sandwich.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/11/13/new-waffle-sandwiches-at-magic-kingdoms-sleepy-hollow/

looks very tempting... gonna show this to DW and see if we may have a new lunch spot to try for MK!!

looks very tempting... gonna show this to DW and see if we may have a new lunch spot to try for MK!!

After our experience at Pecos Bill's...I'm staying away from Burgers AND Toppings bars at the MK.

This message brought to you by the Folks at Pepto Bismol.

Have a mission for you guys going to the world in the not too distant future.

I found out about these sandwiches too late in my trip to get one.

Apparently at Sleepy Hollow they have these Waffle Sandwiches that are pretty tasty...
From looking at them I would be interested in the Chicken Waffle...and the Nutella/Fruit Sandwich.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/11/13/new-waffle-sandwiches-at-magic-kingdoms-sleepy-hollow/

Aaron and I ate there during Reunion weekend. Not a big fan of waffles but the chicken was pretty good. DD would love the Nutella thing. They make the waffles fresh so if there is a line, it could take a while. Something different to eat at the MK and it was tasty.

Watching the tournaments. Tim, UConn gave Syracuse a run for a while. The Georgetown/Cincy game is interesting. OT.

Speaking of tournaments, last year we did a Dis Dad March Madness bracket. Don't remember who set it up (Don Maybe?) but is there interest in doing another one this year?

Watching the tournaments. Tim, UConn gave Syracuse a run for a while. The Georgetown/Cincy game is interesting. OT.

Speaking of tournaments, last year we did a Dis Dad March Madness bracket. Don't remember who set it up (Don Maybe?) but is there interest in doing another one this year?

I want in if we have one!!! Someone let me know in case I fall off the radar here and miss it being posted

I checked the boards here and at another site that I can apparently not mention here, finding the points I needed for our stay last year at the other forum. That person was also a poster here, but had not put those points up here at that point. We worked out a standard contract and everything went well. It helped, I think, that he's a minister, just in terms of my comfort level. It was cheaper (points cost less) than using one of the services. We rented points from him again this year for our upcoming trip.

Standard disclaimers apply, I think: don't rent from people who don't have some posting history, get recommendations from people who have rented from the person before, and make sure that the contract protects both of you.

I was hesitant to rent from someone I didn't know, and especially being new the whole concept. We had just learned about DVC in July. But I think that is the way we will go from now on. Thanks for the information.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter