DDA Weight Loss Progress Thread

I forgot to post this week. I lost another 3lbs when I weighed in Wednesday. That 7.2lbs total so far. :cool1:

No loss for me this week, but no gain either. I'll call it a success given my stress levels

I am down 2 pounds this week, total loss so far is 5.8 lbs. Once I hit 10 lbs loss, I will feel like I am really starting to make progress!

Today I took a baby step--10 minutes on the treadmill but atleast i'm in the mind zone now,,whew it took awhile for me to get here!
Hugs to everyone who is trying!

Hugs Mel:grouphug:

Today I took a baby step--10 minutes on the treadmill but atleast i'm in the mind zone now,,whew it took awhile for me to get here!

Baby steps are good, it is a start! :goodvibes

No loss for me this week, but no gain either. I'll call it a success given my stress levels
Just keep swimming Deb :fish:

I am down 2 pounds this week, total loss so far is 5.8 lbs. Once I hit 10 lbs loss, I will feel like I am really starting to make progress!
Great Job Janet!!!!!

Thanks for the hugs from one Mel to another. :hug:

I lost 2 lbs this week. So close to 10 lbs total. 9.2 lbs so far in 3 weeks. I'm on a roll & loving the new WW Points Plus plan!!!! :cool1::banana::cool1:

I am down 1.2 lbs this week, total loss so far is 7 lbs. Slow going for me, but I will get there!

I have made mini goals for myself & that seems to help :thumbsup2

I am down 1.2 lbs this week, total loss so far is 7 lbs. Slow going for me, but I will get there!

I have made mini goals for myself & that seems to help :thumbsup2
Great job Janet!!!! I think looking at it in smaller increments really helps!:thumbsup2

I am down 1.4 lbs this week, total loss so far is 8.4 lbs. That 10 lb mark is getting close :thumbsup2

How is everyone else doing?

I am down 1.4 lbs this week, total loss so far is 8.4 lbs. That 10 lb mark is getting close :thumbsup2

How is everyone else doing?
Great job Janet.
I forgot to post last week. I stayed the same. So still a total of 9.2. Hoping I break the 10 lb mark this week.
:fish: Just keep swimming :fish:

Hey guys! I just found this thread -- hope you don't mind me joining in! I really need the support while trying to lose weight! Right before I got pregnant with my son 3 years ago, I was the skinniest I've ever been in my life. I was "almost" to my "goal weight" but that quickly changed. To make a long story short, I basically had a scare with my pregnancy so I ended up gaining alot more weight than I should have because I became obsessed with trying to "protect" my baby -- thought he needed some extra padding I guess!?! I ended up gaining a total of 42 pounds while pregnant -- after I had my son, I quickly lost about 20 pounds.

Unfortunately, the other 20 pounds has NEVER come off. I've been pretty depressed about it & do not have much spare time to exercise. I don't eat 3 meals a day & probably not healthy meals either. I do try to eat yogurt, fruits/veggies, etc for snacks. I usually skip breakfast, eat a larger meal in the middle of the day, and eat a small dinner. I know that goes against every diet plan out there! I usually drink about three 16 oz bottles of water a day plus 2 cups of coffee. I do not drink pop or alcohol & have been trying my best to stay away from iced tea.

I basically have 5 months before my Disney trip. My goal is to look better than I did in my trip pictures from last June. Yesterday was the first "nice day" that we've had in Pennsylvania and I was able to wear a tank top & shorts. I was really embarassed at how I looked! :sad2:

It made me realize that I seriously need some motivation -- like someone to keep me going when I want to just give up the diet/exercise! I found this thread this evening & think this is perfect for me. I really need to stay motivated. Diets do not work well for me, but I would appreciate any little tips anyone could give me (like what foods to definitely stay away from -- ones that you wouldn't think are bad for you). I took a nutrition course in college & boy did it open up my eyes to alot of things!!! After that class, I eliminated alot of things from my diet!

For about a 2 week period, I would run on my treadmill for 20 minutes a day -- I did the "weight loss" program on the treadmill. About once a week I would switch from the weight loss to the aerobic 30 minute program. I also try to do at least 200 sit-ups every day (usually 50 in the morning, 100 half way through the day, and 50 in the evening). I watched what I ate the entire time, drank tons of water, and guess what? I lost 2 pounds. I became frustrated, even though I did feel better inside -- I did not feel better about my weight. So I basically gave up & said I would start again once the weather became warmer. Now its here & I'm wearing my shorts & feeling miserable -- time to start over!!!

My goal is to lose 20 pounds before mid-July. If I don't reach this goal, I would like to lose the 20 before our September Disney trip. After we get back from our trip, I'd like to lose 10 more pounds (in addition to anything I gain on the trip). Its so odd because as much as I eat & as unhealthy as I eat on our Disney trips, I always lose weight on our trip (probably because of all the walking!)

Any advice is appreciated! And I will definitely need your support! Since tomorrow is Tuesday, I will weigh-in on Wednesdays! Thank you in advance!!!!

And by the way, I read through the past few pages & you guys really have me impressed!!!! Congrats on all of your weight loss!!!!!!

Hey guys! I just found this thread -- hope you don't mind me joining in! I really need the support while trying to lose weight!

Hi there & welcome! Glad to have you join us :goodvibes I do not have any great advice for you, sounds like you are doing wonderful with the exercise(something I am not good at, at all!)

What works for me is keeping track of what I eat. I use sparkpeople.com & I am able to track my calories, fat, ect. It tells me how much of each I am allowed per day. You can also track your exercise & it will tell you how many calories you have burned. They have forums & alot of wonderful people to help encourage & keep us on track.

I worked so hard to be rid of my extra weight a few years ago & I let myself gain it back & then some. I finally came to a point where I said enough! I am turning 50 next year, I want to look my best & I will feel better about myself as well.

The weight is coming off a little slower this time, but I will get to my goal & I will keep it off this time. I never like to say I am on a diet, I watch what I eat & have cut out the sweet late night snacks. I always drink water, just more of it now.

You can do this & those of us that are here will be with you every step of the way :thumbsup2

As Melanie says, just keep on swimming!

I have been swimming for more years than I can remember. I need to lose 50lbs. I have a cruise this fall and 2 trips this summer and fall planned. Also We have a family cruise on the Dream next June. I certainly do not want NANA to get stuck in the aquaduck and have a fire hose blow me out. :scared1: Maybe I could join y'all and get tips to keep me on the right track. I'm not great with structured diets and I certainly know which foods to increase and to avoid. Just need someone to be accountable to. Help me from drowning. Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter