DDA Chapter 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!

A very happy birthday to Chris!!! Deb, tell him 40 isn't so bad. Really!

I've got Mary home from school today with a sore throat and a wicked cough. Poor thing! She sounds like she's hacking up a lung!

Last night's hen party was so much fun! Our bride had to do a whole bunch of embarrassing things in the restaurant, and when she completed them, she got a "honeymoon basket". Inside the basket were a bottle of bubbly, glasses, candles, chocolates and something pink in the bottom of the basket. As she unfolded it, we all screamed with laughter. Her mom had gotten her pink, fuzzy footed pajamas! As we were all laughing, her sister's quickly handed her a bag from Victoria's Secret. It was a fun, fun night!

Today I need to get my packing lists going. We are leaving Wednesday morning to go to my dad's house for the holiday. I need to make sure all the clothes are clean and ready, and also box up the food items I'm taking for dinner. I also need to purchase 2 more Christmas presents for my brother's family, so we can leave them down there next week. So much to do!!! I don't need sick kids. That cuts into my preparation time!

Marci has been up and walked a bit...will be heading home most likely tomorrow...small chance for today.

Good evening, DDA!

I'm going to try to get in a quick post before the banana bread is done baking and I need to run to the grocery store.

Marci - I'm glad things are going well for you and you're up and around some. :wizard: that you get to go home soon and enjoy your own bed. Our prayers continue!

Beth - I hope your SIL's chemo goes well and she respondes quickly. Sounds like a long road ahead, though. :grouphug: :wizard:

Bernadette - I'm sure you'll get everything you need to done before surgery! Just don't overextend yourself too much.

Glynis - Good luck getting ready for your trip!

Vicki - Glad you had a great birthday! Hope you get a chance to be home soon as well.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Colby and Chris!

Deb - Amazing that you can just get a room cleaned and painted on a weekday! I probably couldn't get it done on a whole weekend.

Jennifer - I know I told you already, but I'm so happy for your dad! I'm glad that he's feeling good too.

Well, my good sweepstakes news turned out to be not as much. Apparently, there was a miscommunication and they had the number available wrong. Instead, they are sending a Playmobil take along puppet theater and a FamilyFun Safari craft kit. I know she'll like the craft kit and think she'll still like the puppet thing. I'll see for sure when it gets here and decide whether to give it to her or one of the younger kids (though then we've got money-equality issues, probably).

On the other hand, I think I've gotten her birthday present (or maybe a Christmas one) set! She loves the Imagination Movers and they are doing a show here in March. One of Rachel's friend's dad is high up in management at the Fox Theater here in St. Louis. I emailed the mom last night and asked her what section of the theater would be best for this type of show as I've only been to that theater once 15 years ago. Tonight, Rachel's friend called and asked how many tickets I had been going to buy. Apparently, they are getting tickets for me! That would be so wonderful because then I could still get her something small as an actual gift and also get the family a thank you gift card or something. They've taken Mom and Rachel to several shows as well and are just the nicest people, but never expected this! I'm so excited for Terra though. :goodvibes:

The bread's ready (YUM! Thanks again for the recipe, Vicki, we love it!!) so guess I'd better get to Aldi before they close.

Chris -

df39.jpg

Chris loved this one. He thanks you all for thinking of him on his birthday. It was much less eventful than last year and we are so greatful for that :cool1:

Marci has been up and walked a bit...will be heading home most likely tomorrow...small chance for today.

:cool1::cool1:

he feels great. he is walking 2 miles a day.

More good news.

Things are not so happy here today. Bob was laid off at work yesterday. It came out of the blue at the end of his completion of a huge project. It is also due to the company-wide loss of a national homebuilder's business. To say he is devastated is such an understatement. In the 39 years he has been in the workforce since college, he has never been laid off. He has lost his job before because of corporate takeovers, etc. But to be told he was the one they could "do without" more easily than any of the other designers that are left has been crushing to him.

Not sure where we go from here. He has to go into work later this morning to talk to corporate HR and they will discuss the package his boss insisted they put together for him.

My biggest concern at this point is the loss of all our insurance. My greatest happiness in all of this is that our daughters are not directly impacted by it.

Elin, you know you both are in my prayers. I hope the silver lining of this cloud shows itself soon.

Elin I am so sorry to hear this, sending lots of hugs to you & Bob :hug:

Marci I hope you are able to come home today & that your recovery goes smoothly :hug:

Elin,
I am so sorry. You are always here to offer a kind word & lift us up. I wish I had your gift of speech to convey how much I am thinking of you & how I hope things will be Ok for you & Bob. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Oh, Elin! I am so sorry! I wish that there were words that could make it all better. What a lousy time of year for it to happen, too.

Things are not so happy here today. Bob was laid off at work yesterday. It came out of the blue at the end of his completion of a huge project. It is also due to the company-wide loss of a national homebuilder's business. To say he is devastated is such an understatement. In the 39 years he has been in the workforce since college, he has never been laid off. He has lost his job before because of corporate takeovers, etc. But to be told he was the one they could "do without" more easily than any of the other designers that are left has been crushing to him.

Not sure where we go from here. He has to go into work later this morning to talk to corporate HR and they will discuss the package his boss insisted they put together for him.

My biggest concern at this point is the loss of all our insurance. My greatest happiness in all of this is that our daughters are not directly impacted by it.

I am so sorry to hear this, Elin. I know how it hurts to know you were one of the ones they chose to lay off. You will both be in our prayers. :grouphug:

Here is a little something light for this morning...

Last night while I was driving home from swimming, Miles said to me, "I think I impressed my social studies teacher today. I knew that monks used to have to transcribe written works and that Gutenberg invented the moveable type printing press around 1450." I knew exactly how he knew that ;), so I asked if he told her where he learned it. He said that he didn't share that. He also knew who discovered King Tut's tomb because of a book he read for pleasure, The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (who also wrote the Percy Jackson series).

Thinking of you Elin :hug: This economy continues to wreak havoc on so many people. Very sad :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter