DD Turning 10

McDanielFamily

DIS Dad #738
Our DD is turning 10 soon & from what I can see means an increase in prices across the board. My concern is in the DDP & ordering her food. Does she now have to order from the adult menu, or is there any way to still order from the kids menu?

if you decide to get the DDP you can there are a few options here.

1. You can ask them to make adult size portions of a kids menu item
2. You can order off kids menu and pay OOP for her meal, this will save her adult TS credit and if you do this more than once you can use the extra credits and get another TS meal or two for later

Hope this helps!

2. You can order off kids menu and pay OOP for her meal, this will save her adult TS credit and if you do this more than once you can use the extra credits and get another TS meal or two for later

Hope this helps!

And the reason you want to do #2 is you're paying $55/night for her, so getting a $10 TS kids' meal and a $6 QS kids' meal would be a waste of money.

Hope this helps!

Jenn,
GREAT idea in regards to paying OOP for the kids meals! I never thought about doing that & will allow us an extra TS meal!:)

Tony

Jenn,
GREAT idea in regards to paying OOP for the kids meals! I never thought about doing that & will allow us an extra TS meal!:)

Tony

absolutely! I only know this because I too am in the planning phases right now and have done quite a bit of research, especially here on the disboards. These guys are a wealth of information here and have helped to make our two prior trips wonderful! We have a DS that will be 12yrs old on this trip with the DDP and he prefers the kid items and also eats like a bird so we will be doing this also. Oh, remember though that any places you eat that are served buffet or family style you will still be charged an adult TS credit and will not be allowed to save the credit! Have fun planning :)

absolutely! I only know this because I too am in the planning phases right now and have done quite a bit of research, especially here on the disboards. These guys are a wealth of information here and have helped to make our two prior trips wonderful! We have a DS that will be 12yrs old on this trip with the DDP and he prefers the kid items and also eats like a bird so we will be doing this also. Oh, remember though that any places you eat that are served buffet or family style you will still be charged an adult TS credit and will not be allowed to save the credit! Have fun planning :)

Excellent point on the buffet, I never thought about that one!! That is definitely a fact to consider as we plan. The DD that will be 10 is the same way as your DS...eats like a bird! :)

Thanks so much for the tips, these are all things I never considered!

DD10 likes to order, but not to eat. That wasn't so horrible when we paying for her as a kid, but won't work with adult prices. For this reason, we're stretching our credits by adding a few extra lunches and paying out of pocket for kid's meals at the non-buffet, non-family style places. Maybe next year she'll be different, but her tummy is still in child mode right now.

We have a DS that will be 12yrs old on this trip with the DDP and he prefers the kid items and also eats like a bird /QUOTE]

So perhaps skip the Dining Plan altogether?

Trust me this would probably make more sense but my husband likes having everything prepaid and "not having to look at prices" when we eat. I know it does not make sense but as long as he continues to be okay with me scheduling Disney trips every year I will continue to letting him have his DDP...lol pick your battles :)

We have 3 kids just over 10 and they either split meals or I paid for kids meals OOP then we adults used the credits for signatures and extra TS places that we wouldn't have been able to fit in other wise,
It's a really grey idea to save the adult TS meals if your child eats next to nothing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter