DD Turning 10

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by McDanielFamily, May 4, 2013.

1. McDanielFamily

McDanielFamily DIS Dad #738

Our DD is turning 10 soon & from what I can see means an increase in prices across the board. My concern is in the DDP & ordering her food. Does she now have to order from the adult menu, or is there any way to still order from the kids menu?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. thornton0511

thornton0511 DIS Veteran

if you decide to get the DDP you can there are a few options here.

1. You can ask them to make adult size portions of a kids menu item
    2. You can order off kids menu and pay OOP for her meal, this will save her adult TS credit and if you do this more than once you can use the extra credits and get another TS meal or two for later

Hope this helps!

4. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

And the reason you want to do #2 is you're paying $55/night for her, so getting a $10 TS kids' meal and a $6 QS kids' meal would be a waste of money.

5. thornton0511

thornton0511 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

6. McDanielFamily

Jenn,
    GREAT idea in regards to paying OOP for the kids meals! I never thought about doing that & will allow us an extra TS meal!:)

Tony

7. thornton0511

thornton0511 DIS Veteran

absolutely! I only know this because I too am in the planning phases right now and have done quite a bit of research, especially here on the disboards. These guys are a wealth of information here and have helped to make our two prior trips wonderful! We have a DS that will be 12yrs old on this trip with the DDP and he prefers the kid items and also eats like a bird so we will be doing this also. Oh, remember though that any places you eat that are served buffet or family style you will still be charged an adult TS credit and will not be allowed to save the credit! Have fun planning :)

8. McDanielFamily

Excellent point on the buffet, I never thought about that one!! That is definitely a fact to consider as we plan. The DD that will be 10 is the same way as your DS...eats like a bird! :)

Thanks so much for the tips, these are all things I never considered!

9. frannn

frannn <font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread

DD10 likes to order, but not to eat. That wasn't so horrible when we paying for her as a kid, but won't work with adult prices. For this reason, we're stretching our credits by adding a few extra lunches and paying out of pocket for kid's meals at the non-buffet, non-family style places. Maybe next year she'll be different, but her tummy is still in child mode right now.

10. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

11. thornton0511

thornton0511 DIS Veteran

12. tinkerpea

tinkerpea DIS Veteran

We have 3 kids just over 10 and they either split meals or I paid for kids meals OOP then we adults used the credits for signatures and extra TS places that we wouldn't have been able to fit in other wise,
    It's a really grey idea to save the adult TS meals if your child eats next to nothing!!