DD is turning into bridezilla

Promomx2

DIS Veteran
My dear, sweet daughter is starting to turn into a bridezilla. Her wedding isn't until Jan 2010 but I'm even starting to count down the days. The other day she tried on her dress "just for fun" and complained that the crinolin was too poofy. :eek: After about an hour and me explaining to her that most dresses are poofy and that it was just like all the other times she tried it on, she finally shut up about it. She still hasn't decided whether it's going to be a athome wedding or a small disney wedding. I am leaning toward the small disney. She doesn't understand how idiotic are extended family can act and we must invite them at home. If I have to go to one more bridal show I think I'll scream. I have never met soooo many photographers. And her dear fiance who is in the marines keeps asking every few months if the two of them can go ahead and get married so he can get a raise in his paycheck.:scared1: And of course my dh and I say if you get married now, no wedding. Thanks for vent time.

My dear, sweet daughter is starting to turn into a bridezilla. Her wedding isn't until Jan 2010 but I'm even starting to count down the days. The other day she tried on her dress "just for fun" and complained that the crinolin was too poofy. :eek: After about an hour and me explaining to her that most dresses are poofy and that it was just like all the other times she tried it on, she finally shut up about it. She still hasn't decided whether it's going to be a athome wedding or a small disney wedding. I am leaning toward the small disney. She doesn't understand how idiotic are extended family can act and we must invite them at home. If I have to go to one more bridal show I think I'll scream. I have never met soooo many photographers. And her dear fiance who is in the marines keeps asking every few months if the two of them can go ahead and get married so he can get a raise in his paycheck.:scared1: And of course my dh and I say if you get married now, no wedding. Thanks for vent time.

:hug: I am sure this isn't easy for mothers...my mom had the pleasure of dealing with me becoming bridezilla last week. :scared1: I had to accept that this is a pretty emotional time (something I wasn't expecting) and that honestly somethings just don't go as planned. :headache: So, I came up with a back-up plan...took a deep breath and put these on :cool2: I'm still not into the whole planning bit yet again-last week thru me for a loop...:confused3
My mom and I only do so much wedding stuff at a time. (I am also a 2010 bride) b/c honestly...it's exhausting.
It is obvious that you want her to have the very best. The best I can say is hang in there...:flower3:

Suggest she get married at Disney. You get assigned a wedding planner and they really take alot of the stress off the wedding. Our WP made planning our wedding so easy. Especially if you do a small wedding at Disney.

Linda

Ok watch the show Bridezillas on WE...your daughter seems NOTHING like a bridezilla compared to those ladies!!

Aww try not to stress about it. she just seems indecisive about what she wants to do. I'm sure she will figure everything out when the time is right.

Hang in there...oh and if you want to see a crazy bridezilla watch the show lol! I think it will make you feel better about your daughter.

Good luck with everything :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement. You know how some people can't see the forest because of the trees, well that's my dd. She has this grand illusion of a huge wedding, inviting everyone we have EVER known and it will be perfect. I'm trying nicely to not pop her bubble, but just also I don't want to have her special day ruined with her unrealistic expectations. That's why I'm showing her the escape at WDW. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter