DCP Spring 2014

No problem! The tough question thread is where people who are applying for the DCP is VERY HELPFUL BEFORE anybody phone interview. It is helping me...

Phone interview Tuesday at 12:30!!! I'm so so nervous!!!! If anybody has anymore potential interview questions they'd like to share I would really appreciate it!!!

Here are some questions they might asked! Some are REPEAT. This was taking from the Tough Question Thread. Thank you y'all for giving us these questions! This is from different people who already taken the phone interview. I recommend copy and paste on a word document and print out to study! Here they are... (LONG LIST)

Why do you want to work for Disney?
-Do you have a driver's license?
-What's your favorite part of your current job? What's the hardest part?
-Are you required to count cash back when on the register at your job?
-Describe a time you went above and beyond to accomplish a great deal in a small amount of time.
-How do you feel when you are engrossed in a task and someone interrupts you?
-How much time do you spend a day on the computer? What do you use it for?
-Why do you want to do photopass?
-Describe a photo that has special meaning to you.
-Do you have any theater experience?
-What would you do if you came home and your apartment was a mess?
-Have you had experience presenting information to a large group of people? How does doing this make you feel?
-What is the largest amount of material you have had to memorize and then perform?
-Why do you want to do the Disney College Program?
1. What is your past experience and name some things you had to do in each.
2. How often are you on the computer?
3. What kinds of problems might arise when living with other people?
4. What is your favorite kind of weather?
5. Do you have any problem with working in hot climates?
6. Attractions has a lot to do with memorizing spiels, what's the longest thing you've had to memorize?
7. Have you ever given a speech in front of a crowd?
8. What would you expect from a full service hostess?
9. What made you interested in becoming a lifeguard?
10. What is your experience with money?
11. Would you consider yourself a team player or independent worker?
12. If working at a Resort restaurant, how would you treat the guests?
13. How would you react calmly in an emergency?
1. General questions- tattoos, criminal charges, am I okay with the pay; etc.
2. Why do I want to work for Disney/do the CP (I forget how it was worded exactly)- I totally talked her ear off on this one!!
3. She asked me to talk about my past work experiences.
4. What my top choices for roles are, and why I want to do them.
5. How often am I on the computer and what do I use it for.
6. What would I do if a roommate did not cooperate with my sleep schedule (the morning/night person question).
7. Have I ever handled money.
8. Role-specific questions for Main Entrance and Attractions (how would I instill Disney magic from beginning to end at the entrances, have I ever had to memorize anything, how do I do speaking in front of large crowds). I wanted her to ask the Space Mountain question and the line-closing question for Character Attendant to prove my Disney knowledge, but this didn't happen.
She asked if there were any roles that I had any questions about or that I wanted to add to my list. I had selected FSFB, QSFB, and attractions but did add merchandise during the interview. (She didn't ask me my top 3 but considering I had only picked 3 to begin with there wasn't really a reason to ask.)
After that she went into the role specific questions and I will try to write down all I remember...
1) Why do you want to do the CP/ work at Disney?
2) How do you feel living with 1-7 roommates?
3) How would you greet guests coming into the restaurant?
4) How would you manage getting tasks completed with interuptions?
5) Have you had to give any type of presentation, how long was it, and how did you feel doing it?
6) How would you feel about working outdoors?
7) Do you prefer to work as a team or individually?
8) At what pace do you prefer to work?(I think that was pretty much it on those questions)
After that she went through a few more yes or no questions pertaining to the application.
At the end she asked if I had anymore questions about the program and that is when I mentioned I wanted to work at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom if I was chosen for FSFB but would be happy to work anywhere in the MK.
-Do you mind working indoors or outdoors, in hot or cold weather?
-If you were doing a task that was repetitive, how would you keep yourself interested in it?
-Would you rather work alone or in a group setting?
-Would you rather work in a slow or fast paced environment?
-How do you feel if you are interrupted while doing a task?
-Tell me about your past jobs.
-Have you ever lived with roommates before?
-What are some problems you've encountered with roommates?
-What are your top roles and why do you want them?
~I said Character Attendant, Main Entrance Operations, Full Service Food & Beverage, and Hospitality. She did not ask me any character attendant questions, nor if I wanted to work QSFB or Custodial, but she did ask about other roles on my list - I checked off quite a lot.

Hospitality
-What do you feel is the main responsibility of working the front desk?
Full Service Food & Beverage
-How would you greet guests as they come into the restaurant?
Attractions
-How do you feel about performing and memorizing long scripts or speeches?
-If you were cast in an Attractions role, would you prefer one with a long spiel to memorize, or one with a more moderate spiel?
Photopass Photographer
-Tell me about your experience with photography.
Vacation Planner
-If a guest were to come up to you as a Vacation Planner, what do you think they would expect?

- Do you have experience living with roommates?
- How do you feel about living with up to 7 people with different backgrounds and lifestyles?
- What is your work experience?
- Do you prefer to work at a slow or fast pace?
- Do you prefer working indoors or out?
- Describe an experience where you have had to deal with an irate guest and how you handled the situation.
- If you were becoming overwhelmed with work and knew you were unable to complete the tasks given, what would you do?
- How do you react when you are interrupted during a task?
- How do you feel about repeating the same words or hearing the same music day in and day out?
Attractions:
1) What would you say to a child too short to ride the ride?
2) Why does attractions interest you?

BBB:
1) Do you have any experience working with hair?
2) Have you ever worked closely with small children?

Photopass:
1) Why do you want to work Photopass?
2) Have you worked with professional cameras before?
3) (She asked me about specific model cameras)

But I didn't get into the program, that time so when I applied again, I got asked some different questions the second interview. (The Photopass questions were essentially the same.)

Character Attendant:
1) What do you think is the most important thing to being a Character Attendant? (Like, imagine if you were one, what adivce would you give to a new CA?)
2) Imagine you were the Character Attendant for Mickey Mouse, and the line was getting longer and longer, but Mickey had to go offstage. What would you tell your guests?*
3) Do you have any experience in theater, like being a backstage manager? Did you prefer being backstage or a performer? Why?

Then there were the general questions of:
1) Have you ever worked somewhere where you handled money?
2) Have you ever lived on your own or with roommates before?
3) Do you prefer a fast-paced workplace? Or maybe a medium or slow-paced?
4) Do you prefer working inside or out?
5) Do you enjoy variety in the workplace? Or do you prefer the same thing every day?
6) How well do you think you can handle being given a variety of jobs and deciding for yourself which ones are the most important to complete first?
7) Why do you want to be in the DCP?
8) Are you more of a leader? Or maybe you just go with the flow?
9) Do your friends or co-workers look to you for guidence? (That was because I answered with leader for the last question)
-Have you ever worked for the Walt Disney Company before?
-Why do you want to do the Disney College Program?
-Are you familiar with The Disney Look?
-She asked if I wanted Fall or Fall Advantage and I said Fall.
-Do you have any tattoos or piercings that would be visible outside of a one piece bathing suit?
-Do you have any experience living with roommates?
-How would you handle a problem that might arise from living with roommates?
-She asked me about talk about my previous job and what my duties were.
-She asked me what my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pick for roles were and why I wanted to do each of them.
-For character attendant she asked me what I would do if a child was hesitant to meet a character.
-For merch she asked me if I have any experience handling cash/credit cards.
-Are you comfortable with working indoors and outdoors in hot or cold temperatures?
-For attractions she asked how would I deal with a task that is repetitive.
-For attractions she asked me if I have ever talked in front of a large audience before and how I felt about it.
Do I prefer working in a fast paced, medium paced, or slow environment?
Do I have a valid US drivers license? (She actually messed up and asked me this twice and we had a good laugh about it. Just be comfortable, because they are just people too!)
- Have you ever had any experience living with roommates?
- Tell me about your work experience
- Tell me about a time when you had a lot of tasks to complete at once
- What are your top two role choices? (Attractions and Character Attendant)
- Are you comfortable with talking in front of a large audience?
- If you had to do the same thing over and over again every day how would you keep it interesting?
- Have you ever had any experience handling money?
- Why do you want to be a Character Attendant?
- How do you feel about being interrupted during a task?
- If you were the first person guests see when they come into the park, what would you do to ensure they have a good day?
- Do you prefer working at a fast or slow pace?
1. Why do you want to do the Disney College Program?
2. Why do you want to be a Vacation Planner (my top role)?
3. What is your previous work experience?
4. What is the hardest part of your current job?
5. Name a time you went over and beyond for a guest.
6. Would you prefer to work indoors or outdoors?
7. What pace do you work best at? Slow, moderate, or fast?
8. Do you prefer to work alone or are you a team player?
9. How do you deal with multiple guests at a time?
10. How would you feel about being a character attendant? Low, Moderate, or High Interest?
11. What are your top 3 roles?
12. What do you think are the main responsibilities of someone who works as a concierge?
13. Have you ever dealt with a VIP customer?
14. (This one pertains more to my top role) Since you are the first person that the guests meet when they enter the parks, How would you make their experience a magical one?
15. Do you have a valid drivers license? (This pertains to my 2nd rolecostuming)
16. Have you ever had to deal with living with a roommate?
17. How do you deal with with conflicts with roommates?
18. How would you feel about being a character attendant?
19. How would you feel about being a character performer?
Have I ever worked for Walt Disney World before?

2- Why do I want to participate in the college program?

3- What are my top two job choices while in the program?

4- Are you comfortable speaking in front of crowds and why? (list specific experience with public speaking)

5- Are you familiar with the pay rates Disney offers its cast members?

6- Are you familiar with the Disney look?

7- Name a time you had multiple things to do and what you did in that situation. (Not exactly how it was asked but it was generally worded like this)

8- Have you ever lived with someone else in a college dormitory?

9- Are you comfortable with being interrupted and how has your previous job experience prepared you for that?

10- Why are you interested in photography?

11- Do you feel you are a strong swimmer?

12- Do you have any visible piercings or tattoos that are visible when you wear a bathing suit?

:grouphug:

Has anyone that applied yesterday (friday) afternoon and after got an email for web interview? My younger daughter just applied & is freaking out cuz last year her sister got her web interview email within minutes of completing her application. TIA

I applied last night, passed the web-based interview this morning, and scheduled my phone interview for Tuesday, September 17, at 2:30 PM! That's ten days away! I just had to pick my most comfortable time, though, and mid-afternoon was only available for that day. At least I have plenty of time to prepare!

Roles I applied for:

High Interest: Hospitality, Vacation Planner, Concierge
Moderate Interest: Attractions, Photopass

I'm so excited!

Has anyone that applied yesterday (friday) afternoon and after got an email for web interview? My younger daughter just applied & is freaking out cuz last year her sister got her web interview email within minutes of completing her application. TIA

I know a lot of people who applied Wednesday & still haven't gotten the email, it could take a few days or a week or so, so tell her not to freak out to bad! it took me about 4 hours to get my email, but some people are waiting 30hours +!

hey guys! I just finished my web interview and now I made my phone interview for next sunday!! For my top roles I'm going to pick hospitality and concierge... does anyone know any specific questions they would have for either of those? Let me know and good luck to everyone else applying! :cheer2::grouphug:

Just had my phone interview with Ian. Half hour or so. I talked ALOT lol and quoted Mary Poppins :)

LibbyLovesDisney said:
I know a lot of people who applied Wednesday & still haven't gotten the email, it could take a few days or a week or so, so tell her not to freak out to bad! it took me about 4 hours to get my email, but some people are waiting 30hours +!

Thanks bunches. I will share that with her. Good luck everyone!

I don't think it's bad to have a long interview, or a short interview. Have heard of people with both who have gotten in. My son's was really short. 10 minutes maybe, and he got in. I kind of think that depends on who you get interviewing.

i've heard so many different things about the phone interview, from someone having to answer tons of questions to someone just chatting about Jungle Cruise, so I really think it depends all on who interviews you.

hey guys! I just finished my web interview and now I made my phone interview for next sunday!! For my top roles I'm going to pick hospitality and concierge... does anyone know any specific questions they would have for either of those? Let me know and good luck to everyone else applying! :cheer2::grouphug:

They don't always ask job specific questions but I would imagine hospitality and concierge questions would be what would you do in the event a guest is unhappy with their room? What would you suggest for a family of 4 with 2 kids and 2 parents? How would you let a family know you were unable to find fastpass+ or dinner reservations for what they wanted?

Any words of wisdom for the WBI?? I've done them before for other companies, but I don't want to screw this up. Are all the questions strongly disagree, disagree, agree, strongly agree??

Any words of wisdom for the WBI?? I've done them before for other companies, but I don't want to screw this up. Are all the questions strongly disagree, disagree, agree, strongly agree??

Yes, there are a lot like that. Try to answer all "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree"

I applied for a few PI's and an MI, all in the same department. A couple of days later a manager from that department added me on LinkedIn, any ideas on what I should think about that? I can't think of a reason it would be bad, but it just seems unusual to me and I'm not sure how to interpret it. I'm sure most of you can relate to the anxiety (and sometimes paranoia) of waiting through this process.

Good luck everybody!

Woo Hoo! I got through the WBI, and now I'm waiting for the next email.

Do they take into consideration the location you prefer the most or do they put you where ever they want to?

I'd love to work in CA because of future possibilities, but I would not have any issues going back to FL for a few months.

Woo Hoo! I got through the WBI, and now I'm waiting for the next email.

Do they take into consideration the location you prefer the most or do they put you where ever they want to?

I'd love to work in CA because of future possibilities, but I would not have any issues going back to FL for a few months.

As long as you applied for both programs they will take into consideration your first choice.

So I'm applying for my first DCP with my best friend! So nervous though!! My tops choices are
1. Character attendant
2. Photopass
3. Attractions
4. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
5. Character performer
Super excited to start the process and will hopefully get accepted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter