DCP Fall 2014

Oh don't be nervous! I didn't get my email until about 10:30 pm. (So I guess it takes forever for everyone haha)

Oh! Okay. Phew. I was wondering if I was going to get something about my phone interview anyway. I'm just glad it's done now. I feel as if the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. (But still over me because this waiting is already intense!)

Oh! Okay. Phew. I was wondering if I was going to get something about my phone interview anyway. I'm just glad it's done now. I feel as if the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. (But still over me because this waiting is already intense!)

I was so crazy nervous before and during the interview. I'm still a little nervous now, but there's nothing to do but hope we got in. :tinker:

Do they have a set number of people they allow in every program, or does it vary?

HOLY LORD I AM NERVOUS

At my housing orientation for fall 2013 they had a pre-orientation slideshow going on the TVs that said about 14,000 students participate in the program every year. Divide that by 2 seasons and you could assume 7,000 people get in every season.

At my housing orientation for fall 2013 they had a pre-orientation slideshow going on the TVs that said about 14,000 students participate in the program every year. Divide that by 2 seasons and you could assume 7,000 people get in every season.

Not quite. Of those 14,000 about 500 are Culinary, 2,000 are International, and 1,000 are cultural reps. Leaving about 10,500 College program slots each year. Factor in extensions and that number can drop to 9,000. So really, 4,500 per "season." Those 4,500 are spread across the United States. Pretty incredible when you look at the big picture of it all...

I used to work in Housing, these numbers fluctuate every year but stay around those levels.

Not quite. Of those 14,000 about 500 are Culinary, 2,000 are International, and 1,000 are cultural reps. Leaving about 10,500 College program slots each year. Factor in extensions and that number can drop to 9,000. So really, 4,500 per "season." Those 4,500 are spread across the United States. Pretty incredible when you look at the big picture of it all...

I used to work in Housing, these numbers fluctuate every year but stay around those levels.

Those are some crazy numbers! I asked my interviewer how many people applied before Monday and she said around 10,000 at least.

I'm glad everyone is keeping us up to date with their progress!

So happy for everyone who had their phone interview!
Welcome to the wonderful waiting game with me!

Best of luck!

Those are some crazy numbers! I asked my interviewer how many people applied before Monday and she said around 10,000 at least.

Yikes! :scared1: Those numbers make me super nervous! It's a lot more than I was expecting. I guess though that of all the applicant's, we're most prepared in general, which is why I see such high numbers of DISers accepted each term! So we're all on the right track :)

My phone interview is Friday at 7, and I am just bouncing off of the walls in excitement/nervousness. Luckily I have classes and rehearsals for a production of The Tempest going on, or I wouldn't know what to do with myself!

Yikes! :scared1: Those numbers make me super nervous! It's a lot more than I was expecting. I guess though that of all the applicant's, we're most prepared in general, which is why I see such high numbers of DISers accepted each term! So we're all on the right track :)

My phone interview is Friday at 7, and I am just bouncing off of the walls in excitement/nervousness. Luckily I have classes and rehearsals for a production of The Tempest going on, or I wouldn't know what to do with myself!

I do think we're definitely most prepared. ;)
Good luck on your interview! It's great that you're keeping busy.

Perhaps the sign I read intended to convey how many people would stay in housing over the course of a year. Either way it was a ballpark number that conveyed how limited the program's capacity is when you look at the sheer number of people who apply.

Yikes! Those numbers make me super nervous! It's a lot more than I was expecting. I guess though that of all the applicant's, we're most prepared in general, which is why I see such high numbers of DISers accepted each term! So we're all on the right track

Don't sweat the interview. If you found your way to this specific board then you've probably done 10x more research than most people applying and are prepared. My sister actually applied a few days ago and passed the WBI so now she's constantly asking me to throw interview questions at her to prepare. Assuming she gets in and gets merchandise there's actually a chance I could be one of her trainers if she's placed in the Emporium.:scared1:

Don't sweat the interview. If you found your way to this specific board then you've probably done 10x more research than most people applying and are prepared. My sister actually applied a few days ago and passed the WBI so now she's constantly asking me to throw interview questions at her to prepare. Assuming she gets in and gets merchandise there's actually a chance I could be one of her trainers if she's placed in the Emporium.:scared1:

Thanks! I'm actually less nervous for the phone interview than I was for the WBI; I messed that up last year and was afraid I'd never get to actually talk to a person about why I want to do DCP lol.

Best of luck to your sister! My brother on a whim said he might apply the other day, so I could end up with a sibling down there too! As long as they don't hire him and not me XD

Thanks! I applied Advantage first choice as well. The more time in Disney the better! I'm from Vermont actually. We usually take our Disney vacations in February or so to get away from the cold, haha! Forida was my first choice when I was looking at schools, but I ended up in Boston instead which is nice. But my heart is definitely shouting that Disney is where I need to be. pooh: How about you?

Same here with the heart shouting towards Disney!:cutie:
I'm originally from CA. I first started going to Disneyland at 4years old (when my family got annual passes) and the rest is history, lol.:mickeyjum
I'm in HI right now for college but miss being by a Disney park. Disney Aulani Resort is just a hotel and pool but it is the closest Disney park I can get to right now, so it was really nice to visit there!

Long time lurker, first time poster here on the college thread. :D I have my phone interview on Tuesday and I'm crazy nervous!! I applied previously for the baking program and didn't even get to a WBI or anything, so I'm not entirely sure what I messed up there. My top four role choices are hospitality, concierge, photopass photographer, and retail. I know retail is most likely where I'll end up since that's where I have experience, but does anyone know the likely hood of getting something like hospitality if A) your major isn't in hospitality and B) you don't have hospitality experience? Thanks!!

And best of luck to everyone who has interviewed and is going to interview!!

Hi Everyone ! Just wanted to introduce myself! I'm a 20 year old (turning 21 in two months) DCP Fall 2014 hopeful! I major in hospitality and had my phone interview on Monday ....now I'm just waiting to hear back!

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided to join all you awesome people! Hopefully we can make friends so finding a roomie will be easier for all of us! :cool1:

Crosses fingers that we all got in!

Had my interview this morning, and I think it went pretty great, apart from a few moments getting tongue tied. I also goofed up the name of an attraction. I was asked how I'd handle a child too small to ride a ride, and I used Space Mountain as an example, and said that I'd also suggest something the child could ride, and I just BLANKED on the name of Astro Orbitors. Just vanished from my head. she thought it was funny that I was so mortified I forgot the name of a ride.

We talked a LOT about attractions, which was my #1 choice, so I hope that bodes well.

Now to wait.

Hey guys!!
So, I just wanted to share this with you.
I'm in a DCP F/FA 14 facebook group, and it's been really nice. Everyone's really supportive, but not as well-researched as we are on here. Anyway!
Someone posted really recently today, and said that her after her interview today her interviewer, instead of saying "you'll hear back in 2-3 weeks" said, "You'll hear back significantly soon" and told her to check her dashboard frequently!
I'm hoping this means we'll start to see the first wave of acceptances on Valentine's Day! How awesome is that?
Good luck to you all! :Dpixiedust:

I just had my phone interview with Maria, and I really have no idea how it went, I'm not a good judge of that.
But, I did want to let you all know some of the questions I was asked so it might help you!
Are you aware and receptive to the Disney look?
What would you do if a task was repetitive to keep your interest?
Are you comfortable working outdoors?
If there was a lull at your designated spot what would you do? ** Hadn't heard this one before
If a restaurant was running behind and a party had been waiting for 30 minutes and approached the podium, what would you say to them? **Or this one actually
How would you stay calm in an emergency?

These are just the ones I scribbled something down for. Hope they help someone! My top 3 roles were hospitality, attractions, and full service food and beverage.
Good luck everyone!

Hey guys!!
So, I just wanted to share this with you.
I'm in a DCP F/FA 14 facebook group, and it's been really nice. Everyone's really supportive, but not as well-researched as we are on here. Anyway!
Someone posted really recently today, and said that her after her interview today her interviewer, instead of saying "you'll hear back in 2-3 weeks" said, "You'll hear back significantly soon" and told her to check her dashboard frequently!
I'm hoping this means we'll start to see the first wave of acceptances on Valentine's Day! How awesome is that?
Good luck to you all! :Dpixiedust:

Very interesting, I was given the 2-3 week thing this morning, but was told it might be sooner. So I guess will see! *fingers still crossed*

I just had my phone interview with Maria, and I really have no idea how it went, I'm not a good judge of that.
But, I did want to let you all know some of the questions I was asked so it might help you!
Are you aware and receptive to the Disney look?
What would you do if a task was repetitive to keep your interest?
Are you comfortable working outdoors?
If there was a lull at your designated spot what would you do? ** Hadn't heard this one before
If a restaurant was running behind and a party had been waiting for 30 minutes and approached the podium, what would you say to them? **Or this one actually
How would you stay calm in an emergency?

These are just the ones I scribbled something down for. Hope they help someone! My top 3 roles were hospitality, attractions, and full service food and beverage.
Good luck everyone!

a lull at your designated spot? Thats an interesting question, and a pretty good one actually! I'm sure you did fine, good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter