• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Policy changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! I just found out about the smoking ban on verandahs. While I'm happy about it in a way. I dropped my stateroom to an inside since I can't handle any smoke.

Now I'm worried that on the decks it will be way too smoky for me. I get asthma so fast with just the tiniest bit of smoke. As it was last year I didn't spend much time at all on deck as I was worried I was on the smoking side or that it would blow towards me.

I guess my mom won't mind too much since she quite smoking :), but that is why she booked a verandah room.

Any reports on whether you think there are more smokers on the deck now?

The "no verandah smoking" policy isn't effective until Nov 15. So, probably not a lot of difference yet.

Stop sailing DCL because you wouldn't be able to drink as much? Is that what you meant?

It's not that you can't drink as much as it's the cost of purchasing onboard, I believe. Purchasing drinks onboard add up quickly and that is why Disney can get away with their prices. They are one of the few cruise lines that allow you to bring on your own alcohol.

I don't drink, but I don't recall seeing anyone that I thought had had too much to drink on my last cruise.

Over50, yr question is kind of what I am wondering about. Would seeing people in golf shorts at dinner really upset you so much you would stop cruising Disney?
Would not being able to smoke on yr verandah really make you stop cruising Disney?

It seems like a lot of people answer yes to that, which is very interesting!

I haven't seen many, if any, people saying that would cause them to stop cruising Disney.

I don't think anyone would not cruise because of golf shorts, and I suspect almost no one will quit DCL because of the verandah no smoking rule.

My question was prompted by a post that appeared to say they would quit cruising DCL if they couldn't carry on their on alcohol and couldn't drink alcohol at any time as you can now. That didn't make sense to me, so I was asking if that is what they meant.

I love the Disney pins, and would like to see them set a limited edition pin to one or two per stateroom. When we did the first west bound Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder, I was stunned at how early people lined up and how long the line was to buy them each day. NO WAY would I sit in line before the doors open. I like them, but not that much.

I love the Disney pins, and would like to see them set a limited edition pin to one or two per stateroom. When we did the first west bound Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder, I was stunned at how early people lined up and how long the line was to buy them each day. NO WAY would I sit in line before the doors open. I like them, but not that much.

We experienced the same of that cruise. It made zero sense that DCL offered fewer pins than there were passengers. We chose to spend that hour or so enjoying the cruise rather than standing in a line!

That approach was nuts; Disney should have simply authorized 1 of each style per stateroom or passenger, and there are any number of simple ways to implement that. I've read the pins cost them about a quarter to manufacturer, would have been nice to have a set of those instead of the game box they gave us.

But, every single time we book a veranda we always wonder if we are completely wasting money bcs we have been next to heavy smokers whose smoke is so nasty to us. Can't even open our window.

So, we waste the money to pay for a veranda that we can't use. I know a lot of people say they won't book if they can't smoke. Are there really a lot of you out there that are really serious about that being a show stopper? I am curious about the numbers with this...it seems to me Disney usually crunches numbers
When faced with this type of dilemma. Do us die hard smoke haters really outnumber smokers that cruise Disney?

What window?? All of the cruise lines ask that you not leave the DOOR to your balcony open, anyway. I've always had a hard time imagining that a BUNCH of smoke could get into a neighbor's stateroom just from them opening their door long enough to step outside or inside. Either way, doesn't really matter any more.

I have been trying really hard to not say this...because I know that no one will believe me, or agree with me....but......for 15 years, people have been filling out comment cards at the end of their Disney cruise. For 15 years, non-smokers have probably been asking Disney to ban smoking on the balconies, or ban it altogether. But Disney didn't change the rules in those 15 years.
Truth be told.......the new ban that will be taking place had NOTHING TO DO WITH PASSENGER COMPLAINTS.

And that's all I'm going to say. Eventually, the whole story will be told.

Since the warning about making this another smoking discussion has been ignored multiple times, this thread is also closed.

Please, no more threads or discussion about the DCL smoking policy.

I picked the lock to this thread. Lol! Just kidding. Doc, you forgot to close it.

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter