DCL new mask policy on sailings from 3/11/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be interested to see how long some of the other artifacts of the pandemic stick around. Those belt stanchions around the pools and plexiglass at the registers bother me more than masks ever did.
The whole plexiglass thing has always been weird to me. I mean....I get it in basic theory, but COVID can travel up, under, or around those things bc...yanno....air. I mean, if masks are going, the plexiglass should as well IMHO. Def curious to see what other things DCL starts rolling back in the next couple of weeks, unannounced or otherwise.

Interesting - Only thing is so I have a 6 year old and 3 year old. So my 3 year old will have to wear a mask in Oceanears Club but not my 6 year old?
Yes. But you could always ask your 6yr old to wear one so the 3 yr old won't be upset about it. They're becoming optional in our schools next week and I know my daughter isn't ready to stop wearing one yet, despite being fully vaxxed and boosted...if nothing else, mask wearing seems to have prevented a bunch of other illnesses... really haven't had colds/stomach bugs since Covid started/masks being worn.

And what part of Castaway Cay requires it? Bathrooms? Trams? Just curious.

Last week, masks were required on the trams, and at food areas (Cookies / Cookies Too / Serenity Bay adult dining). I figured they were also required inside the bathrooms (I wore mine) although there wasn't any monitoring there.

The whole plexiglass thing has always been weird to me. I mean....I get it in basic theory, but COVID can travel up, under, or around those things bc...yanno....air. I mean, if masks are going, the plexiglass should as well IMHO. Def curious to see what other things DCL starts rolling back in the next couple of weeks, unannounced or otherwise.

The plexiglass was an early defensive measure when the consensus was that the virus mostly spread through droplets. So, the idea was to prevent someone from coughing or sneezing on someone else.

Last week, masks were required on the trams, and at food areas (Cookies / Cookies Too / Serenity Bay adult dining). I figured they were also required inside the bathrooms (I wore mine) although there wasn't any monitoring there.
Thanks! I wasn't thinking about the buffet areas.

Interesting - Only thing is so I have a 6 year old and 3 year old. So my 3 year old will have to wear a mask in Oceanears Club but not my 6 year old?
Yes, according to the new rules the 3-yr-old must wear a mask at the Club/Lab and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Your 6-yr-old may wear one if you so choose. I know some families at the parks opted for the whole family to wear one anytime the little needed to do so.

The plexiglass was an early defensive measure when the consensus was that the virus mostly spread through droplets. So, the idea was to prevent someone from coughing or sneezing on someone else.
Masking under-5s was an early defensive measure when the consensus was that under-5s presented a risk to older vulnerable people before they had universal access to vaccines. Yet here we are.

Yeah totally get where it came from. More for the protection of the staff than anything else I imagine. I work at a library system and we've had them up at our staff interaction points (info desks) this whole time too. I know at least most of our staff hate them though bc it's hard to talk to our patrons and makes it feel less personal. Wonder what CMs think about them?

Do think that the early thinking of "just block the droplets" has gone away though. I know that most places don't allow for people to just wear those clear faceshields if they don't also have a mask on. Wouldn't be surprised to see Disney remove these barriers soon but guess we'll see!

Interesting they explicitly mentioned the requirement for the Walt Disney Theater....unless they're going to allow food and drink again in there and want everyone masked while not eating or drinking like they had before. Guess I'll enjoy watching movies maskless in the Buena Vista Theater. Works for me.

I am so angry right now. We sail on Saturday March 5. It goes into effect the day after we get back.
The same thing happend to us at WDW last summer. It was lifted and put back in place just before our vacation.
Why can I never win.
This is usually my luck in life too sometimes.

Yeah totally get where it came from and I also understand why they still have them up. More for the protection of the staff than anything else I imagine. I work at a library system and we've had them up at our staff interaction points (info desks) this whole time too. I know at least most of our staff hate them though bc it's hard to talk to our patrons and makes it feel less personal. Wonder what CMs think about them?
Watching people interact at a plexiglass barrier on a ship or in the parks goes something like this: The cast and guest can't hear one another or read each others lips, so they end up leaning forward around the barrier and shouting into one another's faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter