DCL Confessions

I obtained a Platinum Castaway Club lanyard and gave seriously considered wearing it on my last cruise to see if I would get any responses from fellow club members or crew. But in the end I did not. I will just wait 7 more cruises to receive mine.

Sorry, Blonde in me is asking, Knewton, was that Aladdin you were in the elevator with? :lovestruc

Well.....
I was partially right.;)

He was a Prince.....
And -

yyeess, he was from overseas........

BUT -
Yes , I hate to admit it, but yes hit was HIM - Prince Ali Ababwa (from the Disney move, "Aladdin").....AND I NEVER KNEW IT!

I am not blonde, but I didn't get either one of Knewton's points. Bet you are right- that had to be Aladdin.

Now, about Goofy....what am I not getting?

I learned that night (via the DL Cartoonist) that Goofy is a dog and according to her, Goofy doesn't "wear shoes."

ok.....makes sense.:goodvibes

I think we are all missing something. Possibly it is whatever Knewtown is smoking.

ok....I will admit it, I have been 'smoking' waaaayyyyy toooo much cherry cool-aid!!:rotfl:

ANYWHO -
Just click my heels 3 times & say, "Only 176 more days until my next vacation, only 176 more days until my next vacation.......;)

Fun thread!:lmao:

T.T.F.N.

Yes , I hate to admit it, but yes hit was HIM - Aladdin.....AND I NEVER KNEW IT!

I learned that night (via the DL Cartoonist) that Goofy is a dog and according to her, Goofy doesn't "wear shoes."

ok.....makes sense.:goodvibes

ok....I will admit it, I have been smoking waaaayyyyy toooo much cherry cool-aid!!:rotfl:

ANYWHO -
Just click my heels 3 times & say, "Only 176 more days until my next vacation, only 176 more days until my next vacation.......;)

Fun thread!:lmao:

T.T.F.N.

It's not just that he doesn't wear shoes. Goofy's hands are really his feet too. He's a dog. I'll confess though I never understood why Pluto, also a dog, is relegated to walking on all fours, doesn't speak except barking, and doesn't wear clothes. Goofy, a dog, wears clothes, walks upright, speaks words, and uses his front paws as hands. The only thing more concerning is the fact that I actually spent time pondering this! LOL

knewton64 said:
Yes , I hate to admit it, but yes hit was HIM - Aladdin.....AND I NEVER KNEW IT!

This is not meant to sound mean, but despite my years of living in Mi (think West Bloomfield or Ann Arbor) with the highest Arabic population outside of middle East, I never saw anyone in a big white turban or parachute pants tho... So this story is funny!!

If u google goofy it will tell you am show u he is a dog

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We were told on a DCL bus that Goofy is actually a mule while Pluto is a dog.

That is incorrect, his name was in fact Dippy Dawg originally in the 1930s.
Dippy_Dawg.jpg

Goodness, I was feeling guilty about taking 3 sets of shampoo, conditioner & body botter as a souvenir for 3 close friends in 2006. Now I'm reading about all of you stashing them!! No wonder they don't give the body butter away.
Have any of you went online to the H2O site?
I've purchased several items from them and they are well worth the price.
As you have experienced �� stashing them. LOL
They carry body butter, shampoo etc. $$$

If u google goofy it will tell you am show u he is a dog

I googled it and actually found quite a lot of things to support the idea that he is a mule, pictures included. However, I have no clue how to link things.

My confession is that I've been on this board for a few years and have never actually sailed on DCL or any other line!!! We are hoping to sail for the first time ever this Oct on the Wonder. Hopefully it will happen so that I finally have DCL experience and can contribute in the future. :)

It's not just that he doesn't wear shoes. Goofy's hands are really his feet too. He's a dog. I'll confess though I never understood why Pluto, also a dog, is relegated to walking on all fours, doesn't speak except barking, and doesn't wear clothes. Goofy, a dog, wears clothes, walks upright, speaks words, and uses his front paws as hands. The only thing more concerning is the fact that I actually spent time pondering this! LOL

Glad I'm not the only one!

Goofy and Pluto are my two favorite characters and I've never gotten a picture with Goofy since cruising. I have with Pluto.

I think Pluto is a lab based on personality. But his ears make me think some sort of hound. He could be an American lab (longer snout, colors, etc) and have some of the recessive pre-Labrador traits (which would explain the ears.). I've never heard of Goofy being a mule though I've never heard of. I just though Goofy was a human-fied hound. I could be wrong.

...Now I feel bad that I've spent time on that topic.

I booked our first cruise on a whim only 9 days from sailing. I am a planner so I crammed all kinds of research into those few days. My husband wasn't eager to go. I know think about the cruise, and going back, regularly. I just need to convince him. I would rather go on a cruise and only spend a couple of days in the park.

We were told on a DCL bus that Goofy is actually a mule while Pluto is a dog.

I always thought he was a dog too. But now that I think of it, being a mule makes a little more sense since he's paired up with Clarabelle the cow. Not that mules usually fall in love with cows...lol.

This thread gets better every day!

It embarrasses me when they announce my name upon boarding. I try to walk in with the family ahead of mine, like I'm just part of their group, so we can be under the radar. Lol.

It embarrasses me when they announce my name upon boarding. I try to walk in with the family ahead of mine, like I'm just part of their group, so we can be under the radar. Lol.

Think about it though u stands around to wych the next family walk through most of them are in so much awe... The only one who knows most the time is the ones behind you... And walking with the family in from there name was just called... But this is funny

I always thought he was a dog too. But now that I think of it, being a mule makes a little more sense since he's paired up with Clarabelle the cow. Not that mules usually fall in love with cows...lol.

This thread gets better every day!

He's not paired up with Clarabelle, that's Horace Horsecollar she pairs up with and he is a horse.
epicmickeycartooncharacterspic.jpg

He's not paired up with Clarabelle, that's Horace Horsecollar she pairs up with and he is a horse.

But now that I think about it I think Goofy has paired up with her from time to time, I think that's because Horace lost prevalence but Horace was her original boyfriend. The change in Clarabelles love interest maybe why I think whoever has said Goofy is a mule may be confusing his as Horace. I wonder if that is why Horace fell to the wayside, maybe because he resembled Goofy too much.

sorceressk said:

We had diff last names in our cabin. So when they asked, we said The Twins. That was a nice welcome..we overheard one of the CMs say "they really are twins!"

This has come up before. You can basically tell them...anything you want.

My confession is that I've been on this board for a few years and have never actually sailed on DCL or any other line!!! We are hoping to sail for the first time ever this Oct on the Wonder. Hopefully it will happen so that I finally have DCL experience and can contribute in the future. :)

That's ok! I can so relate. I joined this board prior to taking my first DCL to get info and it took awhile for my DCL dream to come true. I have now cruised DCL only once although I have cruised other lines. I would love to cruise DCL again in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter