• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL carry-on alcohol policy changing Sept. 30 2015

Ok we just got off the Fantasy today and had no issue at all bringing on the stated amount of beer or wine. They did pull my bottles out and look at them and my husband walked right through.

Buying in port was no issue either. We bout 2 6 packs they verified there were 2 adults present and then we had to check our 2 rum bottles

In disembarent day it was extremely easy to pick up the alcohol in fact we didn't even need our claim tickets. The claim table was right by where you walk off the ship so I personally think it is hard to miss.

There were still a ton of ppl drinking onboard so I do not think the alcohol policy hurt Disney at all.
Well, I don't know if it is hurting them or not, but we will not be doing an OBB for the first time on our next cruise. Although, really it's the pricing that is mainly driving that, the new policy was the straw that broke the camels back. It just makes it too hard to justify over other lines...

I'm sure this question has been asked & answered but I can't find it. Another cruise line will allow you to bring juice, soda water,etc on board if in boxes or cans. Can we do that on DCL?

I'm sure this question has been asked & answered but I can't find it. Another cruise line will allow you to bring juice, soda water,etc on board if in boxes or cans. Can we do that on DCL?

Yes, you are welcome to carry on as many non-alcoholic beverages as you wish. Unlike at least one other cruise line, DCL allows bottled beverages. You are not restricted to cans or other non-resealable containers. Just make sure it's in your carry on bag, not the luggage you hand off to the porters.

Is any booze included in the price of the cruise?

Essentially no. However, there are some exceptions. If you sail concierge, there is some bar service available at certain times. If your cruise includes a Captain's Reception, there will be complimentray drinks passed by servers. If you attend a DVC presentation, they seem to always have beverages available.

Essentially no. However, there are some exceptions. If you sail concierge, there is some bar service available at certain times. If your cruise includes a Captain's Reception, there will be complimentray drinks passed by servers. If you attend a DVC presentation, they seem to always have beverages available.

That part just struck me as funny. Nothing like making a major financial decision while enjoying some beverages... :drinking1sign me up...

That part just struck me as funny. Nothing like making a major financial decision while enjoying some beverages... :drinking1sign me up...

Well, there's not a lot of booze in the drinks... :)

Hey, they almost convinced my husband...and we live in Orlando! We don't need DVC. But half a drink in him and he's ready to buy buy buy! ;)

Plenty of people own DVC who live in Orlando and beyond. Home away from home and all that. :)

Do your research ahead of time, know that DCL doesn't actually give special deals anymore on DVC, and KNOW what you're getting into! Those dang commercials they show at the *owner* meetings nearly get DH every time! (and he doesn't drink! but he's a sentimental dude.)

Back on the topic, we have a cruise coming up in November so I was looking into some of the creative ways people sneak booze on board. Laughed out loud at some of the comments and ideas from rum runners in cargo shorts to heaving a bottle up onto the deck before boarding. People crack me up!!! I do think the policy should be based on the length of the cruise, doesn't seem right that you can take 2 bottles of wine whether it's a 3 day or 7 day. It is what it is. I'll probably just bring my 2 bottles and deal with it.

Back on the topic, we have a cruise coming up in November so I was looking into some of the creative ways people sneak booze on board. Laughed out loud at some of the comments and ideas from rum runners in cargo shorts to heaving a bottle up onto the deck before boarding. People crack me up!!! I do think the policy should be based on the length of the cruise, doesn't seem right that you can take 2 bottles of wine whether it's a 3 day or 7 day. It is what it is. I'll probably just bring my 2 bottles and deal with it.

Very good point

What I think is sad is that on my cruise in Jan 2016 is 6 days, 4 of which we will be at sea

I don't know if you're active in your cruise meet or not but there may be someone on your cruise that doesn't drink that would be willing to carry on for you. My wife and I don't drink but I'd be more than willing to help another cruiser with this. Just my $.02.

Are they applying the corkage fee to any wine bottles brought onboard at all? Or can we bring wine to drink in the room as long as we don't bring it to dinner?

Are they applying the corkage fee to any wine bottles brought onboard at all? Or can we bring wine to drink in the room as long as we don't bring it to dinner?

The corkage fee was only applied if you brought the bottle to dinner. We brought on 4 bottles of wine (most of which we didn't drink anyway since we aren't big wine drinkers) but did not bring any to dinner. So we were never charged a corkage fee.

No corkage fee unless you bring your bottle to dinner. you can have wine glasses delivered to your room and bring the glass into the dinning room full. No fees will apply to that.

I don't know if you're active in your cruise meet or not but there may be someone on your cruise that doesn't drink that would be willing to carry on for you. My wife and I don't drink but I'd be more than willing to help another cruiser with this. Just my $.02.

We had several beer and wine mules that carried on in our group. Non drinkers carried on for our group.

My group considered the new alcohol policy a challenge. If it was on the internet as a way to smuggle, we tried it. We called it Operation Return the Bird. We had a 100% success rate. Bring what you want (creatively) and enjoy.

Some in our group even got their little rum bottles for Fish extenders through. All they can do is remove it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter