Dating and Engagements - How long?

Met in February.
Engaged in March.
Married in May.

I'm sure no one thought it would last as this was my 3rd marriage. Turns out third time is the charm. Been married 14 years and have 3 children together.

We met when I was 12 and started dating when I was 13. We dated (most of it long distance) for 6 years and got engaged the summer after my sophomore year of college. We were engaged for 2 years until after I graduated.

We have been married for 19+ years.

Met in 1979, starting dating in 1989, got engaged in 1994, married 8 months later in 1995, had first child 1996.

DH and I dated about 2.5 years before getting engaged, and were engaged about 2 years before getting married.

Despite all this time together (we were living together about 4 years before we were married), we did get comments. DH's dad had this whole talk with him about how the person you go with in college may not be the one you want to end up with (based entirely off of his failed marriage to DH's mom). My mom indicated that she thought we were too "young" (we were 24/25 respectively, my parents were 21/22 when they got married).

We dated for two weeks, were engaged three days and got married (thanks to Air Force orders overseas). We've been married for 18 years. I'm sure the families were NOT HAPPY, but everyone kept their mouths shut. I still wonder how many people had bets out based on how long we'd last. I should say, we weren't kids, he was 32 and I was 25 and we weren't living near our families at the time.

Engaged after 8 months, married 2 months later. And since it's always the next question asked, our son didn't come for another 3 years. ;)

We were 21 & 23 when we met. We dated for 2 1/2 years before we were engaged and were married 9 months later.

Started dating at 19. Engaged at 20. Married at 22.

It was certainly long enough, but we still got a few questions because we were dating long distance the entire time. We only saw each other about once a month, at best. We didn't see (or hear) each other at all for nine months just before the wedding (only had snail mail for communication). Those who expressed concerns did so out of love and we were not offended. And it didn't change our mind. :goodvibes

Sixteen years and two kids later, we are still happy. :love:

dh and I met in november 1993 at work and became close work friends, started dating that february 1994, and pretty much were living together by that april. fast, but it sort of just happened, lol. we got engaged november of 1996, and married in october 1997.

we announced our engagment to our parents at thanksgiving. my parents were happy, figured it was about time. the funniest was his mom, she was surprised we were moving so fast.

um, we had been together for 2.5 years. living together for most of them. not all that fast. and we were in our mid-late 20s, so not exactly babies, either.

I think she was mostly surprised that she was surprised about it. dh had his best friend, who had recently gotten engaged himself, help pick out my ring. I think she thought she would be part of that process.

Met mid-January, engaged in March, married 1st week of June. Been together for almost 14 yrs. and better than ever!

I guess since I was almost 28 and my DH was 34 when this happened our peeps didn't give us much grief. We were old enough to know what we wanted!

We dated a month in college (IN), then I went home for the summer (NJ). Long distance letters and phone calls. Then he got a job in VA as I went back to IN. More long distance letters and calls, a couple of visits. Got engaged that November, married the next May.

So, a total of 8 months before engagement, but we were apart for most of it. From first date to marriage, 14 months. I was 22.

Married 22 years this past May.

"Met" online in September of 2006.
Met face to face October of 2006.
Moved in together May of 2007.
He proposed June of 2007.
Married October 2007.

First date: Nov 19, engaged Dec 24...so dated for 5 weeks. I was surprised, but knew from the first date I would marry him. We were engaged about 8 months and have been married 14 years.:thumbsup2

Families? Mine...not so happy. My parents had just gotten divorced after 23 years married, and they had only met DH once by the time we were engaged. They said their peace, then participated without much drama. His family? We live in the same area as they do, so I spent a bit of time with them and got along famously. I believe they were all thrilled.:thumbsup2

hmm we started dating October 87(met the month prior) got engaged october 89 and then got married a year later.

We met and were married within 6 months. I knew on our first date that he was the one. :love: We are about to celebrate 22 years of marriage.:lovestruc

I'm not engaged yet but know a couple that got engaged in the spring. Throwing their third engagement party. Does this seem excessive to anyone else???

DF and I have been together since high school.. 10 years in December. :lovestruc We got engaged 3 1/2 years ago, but just started seriously planning the wedding in March. We're getting married next May.

We were together for about 6 months when we moved in together, and about 4 months after that we got engaged. Then it was a little over a year after that when we got married. I knew on our first date though. Ive always told him if he had asked me.. I would have run off to Vegas that night with him. We have been married for 7 years, together for 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter