Danube River Cruise Meets Thread

I booked us yesterday on the DVC cruise. It will be me, DH, DD(16) and DD(12- turning 13 a week after the cruise). I am so excited to be able to go on a river cruise with the girls- I've always wanted to go on one, but figured they would not enjoy it (picky eaters!!!!).

We booked the last 2 out of 3 Cat. C cabins for that cruise.
I've added you to the Roll Call. I've been interested in doing a river cruise, too, and can't wait to do it with ABD!

Sayhello

Booked on the 7/7 cruise My family of 4,Mary,Sheila,our 2 girls Haley 21 and Taylor 19, My brother and his wife and maybe my sister and her sig other. Cant wait!!

Booked on the 7/7 cruise My family of 4,Mary,Sheila,our 2 girls Haley 21 and Taylor 19, My brother and his wife and maybe my sister and her sig other. Cant wait!!
That's quite a group! I've added you to the Roll Call.

Sayhello

Hello! My partner (WDW CM) and myself, both age 33, just booked the July 7 DVC cruise! This is our first ABD. We wil be traveling with my parents who are veterans of 4 ABD trips, having just returned the inaugural Amazon river cruise (which they said was absolutely amazing!), and my sister, 25. Very excited for this trip!!!

The itinerary for the holiday trip is online! It looks incredible. I am even more excited now. It's the last selection in the pull down menu on the River Cruise ABD page.

Hello! My partner (WDW CM) and myself, both age 33, just booked the July 7 DVC cruise! This is our first ABD. We wil be traveling with my parents who are veterans of 4 ABD trips, having just returned the inaugural Amazon river cruise (which they said was absolutely amazing!), and my sister, 25. Very excited for this trip!!!
Congrats! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. There are several folks from the DIS on that cruise (no surprise!). I'm looking forward to hearing you guys' reports in the week between the DVC cruise and mine!

Sayhello

Is this river cruise exclusive to AMD or are there other tour Co groups on the same voyage ?.

A chance to learn a new language ?

Capacity is 158 .per trip

Is this river cruise exclusive to AMD or are there other tour Co groups on the same voyage ?.

A chance to learn a new language ?

Capacity is 158 .per trip
It is exclusive to ABD; all passengers will be on the ABD trip.

There will be 8 Adventure Guides on each trip, so that's still 2 for every 40 people.

Sayhello

To Sayhello,

I have seen this Danube River Cruise advertised , for the same dates & same vessel AMA Viola , by other tour co.

So not all passengers will be by ABD tours. wait and see.

To Sayhello,

I have seen this Danube River Cruise advertised , for the same dates & same vessel AMA Viola , by other tour co.

I believe you are mistaken. Where did you see this? Because I was told by the people who designed this trip that is is all ABD Guests.

And actually, if you look at AmaWaterways' website, the AmaViola has no cruises scheduled via them for any of the ABD dates.

http://www.amawaterways.com/ships/amaviola

Sayhello

Last edited:
To Sayhello,

When I initially booked I asked ABD if the sailings were exclusive to ABD and was told they were. Tonight, I called to pay off our San Francisco trip and asked again since I saw your post. The Vacationista said that all of the dates offered by ABD are dates that ABD has chartered the boat and all 160 passengers will be ABD guests. On the AMA Waterways website I did not see the Ama Viola listed as an option to sail on any of the ABD dates.

Does anyone have experience doing River Cruises with ABD with children as young as 7? We are trying to decide between an ABD River Cruise and one of the Europe Land adventures. We did Italy/Switzerland with ABD last year and it was great. The River Cruise looks appealing, but concerned that the small ship might be a bit confining for young children.

Would you recommend the ABD River Cruise for children as young as 7 or would you recommend one of the ABD land adventures in Europe be better for children that young?

Does anyone have experience doing River Cruises with ABD with children as young as 7? We are trying to decide between an ABD River Cruise and one of the Europe Land adventures. We did Italy/Switzerland with ABD last year and it was great. The River Cruise looks appealing, but concerned that the small ship might be a bit confining for young children.

No one has experience doing ABD river cruises yet. Their first river cruise will not sail until 2016. :-)

Would you recommend the ABD River Cruise for children as young as 7 or would you recommend one of the ABD land adventures in Europe be better for children that young?
As calypso726 said, no-one has done any of these ABD river cruises yet. They are a brand new product and brand new itineraries that won't start running until July of 2016. And from my understanding, they're pretty unique in that most river cruises are not aimed at families, so it's really going to be hard to judge. The minimum age is 4, but the recommended age is at least 8. But you know your child best. Look over the itineraries for each day, and see if your child would be able to keep up with those activities for the length of time necessary.

I've never done a river cruise with any company. Hopefully someone who has can offer some insight in what might be different for a young child vs. a land-based trip.

Sayhello

We will be sailing on the July 21 cruise. This is our first ABD trip. Just the girls! It's my mom, Irene
Myself, and my daughter who will be 11.
My mom and daughter have never been to Europe.

We will be sailing on the July 21 cruise. This is our first ABD trip. Just the girls! It's my mom, Irene
Myself, and my daughter who will be 11.
My mom and daughter have never been to Europe.
Hi, Eeyore18! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this Thread.

You'll be on the same departure as myself, and fellow DISers Hlee and aggiedog. I'm really looking forward to this trip. But it's SO far away! :)

Sayhello

I can't figure out how to quote. I called ABD just to confirm. The ABD sailings will be ABD exclusive. No surprised non-ABD old people shocked at the number of kids on the cruise. What the ship does the other 48 weeks of the year will be up to AMA. I'm assuming those will be the standard old people river cruises. :)

I can't figure out how to quote.
All you have to do is hit the teeny-tiny "Reply" in the lower right-hand corner of the post you want to Quote, and it will quote it in the reply window at the bottom of the page. Quoting multiple posts at the same time is a bit more complicated. :)

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter