Dancing Babnanas 10!!!....Some bacon, a pole, and more udder nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually saw someone post on FB that it was a shame they were canceling it as it would've brought so much income in and yada yada yada and that they must not have a backbone.

Umm...

Maybe they don't "have a backbone" but these people do have a heart. And common sense. While I agree that events like these are big revenue generators, I don't think it would've been true in this case. Local supporters are too busy piecing their lives back together. And as others posted here, what a slap in the face to have FREE food and water being handed out when there are people standing in lines at the back of Red Cross vans. Running generators when people's gas is currently being rationed.

The bright spot is that some of the runners that came into the city for the race (from all over the world) stayed and helped with the clean-up efforts.

Hey you! :wave2:

:rotfl: The OUTLAWS! I love it!

:hug:

WOW!

While I'm proud of my political and religious beliefs, I don't regularly post them on FB or really anywhere else on the web because it's like throwing yourself into a meat grinder with a stuck ON button. I will say that I have no complaints about the results because I didn't/couldn't vote (long story and an issue that is in the process of being remedied) but I am truly shocked and disgusted by how some of my so-called friends are presenting themselves in light of this election. It scares me into thinking - is this who they truly are?! Granted, when you're passionate about something, you run the risk of being blinded a bit, but some of these people are simply ugly, arrogant and/or ignorant. I have many friends whose views are 180 degrees different from mine. Some of them on this very thread! However EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of them posted in a respectful and proud manner and to that I say, "Thank you for being a friend!" (NOGoldenGirls)

One acquaintance of mine basically posted, "Good (expletive) job Americans. You're all brainwashed sheep. I knew this would happen but I had to hope."
:mad:

I don't usually take the bait but I was soooo tempted.

Mind you, this person lives here, in America. But is apparently the only non-brainwashed sheep. My Friends List is going to be at least one person shorter by the end of the day. Disagreement and healthy argument is acceptable. Blatant disrespect is not.

I trust you nanners. I like you nanners. A whole bunch. I respect that some of you would've voted differently than I would and for reasons you whole-heartedly believe in. And GOOD FOR YOU. Because if we don't have faith in the people we're voting for, whether they make it in or not, where are we? If we don't have opposing views and respectfully challenge each other, who are we?

Well, I guess THEN we would be a country of brainwashed sheep. ;)

::ahem::

::stepsoffsoapbox::

Sorry all. That went on longer than I anticipated. If it bothers anyone here or you feel it ruins the vibe of our thread I am more than happy to remove it. I know we all avoid some of the other Community threads for just this reason. I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Wow, what a 'lovely' person. That is awful. I've read some pretty ugly insults on fb too. No need of it. Maine passed same sex marriage. You don't even want to know some of the nasty comments. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could give their opinions in a respectful manner?

So good morning babnanas!!! :banana: I'm here in the hopes of finding a happier place than FB this morning. Ugh. Time to thin the herd, I think.

I would like instead to focus on the nor'easter that's coming tonight and tomorrow. U-G-H...!! Not a lot of snow (last I saw they said 2-4" here) but lots of wind and, after the temps rise, lots of rain. Blech. Good news is, it's supposed to be almost 60* by early next week (which won't last, but then again neither will the snow :teeth: ).

And, when it's all said and done, I'm going to FL in 11 days. :dance3:

The commute could be pretty bad around here. Maybe school will be delayed.....or maybe it won't be as bad as they say.

:banana: 11 days!!!

I
I trust you nanners. I like you nanners. A whole bunch. I respect that some of you would've voted differently than I would and for reasons you whole-heartedly believe in. And GOOD FOR YOU. Because if we don't have faith in the people we're voting for, whether they make it in or not, where are we? If we don't have opposing views and respectfully challenge each other, who are we?

Well, I guess THEN we would be a country of brainwashed sheep. ;)

::ahem::

::stepsoffsoapbox::

Sorry all. That went on longer than I anticipated. If it bothers anyone here or you feel it ruins the vibe of our thread I am more than happy to remove it. I know we all avoid some of the other Community threads for just this reason. I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Moooooo!

Actually, well said. :thumbsup2

....oh GREAT! Now it's SNOWING here.....:mad:

Stay warm! I recommend a visit down here.

....we got 5 inches of snow last night....and a wind chill of 19.....but it's gonna be 64 on Sunday....WTH???? :confused3

Strange.

We didn't get much snow, but sleet and freezing rain made the roads pretty ugly this morning. There was a car in the ditch on my way to work. I live off the worst road in town and it scares me. I can't simply have my husband drop me off at work b/c I need my car to drive kids around. There was a 2 hour delay this morning.

We got hardly any effect from this storm at all. A dusting of snow overnight (all but gone now), and it rained very lightly and briefly after that. There was none of the wind they kept saying was coming. I did see that parts of MA got around 6" of snow.

I did see that parts of MA got around 6" of snow.

My brother's got about that in N. Attleboro.

Nanners, I'm not getting into the details, but just hoping you can say a few quick prayers. I've got some "stuff" going on and it's weighing heavily on my mind and I'm really not sure what the 'right' decison is. I know, ultimately, things will happen exactly the way they're supposed to, but until that time, I feel like I'm in a he** inside my own head. :( Thanks in advance.

Nanners, I'm not getting into the details, but just hoping you can say a few quick prayers. I've got some "stuff" going on and it's weighing heavily on my mind and I'm really not sure what the 'right' decison is. I know, ultimately, things will happen exactly the way they're supposed to, but until that time, I feel like I'm in a he** inside my own head. :( Thanks in advance.

:hug: Thinking of you. Hope you can find peace soon.

....ah feel yer payne...:hug:

Tinkerbellarella said:

I'm sending skittles hugs but I can't post those from my phone. Oddly, it's not :skittleshug:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Awww Tink..... :grouphug:

The skittle hug is for Mean Queen too since she can't post one from her phone.

Awww Tink..... :grouphug:

The skittle hug is for Mean Queen too since she can't post one from her phone.

Thank you! And now I'm home so this is for Tink: :grouphug:

And this is for Smiley for helping me out: :grouphug:

And this is for the rest of the babnanas for being babnanas: :banana::banana::banana::banana::grouphug:

Tink, I sent you a message on FB. If you need, call or text me.

If anyone is interested, I updated my June TR and started the Feb PTR.

:hug: Hope things work out. Prayers are on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter