Dance Moms - anyone still watching?

Apparently the most heinous things Abby said about Chloe were not shown -- I guess in the end thankfully for both Chloe and luckily for Abby. Abby was shreiking comments about a physical defect of one of Chloe's eyes.

I've heard Chloe will be on the show, simply not w/ ALDC, which she has not trained w/ for at least a year anyway, despite what the show presented.

So will Chloe's new dance studio now be part of the show (if it continues) or only Chole?

I will miss Chloe - her dancing was beautiful. Maddie's dances all seem to be in the same vein although I will say that I enjoyed watching her dance with Allyson to Sia's Chandelier on DWTS a few weeks back. If you follow any of them on Twitter Chloe has been traveling all over the world performing & doing appearances while Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia & Jill's daughter (I can't remember her name) seem to be doing the same. I know they were in Florida not too long ago. Next season will be interesting for sure. My cable was out so I missed the reunion. Bet that the as interesting!!

So will Chloe's new dance studio now be part of the show (if it continues) or only Chole?

I don't know. I was told by a dance mom friend of mine that Chloe would be back, simply not w/ ALDC.

(dance mom friend -- not Dance Mom friend. We were dance moms together -- the really fun kind.)

Apparently the most heinous things Abby said about Chloe were not shown -- I guess in the end thankfully for both Chloe and luckily for Abby. Abby was shreiking comments about a physical defect of one of Chloe's eyes.

I've heard Chloe will be on the show, simply not w/ ALDC, which she has not trained w/ for at least a year anyway, despite what the show presented.

the networks are getting all the letters b/c the scene where abby made the comment about chole's eyes supposedly WAS SHOWN-but the producers edited it so another word (or set of words) were heard (it was not a close up shot of abby-she was down the hall when she shouted it). that was what realy set the viewers off-when they learned that she is being audio edited to appear in a better light.

the networks are getting all the letters b/c the scene where abby made the comment about chole's eyes supposedly WAS SHOWN-but the producers edited it so another word (or set of words) were heard (it was not a close up shot of abby-she was down the hall when she shouted it). that was what realy set the viewers off-when they learned that she is being audio edited to appear in a better light.

Wow, considering the legal drama they're already embroiled in w/ Kelly I'm shocked they aired the altercation at all & didn't take steps to make sure the video evidence was destroyed. I will be delighted in particular if the producers end up paying out cash when it's all said and done after what they've done to keep the dollars rolling in.

I wonder if most of Abby's problem w/ Chloe doesn't boil down to the idea for the show coming from Christi in the first place? Doesn't matter what her problem is, Abby has gone much too far over the line w/ the children. I am completely floored that Holly hasn't schooled Abby & the producers majorly by now -- but then again perhaps she has. I cannot remember what happened or when, but there was an incident sometime back & a dramatic shift in Holly's demeanor & I wondered if they hadn't struck a deal w/ her to compensate enough to keep her involved. I would not be the least bit surprised to find out Holly is banking enough to put Nia through college, and possibly her siblings also.

I do hope the kids profit out of this in the end. I have a very soft spot in my heart for Chloe, Nia, Kendall, Paige and Brooke. I realize it's manipulation, but I am lukewarm on Mackenzie and pretty turned off w/ Maddie. Yes, I feel ashamed of myself.

I blame Kelly and the other moms. If Abby were truly that horrible to children, maybe these moms were contractually obligated to stay there, but all the other moms of all the other students weren't and she'd have been out of business. She couldn't keep a business with these 6 students. Why would all her teachers stay and teach with her? Most of the fights were with the moms. She did say mean things to Chole and Paige and her sister (can't remember her name anymore) but many Dance Moms here have said they've heard the same backstage.

From what I gather, Abby was never terribly involved with the students and handled behind the stuff and gave a few private lessons. The other teachers like Gianna and James taught most of the classes and still do, I believe. The business also wasn't doing well. Abby was bankrupt (and only got out of bankruptcy recently, showing how much in the red she was) and the studio only survived because Melissa and her then-boyfriend bailed her out. Student numbers were dwindling, and then the show came along and they picked up again - people like Sarah and Christy who think the ALDC is their ticket to stardom.

I don't know about the other mom's, but Kelly mentioned many times that she has known Abby for years. She took lessons from Abby and her daughter's have from the time they were 3. I don't buy that she didn't know how Abby is. Unless the show suddenly made Abby abusive, then Kelly is as much to blame as Abby.

My other thing about it all is if Abby is truly that bad, how can Maddie and her Mom just be ok with it? I mean I realize she doesn't treat Maddie the same way but not many kids could stand to watch their friends be abused and just keep watching it.

And then of course there is Gianna who acts like whatever Abby does is ok and even blamed the girls' mothers when Abby pulled their dance.

Between the people on the show that knew Abby before, the people that work for Abby, the producers and Abby there is a lot of blame to go around for the treatment of these girls.

I don't know about the other mom's, but Kelly mentioned many times that she has known Abby for years. She took lessons from Abby and her daughter's have from the time they were 3. I don't buy that she didn't know how Abby is. Unless the show suddenly made Abby abusive, then Kelly is as much to blame as Abby.

My other thing about it all is if Abby is truly that bad, how can Maddie and her Mom just be ok with it? I mean I realize she doesn't treat Maddie the same way but not many kids could stand to watch their friends be abused and just keep watching it.

And then of course there is Gianna who acts like whatever Abby does is ok and even blamed the girls' mothers when Abby pulled their dance.

Between the people on the show that knew Abby before, the people that work for Abby, the producers and Abby there is a lot of blame to go around for the treatment of these girls.

on the reunion show I thought it was telling that abby explained how she had maddie write the introduction to abby's recent book-the theme being "how to become the favorite".

maddie knows she's the favorite-her mom knows it as does Mackenzie. I really don't think maddie's mom get's it. she see's that her kid doesn't get treated like the other kids and just assumes it's b/c of some fault on the part of those kids/their moms. she's just focused on doing whatever needs to be done to get her daughter (I honestly think it's JUST maddie, she's not as vested in Mackenzie i.m.h.o.) into the professional world. in my opinion she's short sighted-I saw it with kids I performed with both when I was younger and as an adult. parents would be so driven towards their short term goals they would ignore down right abusive and physically dangerous practices by vocal and dance instructors. I've know people to have been incredibly gifted and trained as kids only to have terrible physical (orthopedic) and emotional issues that not only kept them from succeeding as an adult-made them run as far away from it as possible (it's REALY difficult when you're the pet and your ego has been fed into for years-only to find out in the 'real world' that you've reached the level where everyone has likely been someone's pet, and you are on the same level as everyone else at a cattle call).

Anyone else ever notice how despite abby constantly saying she "makes professionals"-none of these purported professionals ever step forward
to acknowledge her? the only thing I've ever seen about it is the information she posts on her own website, and at least 2 interviews with prior students who still dance or teach dance-and they both say that they feel she puts her own reputation before the best interests of her students.

I don't think Maddie is prepared for the real world at all. Sure she's having all this success now because she's a better dancer than most kids her age. When she grows up and everyone is just as good as she is or better I think she's going to have a complete melt down and not be able to handle rejection.

I feel bad for Mackenzie. It's obvious Melissa is more concerned with Maddie than her. And when the other moms call her out on it she flips out. I can't stand her!

on the reunion show I thought it was telling that abby explained how she had maddie write the introduction to abby's recent book-the theme being "how to become the favorite".

maddie knows she's the favorite-her mom knows it as does Mackenzie. I really don't think maddie's mom get's it. she see's that her kid doesn't get treated like the other kids and just assumes it's b/c of some fault on the part of those kids/their moms. she's just focused on doing whatever needs to be done to get her daughter (I honestly think it's JUST maddie, she's not as vested in Mackenzie i.m.h.o.) into the professional world. in my opinion she's short sighted-I saw it with kids I performed with both when I was younger and as an adult. parents would be so driven towards their short term goals they would ignore down right abusive and physically dangerous practices by vocal and dance instructors. I've know people to have been incredibly gifted and trained as kids only to have terrible physical (orthopedic) and emotional issues that not only kept them from succeeding as an adult-made them run as far away from it as possible (it's REALY difficult when you're the pet and your ego has been fed into for years-only to find out in the 'real world' that you've reached the level where everyone has likely been someone's pet, and you are on the same level as everyone else at a cattle call).

Anyone else ever notice how despite abby constantly saying she "makes professionals"-none of these purported professionals ever step forward
to acknowledge her? the only thing I've ever seen about it is the information she posts on her own website, and at least 2 interviews with prior students who still dance or teach dance-and they both say that they feel she puts her own reputation before the best interests of her students.

But Maddie is not a young child. She is a teen. I can't think of any teen girl that would stand back and witness her friends being abused and not say something or quit and get away from the woman. DD is one of her choir teacher's favorites and yes it does show but if he was actually mean to anyone in that choir, dd would either say something or be ready to walk away. She is smart enough to know that if she wants to sing, she can sing where folks are treated better. Maddie should be smart enough to know that there are thousands of dance schools where she can dance and everyone be treated with respect.

I just think there is a lot of folks to blame for allowing the abuse to continue.

Here's my take on things- Abby's business was failing and she was about to go bankrupt.. along comes the network with a promise that the Moms and Abby will all do well financially so they amped up the "drama." I think some of what happened was scripted or played up to get certain reactions but there was always an underlying truth to what was happening ex the favoritism of Maddie and with that Melissa's 'anything for my daughter" attitude. I think the fame and money got to all of them and the Moms had temporary lapses in judgment ex- allowing the network to play into the kids sensitivities and self esteem and letting Abby steamroll the kids confidence etc. I think that during all of this the true Abby came out, her unbelievable ego and entitlement.. and what we are seeing now is the Moms "snap out of it" breakthrough..

I don't think Maddie is prepared for the real world at all. Sure she's having all this success now because she's a better dancer than most kids her age. When she grows up and everyone is just as good as she is or better I think she's going to have a complete melt down and not be able to handle rejection.

There are plenty of kids her age better than her. The problem is Abby won't allow any on her team to compete against her. I'm starting to wonder if she withholds solos from Maddies because she has advance notice of which girls from the other studios are dancing.

Maddie needs her peers to knock her down a few pegs. Shestikes me as a low key snob ~sweet around adults, but nasty with her peers.

But Maddie is not a young child. She is a teen. I can't think of any teen girl that would stand back and witness her friends being abused and not say something or quit and get away from the woman. DD is one of her choir teacher's favorites and yes it does show but if he was actually mean to anyone in that choir, dd would either say something or be ready to walk away. She is smart enough to know that if she wants to sing, she can sing where folks are treated better. Maddie should be smart enough to know that there are thousands of dance schools where she can dance and everyone be treated with respect.

I just think there is a lot of folks to blame for allowing the abuse to continue.

maddie just turned 12 a few weeks ago so she's not that old. she's only been a permanent student under abby (might have attended some training camps under others but those were not her home studio), and as the favorite if she's being told (and mom is being told) that she's only being exempted from abby's inappropriate behaviors b/c she's special/the favorite-they may have no other point of reference on which to base good decisions (when anything is said to mom about abby's behavior/tactics she sees it as a personal attack of jealousy against maddie). the child lives in a very insular world that revolves around dance-and specifically abby's dance studio-she was pulled from school to homeschool AROUND her dance classes, there's a close personal relationship between mom/maddie/abby. I wouldn't be surprised if maddie wasn't permitted to watch the show and be exposed to the concerns the other moms/the public raise.

it's great your dd has the conviction to raise a concern if this type of thing were to occur, but that's not always do-able when there's a complexly entwined relationship between you/your parent/teacher-especially when it's been said over and over that there's some type of contract parents sign that amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties if their kids drop out and go to other studios to compete.

I would hope that as maddie gets other opportunities her mom might get some guidance from well intentioned professionals on other options that would be better for her-but for all we know abby locked maddie and Mackenzie into some kind of agent/representation contract that has them tied to her until they reach the age of 18 and make their own decisions:guilty:

maddie just turned 12 a few weeks ago so she's not that old. she's only been a permanent student under abby (might have attended some training camps under others but those were not her home studio), and as the favorite if she's being told (and mom is being told) that she's only being exempted from abby's inappropriate behaviors b/c she's special/the favorite-they may have no other point of reference on which to base good decisions (when anything is said to mom about abby's behavior/tactics she sees it as a personal attack of jealousy against maddie). the child lives in a very insular world that revolves around dance-and specifically abby's dance studio-she was pulled from school to homeschool AROUND her dance classes, there's a close personal relationship between mom/maddie/abby. I wouldn't be surprised if maddie wasn't permitted to watch the show and be exposed to the concerns the other moms/the public raise.

it's great your dd has the conviction to raise a concern if this type of thing were to occur, but that's not always do-able when there's a complexly entwined relationship between you/your parent/teacher-especially when it's been said over and over that there's some type of contract parents sign that amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties if their kids drop out and go to other studios to compete.

I would hope that as maddie gets other opportunities her mom might get some guidance from well intentioned professionals on other options that would be better for her-but for all we know abby locked maddie and Mackenzie into some kind of agent/representation contract that has them tied to her until they reach the age of 18 and make their own decisions:guilty:

How on earth can it not be doable? You speak up. You say "Abby, stop being so mean!" at the very least. I cannot imagine not saying something or dd not saying something.

Contracts can be broken. No one has to take abuse for the sake of a contract. No one. Contracts are broken all the time.

These girls need to learn to find their own voices and speak up for the way they have been treated. Maddie is nothing more than a jump start for Abby's own studio's reputation.

I just don't think that Melissa is that stupid to think she has to stand back and watch other children be abused for the sake of her child's fame nor do I think that Melissa thinks it is only because they are jealous of Maddie.

I see what you are saying, I just fail to believe that anyone is really that naive and that dumb.

One thing that can be said about Kelly is that she is allowing Paige to use her own voice and speak up for herself. That is a good thing for Paige. I hope that Christy does the same for Chloe.

Contracts can be broken. No one has to take abuse for the sake of a contract. No one. Contracts are broken all the time.

This. These moms (and dads! Seriously, after season 1 why didn't Chloe's dad and Paige's dad get them the heck out of there??) could've easily given back the clothes and walked away. I'm sure there is some Dr somewhere that could've testified that what Abbey was doing to these young girls is abuse and that's the end of it.
Or: come up with a separate story-line for them. Kelly and Kristy could've said they'd continue with the show but wouldn't be going back to ALDS.

How on earth can it not be doable? You speak up. You say "Abby, stop being so mean!" at the very least. I cannot imagine not saying something or dd not saying something.

it depends on how someone is raising their child-in some homes you don't say something like that to an adult, let alone a teacher EVER. in maddie/Mackenzie's case I've wondered if mom doesn't put on a very good front for the cameras. they only showed it in one episode-but that woman has a temper with her kids and rips them a new one if they don't do what she/abby tells them to do-it was an instance where Mackenzie (along with some other younger dancers) were told to do a quick improvisation to some music. Mackenzie balked and resisted, and mom just ripped into and made some really nasty and cutting remarks to her about her lack of ability:sad2: and how "miss abby said to do it SO DO IT"-the poor kid was in full emotional meltdown. mom quickly composed herself and (if I remember right) walked off camera

yes they are, but depending on how litigious the person you are contracted with is-they may make it so other dance/voice/acting groups will not enroll you until the litigation has been settled-no one wants to have a production/competition shut down by a court order

These girls need to learn to find their own voices and speak up for the way they have been treated. Maddie is nothing more than a jump start for Abby's own studio's reputation.

I agree-and I think it's interesting that abby mentioned on the reunion that maddie wasn't always the favorite-chloe originally was. I have to wonder if b/c Chloe's mom is much more likely to call abby on her treatment of her child/the other children-maddie made a better choice (more cooperative mom/has helped abby financially in the past) to push her agenda

I just don't think that Melissa is that stupid to think she has to stand back and watch other children be abused for the sake of her child's fame nor do I think that Melissa thinks it is only because they are jealous of Maddie.

I dunno, but it's the running complaint by the other moms in every episode-she says she's going to say something about it, but then complains to the camera when she's alone that it's all b/c the other moms are jealous-then never says anything to abby

I see what you are saying, I just fail to believe that anyone is really that naive and that dumb.

I don't see it as naïve or dumb-but misguided and opportunistic.

One thing that can be said about Kelly is that she is allowing Paige to use her own voice and speak up for herself. That is a good thing for Paige. I hope that Christy does the same for Chloe.

comments above.

comments above.

I see your point and you are probably right, its just maddening to me to see these young girls mistreated and so many adults around that have done nothing to stop it.

Lifetime being the worst of them, I suppose.

Does anyone still watch this? What did you think of Nia's video? I was not a fan. A little to provocative I thought for a 13 year old.

I thought Nia looked gorgeous and I"ll leave it at that. Even in the most recent interviews she looks beautiful. I was happy for her.

I think Jill is being nasty and I don't get why they didn't bring the rest of the girls with them. Only JoJo was there? Where were the other girls?

Does anyone still watch this? What did you think of Nia's video? I was not a fan. A little to provocative I thought for a 13 year old.

Still watching. I liked the video but I didn't like it, if that makes any sense. The video would have been good for someone as old as they made her look but when you stop and think she is only 13, it was a little much. Anyway, I would have had an issue with dd doing that video at 13.

I must say that Abby has changed somewhat. Last year, she was out of control but she seems more supporting of the girls. She gives some attitude, don't get me wrong, but at times she really does show that she cares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter