Dance Moms - anyone still watching?

Too much Candy Apples!!!!

Ha! I agree! I can't stand any of them. And their drama is way too contrived. This darn show is my secret train wreck. It drives my dh nuts that I watch it, but I can't seem to stop!

I still watch. My DD is a dancer and I just thank GOD her dance teacher isn't like Abby. Although we don't compete either, but still. It's a train wreck I just can't look away from for whatever reason.

Yep! I love this show. I can't NOT watch. It drives DH nuts too. I had major surgery on a Tuesday last year and made DH turn on Dance Moms in the hospital room that night so I could watch it!

I watch it! It's my favorite show.

They had so much Candy Apple time this season because they needed some filler content while Abby was shooting her Ultimate Dance Competition show in LA. I also think they were testing the market to see if Cathy and her bunch could be a more permanent addition to the show. I think the viewers made their dissatisfaction known. The facebook page for the show was bombarded with complaints.

I've come to really enjoy Asia on the show. She and her mom drove me nuts on the AUDC show last summer but the mom seems to have toned it down a bit.

The whole Kelly/Brooke/Paige drama is getting a little old. Either pull your kids from the studio or quit your complaining.

I saw a Buzzfeed article about this show a week ago, and I watched it out of curiosity.

I was surprised it's as serious as it is, especially the first season.

I actually like this show, and I dislike most reality shows. I think Abby gets a lot of flack for being rough on the kids, but she's the definition of a competition coach and the parents know that going into it.

I watch it but it is getting harder and harder to keep watching.

The whole Kelly thing is getting on my nerves. Leave, come back, leave, come back. She needs to pick one and stay with it. And if she is going to keep crawling back, don't jump right back in with the whining and complaining.

Too much Candy Apples, for sure :thumbsup2

And I didn't care for the "where's Abby" thing either.

I danced when I was younger (not at the level these kids do though) so I started watching it for that reason. But the staged drama is starting to wear on me too much. Now I don't mind staged drama for the sake of reality shows but even this is pushing it :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I watch it! It's my favorite show.

They had so much Candy Apple time this season because they needed some filler content while Abby was shooting her Ultimate Dance Competition show in LA. I also think they were testing the market to see if Cathy and her bunch could be a more permanent addition to the show. I think the viewers made their dissatisfaction known. The facebook page for the show was bombarded with complaints.

I've come to really enjoy Asia on the show. She and her mom drove me nuts on the AUDC show last summer but the mom seems to have toned it down a bit.

The whole Kelly/Brooke/Paige drama is getting a little old. Either pull your kids from the studio or quit your complaining.

Good! I hope they go back to having the Candy Apples just make the occasional appearance (or even none at all) - it just seems like they stalk the ALDC just to try and beat them at a competition. And yes, I agree about the Kelly/Brooke/Paige drama. Last night's episode explained why she doesn't just pull them from the studio - all that exposure for their "careers" that Abby's studio/reputation garners for them. Then quit your "*****ing!"

oh. Cathy is completely delusional. i am SO not interested in seeing her or her Candy Apples. did anyone catch the week she called herself a 95-pound weakling? i actually laughed out loud. m'kay.

and i'm over the whole Kelly thing. she needs to stop blaming Abby. as hateful as Abby can be, i can't hardly blame her for being frustrated with the whole Kelly/Paige/Brooke thing. Kelly need to own up to the fact that SHE has created this situation for her daughters. and then, Abby's comment last night that it reminded her of Kelly when she was 12/13 and quit even though she had so much potential. i was amazed that Abby said that and it indicated that she does truly love those two girls. their mother has driven a wedge into their relationship with Abby.

i'd like to see more Chloe.

DD and I watch it. While DD is on the competing team at her studio, they are no where near the level that these girls are. They have acutally filmed in our area twice now. Both times the competitions were put together for the sake of filming. You can always tell by the dance numbers. If they are calling out numbers and the groups are under a hundred, then it's a set up contest for filming. The competitions that we went to last year, in MI there were 441 dances and in IN there were 484. This doesn't include the last minute entries.

We like to watch, for the finished dances. All the drama, we roll our eyes at. We do find it very funny that not one single kid on Candy Apples, started out being trained by Cathy and that she just tries to ignore the fact that she has nothing to do with those kids and the talents and skills. If Cahty was such a fantastic instructor, that team would have at least ONE dancer that she had trained since day one of their training.

oh. Cathy is completely delusional. i am SO not interested in seeing her or her Candy Apples. did anyone catch the week she called herself a 95-pound weakling? i actually laughed out loud. m'kay.

and i'm over the whole Kelly thing. she needs to stop blaming Abby. as hateful as Abby can be, i can't hardly blame her for being frustrated with the whole Kelly/Paige/Brooke thing. Kelly need to own up to the fact that SHE has created this situation for her daughters. and then, Abby's comment last night that it reminded her of Kelly when she was 12/13 and quit even though she had so much potential. i was amazed that Abby said that and it indicated that she does truly love those two girls. their mother has driven a wedge into their relationship with Abby.

i'd like to see more Chloe

totally agree with both of these statements. My DD and I love Chloe and would love to see her featured more. Neither of us really care for Maddie (nor Melissa & Mackenzie) at all. I think Maddie always looks constipated when she dances (in her facial expressions).

Time to get rid of candy apples. I also think Brooke and Kelly are delusional about this singing career and album. Anyone enjoy Brooks singing? I don't.

totally agree with both of these statements. My DD and I love Chloe and would love to see her featured more. Neither of us really care for Maddie (nor Melissa & Mackenzie) at all. I think Maddie always looks constipated when she dances (in her facial expressions).

I agree about Maddie. she only has one facial expression, so I've never understood why she gets praised for her "face." also, I think she showed her true colors the week she lost to Chloe (even though Abby "fixed" it for Maddie after the fact---that was horrible.). Chloe showed grace in all of that. no wonder Chloe seems to have self esteem issues.

originally, I felt bad for Maddie, but it's starting to become clear that she thinks her poo doesn't stink. :(

Time to get rid of candy apples. I also think Brooke and Kelly are delusional about this singing career and album. Anyone enjoy Brooks singing? I don't.

I think Brooke needs to just enjoy things with her singing career while they last, and honestly, if it wasn't for the TV show she wouldn't be having the opportunity to begin with. She's not a very good singer at all, most, if not all labels still in existence would simply listen to her demo tape and toss it anyway.

In addition to the opportunity Brooke has been given. The TV show is the only reason why any of the other girls are getting to have experiences and opportunities that they wouldn't have otherwise. Once the show ends all of them are going to find it very difficult to transition into the real world of the entertainment business for those who go on to have careers in the field. There they will be treated like everyone else and not be given special treatment like they are now. Also hope they all have a plan B as a dancers career is short, most done by 35 or earlier.

I actually saw Abyy Lee and the girls in Las Vegas this summer. They were staying in my same hotel. they were having a dance competition and classes at the hotel too.

I ran into Abby in the elevator one day and let's just say she was just like on TV! Her poor assistant. She was barking at her one minute and when I asked for a pic, she pretty much ignored me, complained under her breath and then turned around, smiled, took the pic, hugged me and said thanks for watching as she rushed off, yeeling at the poor assistant again!

One day we saw the girls swimming in the pool and then Abby came to get them.

Just finished watching this weeks episode in fact. Not a fan of Candy Apples at all. It's like their sole mission is to follow ALDC around to give them crap. Cathy's just using those kids and that's so not fair to them.

Brooke's singing?. Yeah, no. I don't think she has a good voice and like others have said if it wasn't for this show she'd never would have been given this opportunity.

I'm not a fan of Asia's dancing at all. I think it's a bit too suggestive at times for a young girl her age. I much prefer watching Mackenzie. She seems more real and innocent.

I just started watching on Xfinity and am almost done with Season 2. DD dances competitively, though it isn't anything like the show. This show has become my guilty pleasure. Eek...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter