• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAK Is Starting To ROAR!

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I NEVER thought I'd say this,but the opening of Harambe Market this Saturday got me to thinking that, when everything is finished at DAK(Avatarland,RoL,etc.),it could possibly shoot past DHS and then challenge Epcot for #2 Park attendance at WDW!

What do you think?:)

I *THINK* I can see that. I am NOT a fan of Avatar but, I can see how it fits in. I am excited for something new.

Having trouble finding out if the food items in the Market are covered by the DDP. Anyone know? Also, is so, are they QS credits or snack credits?

Thanks!

I'm really excited for everything to be done there. AK was already my 2nd favorite park, so I can imagine how much more I'm going to love it when it's done!

I NEVER thought I'd say this,but the opening of Harambe Market this Saturday got me to thinking that, when everything is finished at DAK(Avatarland,RoL,etc.),it could possibly shoot past DHS and then challenge Epcot for #2 Park attendance at WDW!

What do you think?:)

I think it's quite possible. A new nighttime show option at the parks would be a huge draw. Plus, whether or not people like Avatar, if the attractions live up to the hype it'll mean a major attendance shift toward Animal Kingdom

How many attractions are being added to Avatarland? Both DHS and AK suffer from simply a lack of rides (not everyone likes shows).

But, I think just the newness of a whole new area WILL be a big draw over both Epcot and DHS.

Ha! I was just thinking how AK food is only second to EPCOT! We love the many choices, and now super excited about the new ones! Just shows how differently we all see the same choices! :)
I can see it both ways.:)

Also,I think a lot of times we forget that Rainforest Cafe IS " technically" a DAK full service restaurant.:)

Can I ask what you like there so much? We haven't been since 2009, will be heading back in January 2016... maybe I have missed something.

Can I ask what you like there so much? We haven't been since 2009, will be heading back in January 2016... maybe I have missed something.
A LOT is happening-Walls are EVERYWHERE!

We are talking about the FINISHED PRODUCT in a year or so,not necessarily the way it is now.:)

AK has been my favorite park since it opened. For me, a lot of it is the detail. I really FEEL like I'm walking in Africa, I am truly getting ready to go up Everest, I can even see the fun of the dinosaurs setting up a roadside carnival to bring in extra money. It is totally immersive for us, we probably spend more time there than any other park.

Always been my second fav park, excited about the improvements and additions... would like to see them amp up the bus service to AKL a bit, increasing dining options for park guests..

AK has been my favorite park since it opened. For me, a lot of it is the detail. I really FEEL like I'm walking in Africa, I am truly getting ready to go up Everest, I can even see the fun of the dinosaurs setting up a roadside carnival to bring in extra money. It is totally immersive for us, we probably spend more time there than any other park.

While the MK will always rank #1 with me, AK runs a very close second. I love everything about it and I agree- it's the attention to detail. FOTLK is my favorite show, the food- especially Yak n Yeti is excellent. We easily spend several half days in that park. I do miss the parade, but when they get these latest projects done, the MK is going to get a run for it's money on my list.

If AK indeed becomes more of a crowd catcher after all these additions and improvements, it'll be interesting to see if the increased popularity translates into higher rates at AKL.

I think it's the most beautiful and best-themed of all of the four parks. It lacks rides but I think its going to be amazing when everything is completed (assuming they don't cheap out on Avatarland)

I have always been a serious fan of Avatar. I can't wait. Otherwise, the park needs desperate help so I'm glad its getting it. I hope they can manage the crowds, which while under construction and confined to skinny walk ways, isn't so great right now...

AK will definitely be much cooler once the night show starts and Avatarland is finished. The Harambe market looks really cool. DH and I would love it, but there's nothing there for our picky son. However, if they really do any cool Star Wars stuff at DHS, like all of the rumors are saying, then once that's done, I think DHS will beat it. I still think MK and Epcot are and will always be the best, but those were the only parks when I went as a kid. You will always love your first love.

It's already passed DHS in attendance. I don't know if it can surpass Epcot, though. Epcot draws a lot of people with the special events like Flower & Garden and Food & Wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter