DAK Is Starting To ROAR!

I couldn't agree more. I love Epcot, but many of the attractions there are just "blah."
Wouldn't it be nice if they were building a new PAVILION where they are building the Ice Castle meet 'n greet!

A new Pavilion would give Epcot a HUGE boost!

Honestly, the HP rides are both a whole lot of video screens. Gringotts comes off as similar to Spider-Man, whit a smoother ride (the coaster portions are SO short!). Admittedly FJ tosses you around quite a bit but it's still a lot of screens. Really, most everything new at Universal is a simulator-like ride.

I don't know if rides like this would really fit in at Disney. When the most intense coaster they have is RnR (tame), I don't think the coaster enthusiast crowd is what they're going after. I like coasters myself, but they're not the focus at WDW.

I DO hope the simulator is a significant upgrade from Soarin'. It's a great ride, but it's low key and the build suits it. I want an amazing presentation for this thing.

I really, really hope that the Avatar ride if like the Harry Potter Forbidden Journey ride. I LOVED that ride. It was so much fun! That is exactly what AK needs! (and this is coming from someone who doesn't "get" Soarin at all.

We've never been DAK people. Generally we do a pre-park Tusker House, ride safari, let my kid play in the boneyard and we're done by 11. Even though we're not at all Avatar people, if done well I can see Pandora and a nighttime show making DAK an all day park. DHS is our favorite hat, but is in such disarray right now, it's not even a full day for us anymore (Plus we're still mad about the hat, lol.)

I've never even seen Avatar and I'm thrilled for the expansion, based on the concept art and limited info that's come out. (I will of course see the movie at some point before we visit Avatarland.) I LOVE this park, although I can't put my finger on any one reason why. I think of all the parks, it does the best job of immersing you totally; you really feel like you've been transported out of Orlando (or at least, I do). I love all the foliage and trails; I like the shows; I enjoy the street entertainment. The rides are almost secondary for me. I like that there are characters there you can't meet anywhere else. I'm super excited to see the expansion!

I think of all the parks, it does the best job of immersing you totally; you really feel like you've been transported out of Orlando (or at least, I do).

Transported to Hades... at least that is what it feels like in summer. :sunny:

Seriously, I think AK gets a lot of things right. Adding Avatarland can only help make it a better park. We have skipped AK the last few trips but I am looking forward to getting back over there next week

My family loves it too! The theming, the stories, the animals and the rides. We have a great zoo near us but it's so much more than a zoo. That's one of my biggest pet leves when people who have not been call it a zoo. I love the safari and dinosaur :)

Oh no, not a simulator! Simulator rides make me very nauseous. That's my problem in a Star Tours and in many of the rides at US. I was so nauseous at the Forbidden Journey, I could not appreciate it. Hate being bounced around while looking at a screen.

Transported to Hades... at least that is what it feels like in summer. :sunny:

Seriously, I think AK gets a lot of things right. Adding Avatarland can only help make it a better park. We have skipped AK the last few trips but I am looking forward to getting back over there next week

Couldn't agree more!!! We go in August. That's the perfect way to describe it- our AK day is always, without a doubt the hottest! but still fun nevertheless

Oh no, not a simulator! Simulator rides make me very nauseous. That's my problem in a Star Tours and in many of the rides at US. I was so nauseous at the Forbidden Journey, I could not appreciate it. Hate being bounced around while looking at a screen.

I agree. They need to make it a bonafide ride. Do you ride RnRc?

Judging by the wait times, I think another roller coaster is exactly what they need. Have the boat ride for the non thrillers, but the ride for the banshees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter