Daily Signups...What for exactly?

gregf71

Mouseketeer
I hit the Activities section on the Aulani website and a ton of categories appear. Perusing the various sections, I see a bunch of things that say "included with your stay", for example Aunty's Beach House. I also come upon the Daily 'Iwa activities calendar and I see listings that say "signup required" and "limited space", including things at Aunty's. I could have sworn that I heard tale of Aulani guests lining up early in the morning to try to "sign up" for things, often times missing out because things filled up so quickly. So...
  1. What types of things do guests need to sign up for each day?
  2. Can someone please clarify for me if Aunty's is truly accessible (drop in / drop off) for our daughter every day of our stay (if she chose to go) or do we need to attempt to sign her up each day?
  3. Is there really is no pre-visit, online reservation option for these types of activities (not talking about excursions)?

I'll try and answer to get started, I'm sure others will add their experience.

1. Sign ups are for adult activities like ukulele lessons or craft activities where there is limited space at the community room or materials.

2. I did not do random drop off at Aunty's but there was a line every morning of parents waiting to sign up their kids for the day.

3. I was able to sign up my daughter for activities at Aunty's in advance from the website. There was a form to fill out and then I got an email back with the activities and times. You do not get to choose the day or time however I was able to go to Aunty's once we were there and arrange a different time when one didn't work out for us. I do not recall being able to reserve adult activities in advance.

We were at Aulani in January which according to CM's was a slower time. Hope that helps a little!

1. I think you need to sign up on the day of for the activities where you make things (lei's, ukulele lessons, paint things, etc. In the Pau Hana room)
2. You can sign up your daughter for Auntys experiences (i.e., free experiences) 90 days prior to your stay. The amount of experiences you can sign her up for depends on your length of stay I believe. We were there 7 nights and kids got 3 experiences. There are also the premium experiences (i.e., paid) and I am not sure how far out you can book those. I recommend signing up your daughter at the 90 day mark. You really don't get a preference on what times or days she gets the experiences, but I have read you can call to change if need be.

We were really worried we would never be able to drop our kids off at Aunty's unless we had them scheduled for an experience (they can stay after the experience if you want), but we never had any issue with drop ins out week there in July last year. Hope that helps!

If yoga is at 6 or 7am, do you sign up the day before? Also, for something like ukulele lessons, where do you go to sign up?

We never had trouble with dropping off at Aunties. The kids were signed up for three activities and you could wait and sign them up for more if wanted each morning. You could also sign up for meals at Aunties each morning. The only thing we ever waited to sign up for at Aunties was meals. My 6 year old went every day and we had no problems just dropping for open play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter