• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Daily Fix Re: Hall of Presidents - No Politics Please

I've come to the conclusion that they shouldn't have the current president talk. It's too late now, because the precedent has been set and if suddenly Trump doesn't talk, there will be an outcry that Disney is biased. However, I wish they had never started the practice.

Not because our current president is someone who I abhor, but because our previous president was someone who others abhorred, and our next president may very well be offensive to a different group. The only way to keep everyone happy is to reserve the statements for non-controversial presidents.

Let's just have some long-dead presidents say some famous words, and move on. Let's be frank- no matter WHAT they have Trump say, it will be divisive in some way. He is just so deeply polarizing. Obama was the same- some just HATE him.

Listening to the current president takes you COMPLETELY out of your vacation, especially if you feel strongly about politics. It's better for Disney to not take a stand.

Disney can change anything at anytime for their convenience, they do it all the time, Hall of president isn't a popular attraction, like with any new Animatronic people will rush to see how it looks and sounds, and the hype will die, I highly doubt they would record from the current president any controversial message, it will probably be a very generic one, to avoid political clashing

I don't care that he doesn't support Trump. There was no need to say that except to prove his liberal bonafides. It is condescending to some of us and please don't dictate to me what is condescending. I am quite capable of deciding that for myself. Can you imagine if he had said those things about Obama? The left would have gone nuts.

I think you are the only one here with a political agenda, which is clearly against Disboard rules. Yet that is the only subject you seem to post about. And if you don't agree what a non-Disney employee says on their own bit, why watch them? I don't go seek out videos from people who don't share my same views, with the idea of pitching a fit about them.

Why are you so intent to make a thread, which states it doesn't want to be political, about politics?

I think you are the only one here with a political agenda, which is clearly against Disboard rules. Yet that is the only subject you seem to post about. And if you don't agree what a non-Disney employee says on their own bit, why watch them? I don't go seek out videos from people who don't share my same views, with the idea of pitching a fit about them.

Why are you so intent to make a thread, which states it doesn't want to be political, about politics?

::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes:: And before you say that we're just trying to silence you or something, here's the exact rule MaxiesMom was talking about,
"5. POLITICS/RELIGION
Because of the large number of complaints of personal attacks related to these subjects and inability for many people to keep a civilized conversation when discussing these hot-button topics, politics and religion will no longer be appropriate topics on our forums. Political or religion based posts or threads will be removed, and repeated violations of this rule can result in an infraction."

https://www.disboards.com/help/guidelines/

The presidential speech didn't seem to be controversial before but now we have new president suddenly there is some concern. Not the open mindedness I would expect.

No. It was controversial when Obama entered the HoP. So it isn't Trump, like you were suggesting. The problem is that some people(maybe including yourself) treat the parties that govern our Republic like it was your favorite football team. Us against Them. I suggest we love our nation, and respect all the lives that were lost creating and defending it. I respect the office. Period.

I highly doubt they would record from the current president any controversial message,
So true. The messages in this attraction are all intended to be inspirational, no matter who voices it.

I have come to avoid the Hall of Presidents, which I have visited at least once with every additional audio animatronic figure over the last 46 years, because of the behavior of guests (either booing, applauding fanatically or commenting) which is such a turn off. Depending on certain guests' reactions to the addition of the President Trump AA (which I really doubt will be at least neutral respectful silence) and the current state of political disagreement in our country, I unfortunately have come to think that Disney should seriously consider re-evaluating this attraction. And that makes me sad...

Last edited:
Yeah he should be in there. And I won't be.
Yeah....to me this is the only real course to take for myself....But he did win, and he is the President, whether i think it is absurd or not is irrelevant...I just wont visit it while he has any speaking role. But I have zero problem with others who support, or can separate those issues....thats fine as well...but for the folks who say "get over it", my answer to that is simple.."NO"....I dont have to, and it doesn't effect one patrons day if I choose not to go...If i went in and booed or made some kind of demonstration, then for sure i would be in the wrong

I have come to avoid the Hall of Presidents, which I have visited at least once with every additional audio animatronic figure over the last 46 years, because of the behavior of guests (either booing, applauding fanatically or commenting) which is such a turn off. Depending on certain guests' reactions to the addition of the President Trump AA (which I really doubt will be at least neutral respectful silence) and the current state of political disagreement in our country, I unfortunately have come to think that Disney should seriously consider re-evaluating this attraction. And that makes me sad...

I agree. Why people can't sit and take it all in without causing a commotion I don't understand.

The only time I boo at Disney World is when I go near the Duffy meet-and-greet. Do I boo viciously? You better believe I do. I'm not gonna let that uninvited little hairball strut around like he owns the place.

#COTD nomination!

The only time I boo at Disney World is when I go near the Duffy meet-and-greet. Do I boo viciously? You better believe I do. I'm not gonna let that uninvited little hairball strut around like he owns the place.

So gonna be a bit of tough situation if/when Duffy is elected president

Don't go in if you object to who ever is the sitting president. Hell ,I boycotted it for the last 8 years. Can't wait to see Trump when the rehab is completed.

I think since a precedent with a sitting President speaking was already started - to change it now would look political - REGARDLESS of your politics, would set a dangerous precedent, and be a slippery slope, and I personally don't want to see them start going down that path now.

I like the original OP's idea. It would be neat to have just one person speak, but I agree very much with the above poster. I believe the current political climate would make a change such as the OP suggested seem politically motivated in nature. Perhaps, when the climate cools, this would be a good change to make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter