D23 2015

The one poster shows the boat ride (which is good because some people are again speculating that it was cancelled) and mentions "Bioluminescence". I wonder is the glowing plants will be all over the area or strictly a feature of the boat ride.
Yeah lots of speculation that because you can't see the boat ride it's delayed and stuff. The boat ride is connected to the banshee show building and with all that foliage and rock work they have hidden things well.

This has been my thought all along on Avatar. People can hate or ignore the movie all they want -- fair enough -- but I am just hoping and expecting that the new land will be cool enough to stand on its own, regardless of any connection to a movie. Nice to see someone (i.e., you) who hasn't seen the movie but is still looking forward to seeing what they do with the new land. Have seen lots of comments from others over the last year or so like "I refuse to see the movie and will never visit the new land." That argument makes no sense to me whatsoever...while Disney certainly seems to make some decisions that don't always make sense to those of us who are big fans of the parks [translation for most people: Disney isn't putting in new rides and attractions based exclusively on my personal favorite movies and ride types...how dare they not ask for my input?!], we've still got to give them at least a little credit. Can't fathom that they are putting this much time and attention (and money) into a non-Disney IP if they don't think it will be ridiculously incredible. Let's hope for the best.

I am kind of thinking of waiting until after we visit Avatarland to see the movie. It might make the park experience even cooler to not have any expectations.

I do wish they could have spent the time, effort, and money on Star Wars at DHS instead, but hindsight is 20/20. If that hadn't started Avatar when they did, which was before they bought, or possibly even thought about buying, Lucas, it would be a really long time before we had anything new. At least the rumors seem to indicate that the budget for DHS is massive.

Just saw a segment on good morning America about the D23 expo. It was a behind the scenes with John Lasseter. He announced that toy story four will be a love story between woody and bo peep. They also showed an adult Elsa dress that looked beautiful.

I don't care. I'm not going to Shanghai anytime soon I want something like that here. That ride vehicle itself looks awesome.

Agree. As was discussed before...I don't care if this is themed after "The Great Mouse Detective"....it looks amazingly cool and I wanna ride it!

Somehow...imagineering went from the "just get stuff
Done"darling subdivision of the 50's-early 90's to the distrusted, demeaned, often burdensome to executives thing we have today.

It's all about the stock...because they have shown what can be done regardless of budget and
Schedule when OLC wants something done.

Really a shame...because wed/WDI used to be the shining star of the operation in many ways.

They probably still are...to you and me.

But I think they've been maligned because (and by) the bean counters hate being told that, to do things "right", the costs are more than what they want to pony up.

We've seen what they can do (DCA's redo) when given a considerable budget and allowed to work some magic.

And we've seen what they can do when given a limited budget which gets constantly cut back during the project, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter