~ Curse YOU indoor plumbing!!! ~ Sept 2009

Great updates!!! :goodvibes

I love your BB pictures - we have never been to either water park so I love seeing what they're like. The picture of gabriel mimicing the sign is so cute. :lovestruc

That's too bad that you didn't enjoy Chef's de France. It seems like to TS restaurants at WDW are really hit or miss. :confused3

BB is so fun....although with the very little guys, I think TL may work better.

We were kind of in a funk with eating - maybe it was the heat. My birthday dinner was AWESOME and made up for Chef's.

I just went through the house earlier to get the winter clothes out and I have a bag started for you:goodvibes.

Two of the personalized items Gabriel still fits in so I will have to send them after the Christmas Holiday:santa:

I am so jealous that you have a Christmas trip planned:thumbsup2

Oh my!

I am so behind in my DIS' ing!

We are going to the beach this weekend and we don't have internet. I hope to write up the next installment and post it on Monday:confused3

I joined the Gym (the pictures of me in the sausage casing of a wetsuit was the last straw!). I have been getting up at 5:15am and working out for an hour. Then it's home to get Gabriel off to school and then I have to go to work. I don't get home until 6 - 6:30 so I am BUSHED.

Hopefully, I will be able to get fit and participate in one of the athletic events they hold at the World.....wouldn't that be fun!:cloud9:

I am very behind on reading everyone else's trip reports too:sad2:

Such a bad DIS er:mad:

Take care and hopefully an update will come soon. I can tell you that the next update will have our very best meal:yay:

Oh my!

We are going to the beach this weekend and we don't have internet. I hope to write up the next installment and post it on Monday:confused3

I joined the Gym (the pictures of me in the sausage casing of a wetsuit was the last straw!). I have been getting up at 5:15am and working out for an hour. Then it's home to get Gabriel off to school and then I have to go to work. I don't get home until 6 - 6:30 so I am BUSHED.

Hopefully, I will be able to get fit and participate in one of the athletic events they hold at the World.....wouldn't that be fun!:cloud9:

I am very behind on reading everyone else's trip reports too:sad2:

Such a bad DIS er:mad:

Take care and hopefully an update will come soon. I can tell you that the next update will have our very best meal:yay:

:hug: Can't wait to hear more. Have fun at the beach! :goodvibes

I just found your TR. Your family is so cute! Love the DC pics of your DS. What a great swimmer!

Good job on joining the gym and working out so early in the am. That is my goal for the winter, I swear I"m the only person who gains weight in the summer! Who does that with all the activity??

.... I knew he wanted to ask Crush some questions but I had butterflies in my stomach because you just never know what he is going to say. Most times, further parent explanation is needed. He started just blurting out to Crush and I had to shush him (I hate doing that). He realized the other kids were raising there hands so he did the same. He never did get called on and I was sad and relieved at the same time. He was okay with it though so that was good.

Sounds like another one of those "box of chocolates" situations... when you never quite know what you're gonna get! But it did sound like Gabriel enjoyed himself and that's the only important thing. :thumbsup2

In a way, I'm glad, because I am soooo behind in all my TR reading!

We're a matched set!

Have a great weekend....

Kathy

:hug: Can't wait to hear more. Have fun at the beach! :goodvibes

We had so much fun....we have new scooters and we scooted all over.....it was a beautiful day Sunday and we scooted to Fisher's Popcorn to get some caramel popcorn to snack on during the Raven's game. Not so great for my fitness but I needed it so I didn't lose my mind during the game:rotfl: Also, I feel kind of lazy scooting around.....we usually pedal bike it so we are going to have to mix them up I guess.

I just found your TR. Your family is so cute! Love the DC pics of your DS. What a great swimmer!

Good job on joining the gym and working out so early in the am. That is my goal for the winter, I swear I"m the only person who gains weight in the summer! Who does that with all the activity??

Thanks and welcome! I would strongly recommend trying to go to the gym in the am.....it is amazing to see the dedication of the people there and it inspires me to keep it up. Plus, I have plenty of time for the most important meal of the day;)

Yes, it would be! Go for it!:thumbsup2

Hmmmmm, I wonder where I got the idea:laughing::thumbsup2

I would LOVE to do the event you just did! For the swim portion - how far was it? I don't really have a place to train for that but if I am a good swimmer and get a variety of workouts in, do you think I could do it without actually swimming to train??

Sounds like another one of those "box of chocolates" situations... when you never quite know what you're gonna get! But it did sound like Gabriel enjoyed himself and that's the only important thing. :thumbsup2

In a way, I'm glad, because I am soooo behind in all my TR reading!

We're a matched set!

Have a great weekend....

Kathy

Your trip is getting closer:yay: I figure gettin behind will leave me with lots of fun reading for the colder months:cool2:

We watched some of Forest Gump this weekend at the beach!!!!!:rotfl: I was laughing at how literal Forest was taking certain things. We both know how that is:upsidedow

I meet with the trainer tonight at 7pm and will try to get a workout in as well. I doubt I will be able to update tonight but since everyone is behind - I don't feel so bad:goodvibes

Hmmmmm, I wonder where I got the idea:laughing::thumbsup2

I would LOVE to do the event you just did! For the swim portion - how far was it? I don't really have a place to train for that but if I am a good swimmer and get a variety of workouts in, do you think I could do it without actually swimming to train??

Yes, you absolutely could do it. I spent all summer working on my swimming, and I honestly think the only thing it did for me was give me the guts to get in the water. It certainly didn't actually help me with the swim portion, as I wound up doing backstroke for most of the way. :confused: I never once did backstroke in my training. I think my problem was two-fold: One, I'm very OCD and when I was swimming laps I would count my strokes. All the time, every time. During the race, I couldn't get past 5 strokes or so without kicking or being kicked, so that threw my count off and therefore threw off my whole rhythm. Thus, the backstroke. Also, even though I swam in a lake several times during the summer, I guess I didn't get enough used to the serious differences between pool and lake swimming and just couldn't bring myself to do it very long in the actual race. So, all that is to say, despite my best efforts and lots of training in the pool, I really don't think I used any of it in the actual race.

Now, with the bike and the running, it was so very obvious that the training paid off. I did so much better on the bike than I thought I would that my whole family missed me coming in. :laughing: And, as it always does, running goes so much better with lots of miles under your belt.

So, all that is to say, I think you should do it! I had so much fun in mine and will always be so glad I did it! If you know how to swim at all (even if you can't train for that part) and you run, bike or do whatever else you like to do for exercise, you'll do great!

Leslie

PS - just re-read your post - the swim part of my race was 1/2 mile, with a 12 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. That's pretty standard for sprint triathlons, although the swim part is often shorter than that. Go for it! :yay:

Okay, I'm all caught up now! :goodvibes

You're doing a great job! Love all the pics of Gabriel...he's SO cute! Love the toothless pics!!!:cutie:

So sorry to hear that your time at POP wasn't so magical. I hope it got a bit easier the rest of the week for you?!

Aww, what a sweet Anniversary gift from DH! And so happy to hear that you left him surprise you, too!;)

I honestly laughed SO hard when I read about your bathing suit at DC! OMG! I can't believe your husband didn't tell you sooner!!! Is there a good story of revenge here? LOL!!!

And you're DH is SO right, the bus stop at Epcot is like 2nd class citizens....it's SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Looking forward to hearing more!!!:surfweb:
Take care!
Kristen:goodvibes

Yes, you absolutely could do it. I spent all summer working on my swimming, and I honestly think the only thing it did for me was give me the guts to get in the water. It certainly didn't actually help me with the swim portion, as I wound up doing backstroke for most of the way. :confused: I never once did backstroke in my training. I think my problem was two-fold: One, I'm very OCD and when I was swimming laps I would count my strokes. All the time, every time. During the race, I couldn't get past 5 strokes or so without kicking or being kicked, so that threw my count off and therefore threw off my whole rhythm. Thus, the backstroke. Also, even though I swam in a lake several times during the summer, I guess I didn't get enough used to the serious differences between pool and lake swimming and just couldn't bring myself to do it very long in the actual race. So, all that is to say, despite my best efforts and lots of training in the pool, I really don't think I used any of it in the actual race.

Now, with the bike and the running, it was so very obvious that the training paid off. I did so much better on the bike than I thought I would that my whole family missed me coming in. :laughing: And, as it always does, running goes so much better with lots of miles under your belt.

So, all that is to say, I think you should do it! I had so much fun in mine and will always be so glad I did it! If you know how to swim at all (even if you can't train for that part) and you run, bike or do whatever else you like to do for exercise, you'll do great!

Leslie

PS - just re-read your post - the swim part of my race was 1/2 mile, with a 12 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. That's pretty standard for sprint triathlons, although the swim part is often shorter than that. Go for it! :yay:

:cool1:I will see where I am in my fitness in the next few months and then seriously consider it. The FW event is annual isn't it? I hope they don't move it around to different places.

Hi! I didn't know you started!!! Going back to read now and subbing!!!:goodvibes

Okay, I'm all caught up now! :goodvibes

You're doing a great job! Love all the pics of Gabriel...he's SO cute! Love the toothless pics!!!:cutie:

So sorry to hear that your time at POP wasn't so magical. I hope it got a bit easier the rest of the week for you?!

Aww, what a sweet Anniversary gift from DH! And so happy to hear that you left him surprise you, too!;)

I honestly laughed SO hard when I read about your bathing suit at DC! OMG! I can't believe your husband didn't tell you sooner!!! Is there a good story of revenge here? LOL!!!

And you're DH is SO right, the bus stop at Epcot is like 2nd class citizens....it's SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Looking forward to hearing more!!!:surfweb:
Take care!
Kristen:goodvibes

Unfortunately, the magical bathroom noises at Pop made us feel like we were in a daze most of the time due to lack of sleep. When you add in all the walking..........well we were drained. Our last day, I gave up and we didn't get to do what I wanted to do(BOOOOOOO). It was just too hard to cram too much into our short trip. If it would have been just adults - touring the parks would have been much better and more productive. I wanted to keep the hubby happy so we chose something more relaxing and cool for our last day.

I can't wait to read your adults only trip and see your pictures. I didn't like our pictures but I don't like pictures of myself anymore (although, I am changing that and will be FIT next time:yay:). If I can reach my goal, I am rewarding myself with a Disney fall trip next year! I also may do a quick weekend (maybe just hubby and me:cloud9:) for the Trek Triathlon if they have it at FW again and I feel like I can do it!

I know I can...I know I can....I KNOW I CAN!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

OH! and BTW one of Gabriel's teeth is finally coming in!!!;)

:cool1:I will see where I am in my fitness in the next few months and then seriously consider it. The FW event is annual isn't it? I hope they don't move it around to different places.

This was the first year for this race (mine was the Trek Womens Series), but I think it's intended to become an annual event. There also is the Danskin Series race - same distance, all women as well - that is held sometime in May. That is also an annual event. So, you should have 2 different times to give it a try! If I lived down there, I'd definitely try to do both each year.

Okay I learned my lesson and this day I had scheduled a wake up call for 6:30am since we had an 8:10 ADR. Ring Ring and Stitch was telling me to wake up!

We wanted to grab a mug refill and a juice for Gabriel but the MK bus was there so we hopped on. Like I said, every time we wanted the bus not to be there it was and vice versa. I guess not a bad problem to have though.

Although tired, I was so happy to be headed to the Magic Kingdom for my BIG birthday. Half way there I remembered that I had forgotten my Bday certificate! Peter said he would take the bus back when we got there. I told him to wait until after CP so he wouldn’t miss it. Then I thought I would ask at guest relations to see if they could help. This isn’t how I wanted my B-day to start!

Well it turned out….after all the worry ~ I didn’t need it! I got my gift card and happy me and two grouchy tired boy were on our way down an almost empty main street.
9-8-09010.jpg

I had Photopass pictures done here and I don’t think I really like any of them. I did order the CD and I will post when they arrive but I wasn’t happy with the ANY of them for the price. This was our first attempt so maybe it takes some practice and also some convincing to have them do multiple shots. Some of the faces Gabriel made ~ I can’t believe they thought I would be happy with those pics……

Anyway, on to breakfast…..

9-8-09011.jpg

View from the front of Crystal Palace

I absolutely LOVE Crystal Palace for breakfast! When we walked in the place had a weird smell…..almost mildewy?? Not horrible but noticeable.

We were seated fast and Peter wanted me to go up first. Again, my stomach was blah and here I was at the home of Pooh Bear Puffs! I went to get a plate ( I think I got a puff, breakfast lasagna and some muffins for Gabriel). When I returned there were two cards on the table. One from my little guy and one from my big guy. I opened them and said thank you but had to tell my sleepy hubby “Did you know this is an Anniversary card?” He had a blank look on his face and said “Ah, no. Go back and get another plate.”

I knew what happened….he pulled the wrong card out his backpack. He does buy multiple cards usually and I guess he didn’t give me that during our Anniversary ADR.

When I returned again, alas, there was a b-day card waiting.

As usual, Gabriel loved seeing the characters:
9-8-09029.jpg

9-8-09021.jpg

Not sure what was going on here:laughing:

9-8-09019.jpg

Tigger took his Tigger!

9-8-09018.jpg

Gabriel thought it was a riot!

9-8-09016.jpg

I also got a B-day cupcake and card from the Pooh characters.

9-8-09026.jpg

Gabriel helped blow out my ONE candle:woohoo:

We decided to get Gabriel on Big Thunder mountain. He had ridden it the year before and while he didn’t want to do it again…..he was okay while we were on it. We passed a stand with hats and he was very interested in them. I told Gabriel he had to ride the ride first and then he can get the hat (I‘ve got such swell parenting skills, huh - you do what ya gotta do:rolleyes1).

We did the ride and he was okay but very quiet and would say “woo hoo” but with no emotion. He was kind of just saying it because he thought that would make it fun for him since it wasn’t (if that makes any sense).

Next we tried to sneak onto Splash Mountain but as soon as he saw the log cars - he knew it was the “prickers and thorns” ride and that we would be in mortal danger if we rode. He got very upset so I didn’t push any further and much to Peter’s dismay - we left to go watch Daddy ride from the bridge.

Once Peter was done….we got Gabriel his hat but not until I said he had to at least ride POC and he agreed. After POC we went to the Castle because I wanted to look at the gift shop. Well, it’s not there anymore and they said the Art store is on Main Street. I was looking for that special painting…..I knew we wouldn’t be able to get it but I was hoping they had made it into a poster or smaller print. So, we decided to do WTP.

9-8-09054.jpg

With his hat on and trying to make sure Tigger SEES everything:lmao:

Then we went over to Buzz Lightyear and rode 4 times. We also got to see Buzz!

9-8-09062.jpg

This was almost another "this is bad Dory" moments.....Buzz was going to have to leave soon and we had two people in front of us taking FOREVER!!!! Luckily for us Gabriel was able to see him then......I am not sure how he would have reacted to Buzz leaving without "meeting" him and I am glad I didn't have to find out.

I wanted to go to the gift shops and see if I could get something with my gift card.

9-8-09096.jpg

Bye Bye "Purple Planet" glady not newly knicknamed "Puke Planet":rotfl:

9-8-09095.jpg

So pretty:cloud9:

On our way we saw the Move it Shake it Parade. Gabriel let us stand there and watch but he would not participate. Just standing right next to the parade was a HUGE improvement from the previous years.

I love the music to this parade….I wish I would have had some of my girls with me so we could have bust a move!
9-8-09078.jpg

9-8-09079.jpg

After the parade we went to Main Street Bakery for an Ice Cream Sandwich. Now you know something is wrong with me when I just get one for my hubby and only take three bites! I swear Disney put something in the food so I wouldn’t take advantage of all the free snacks! I wanted to Gabriel and Ice Cream too but the vanilla had the bean flecks and he will NOT eat that:sad2: I think I just got him a juice?

We checked out the gift shops and I just couldn’t find anything that grabbed my eye. I had thought we were going to leave the park at that point but Gabriel said he wanted to do the Buzz ride again. Peter took him to do the ride while I called my Mom so she could wish me Happy B-day. I also told her she didn’t have to print my boarding passes since the resort was doing it for us.

We left the park and headed for Epcot via Monorail at around 1:30.

Up next our best meal and who knew that “Space” was inside the “Big Ball”?

Great update!!! I love the pictures from breakfast at CP. Gabriel looks so cute in his Mickey ear hat too. :lovestruc

I'm looking forward to hearing if you ever found your painting. :goodvibes

And.....

Mousescrapper...when I started reading - your post was the last.

MOUSES CRAPPER!!!!:rotfl2::lmao:

You have no idea how much that made me laugh!

happy to oblige....I will never live down my name....:sad2: It's OK...now it's a running joke....on my last trip to WDW, some lady actually asked what "Mouse-Crapper" meant....boy I need to make a new LGMH before the new trip...I debated changing my name, but what fun would that be....

just call me Scrappie ;)

Carol,

sorry, I have got so far behind in your TR...it has been a fun catch up!

I love how Gabriel is having fun finding his little friends....I remember when Nemo came out (summer 03 I believe?) and we were on a family road trip to NC and Myrtle Beach SC, and we'd stop at every McDonalds' we saw trying to collect all the Happy Meals Nemo characters...we got quite a bunch, they now hang out in my Mom's playroom at her house for the kids :thumbsup2

Sorry Peter is quite un-impressed w/ Pop still and understnad that bus theory :headache:

Glad the day at BB was a success and my DH and I had a great laugh w/ Gabriel's interpretation of the "No" :rotfl:

He looks so happy in your pictures...what fun to see such sweet joy :lovestruc

Happy be-lated Disney b-day...hope you found something great to buy w/ your GC! I have not seen that parade, but that would be fun to party and rock w/ my Dis-ladies :dance3:

oh back to AK and your comment on people forcing kids on the big rides....I don't get it either...you and your DH did a great job flip-flopping, that is what we do too...it's just not worth it the other way IMHO

sorry about your dinning woes and not loving your food...

can't wait to read and see more~ popcorn::

Scrappie J~

oh your bday sounds like so much fun so far. It stinks that your stomach wasnt feeling hungry:guilty: It missed out on alot of good stuff that week. Cant wait to hear about your dinner.

Great update!!! I love the pictures from breakfast at CP. Gabriel looks so cute in his Mickey ear hat too. :lovestruc

I'm looking forward to hearing if you ever found your painting. :goodvibes

I'll spill the beans now and let you know that we never found the picture. We couldn't get it anyway since he splurged with the earrings:guilty: We found other paintings from the artist just not that special one. I can order it online if one day we are able to get it.

I am hoping to get that package out for you soon~just been sooooo busy.:dance3:

Glad the day at BB was a success and my DH and I had a great laugh w/ Gabriel's interpretation of the "No" :rotfl:

Yes, I thought you may understand:goodvibes

He looks so happy in your pictures...what fun to see such sweet joy :lovestruc

Well, we keep him happy by letting him lead the way.....of course that leads to a :mad: Daddy:lmao:

Happy be-lated Disney b-day...hope you found something great to buy w/ your GC! I have not seen that parade, but that would be fun to party and rock w/ my Dis-ladies :dance3:

Thanks - and nope never found anything that was WOW! I did get two things that I will post about for our last day. That parade is so FUN and I am not a parade person!

sorry about your dinning woes and not loving your food...

It was strange - maybe it was the heat.....we just weren't hungry. We did have a VERY yummy B-Day Dinner:yay:

Scrappie J~

oh your bday sounds like so much fun so far. It stinks that your stomach wasnt feeling hungry:guilty: It missed out on alot of good stuff that week. Cant wait to hear about your dinner.

I did miss out on so much.....I LOVE those Ice Cream Sandwiches at MSB! Oh well, it's not like I needed it but I had been looking so forward to being a little piggy. Dinner almost made up for it all though:goodvibes

First of all... Happy Belated Birthday! :cake:

9-8-09019.jpg

Tigger took his Tigger!

9-8-09018.jpg

Gabriel thought it was a riot!

Oh, I can practically hear him laughing and laughing! What a great time!

Wow... sorry about the tummy troubles... major bummer! :sad2:

I love that you let Gabriel go on Buzz so many times in a row... when they like something, they really like something!

Kathy

Hello!

First off, I think Gabriel is adorable and you are such a wonderful, patient mommy.

I am through page four and I just have to say DC looks amazing! My DD is a fish too and would love to go there. Not this trip but maybe another time down the road. I cannot believe your DH did not say anything--but then again that is what mine would probably do too! :rotfl:

We have never stayed at Pop and after your experience, I am really hesitant to want to stay there. WL is one of the resorts I would love to stay at but not this trip either--we are staying at POR. Hopefully it will be nice.

I hope your trip was pleasant overall and was better than the time before was for you. I am off to bed--looking forward to reading the rest when I get an opportunity. :surfweb:

First of all... Happy Belated Birthday! :cake:

Oh, I can practically hear him laughing and laughing! What a great time!

Wow... sorry about the tummy troubles... major bummer! :sad2:

I love that you let Gabriel go on Buzz so many times in a row... when they like something, they really like something!

Kathy

Thank you:goodvibes

Well, we kind of HAVE to let Gabriel do his rides over and over:thumbsup2. He is only into a few rides so we let him ride them as much as WE can stand (thank goodness IASW isn't one of his favorites;)). If he had it his way - he would live inside the Winnie the Pooh Ride.;)

I forgot to mention that the lines were so short we rarely had to pull the GAC card. I believe we only used it for Soarin' and for the Safari Ride. He has come so very far in his ability to wait.:banana:

Hello!

First off, I think Gabriel is adorable and you are such a wonderful, patient mommy.

I am through page four and I just have to say DC looks amazing! My DD is a fish too and would love to go there. Not this trip but maybe another time down the road. I cannot believe your DH did not say anything--but then again that is what mine would probably do too! :rotfl:

We have never stayed at Pop and after your experience, I am really hesitant to want to stay there. WL is one of the resorts I would love to stay at but not this trip either--we are staying at POR. Hopefully it will be nice.

I hope your trip was pleasant overall and was better than the time before was for you. I am off to bed--looking forward to reading the rest when I get an opportunity. :surfweb:

Hi!

Thank you for the compliments.

Yes, DC IS amazing and worth doing once in your life. I would go again since Gabriel had so much fun and would probably not do the Dolphin part again (just because of the cost).

As for POP.....I think there must be rooms where the noise is not that bad....maybe the top floor?? I think we were hearing all the floors above us draining down:confused3 It was pretty bad.

Otherwise, the resort isn't bad.....if you need to stay there because of finances - it would be okay. The food court is a zoo though if you don't get there early but that was the case at the WL too. We just love the WL. I have heard wonderful stories about POR too so I think you are fine. Some people care about the resort and some don't. We definitely fall into the ones who care:3dglasses

For the most part it was a good trip. Lessons are learned with each venture and I have to remind myself that many people are unable to go at all and we should be very thankful.:angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter